Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[NSFW] 2019 NEW YEAR [WDT]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

(pretty sure that was the joke)

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I really hope Louis CK makes a full comeback. The leaked set had me crying with laughter.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah. Totally agree with you.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Knowing that its very existence offended lots of people makes it even more awesome.

I hope he makes a comeback too, especially in the present face of other comics who are arguing over what should and shouldn’t be said on stage during a performance. Here’s what shouldn’t be said: nothing.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It’s hilariously offensive and it should be. I saw some sites calling him the new hero of the alt-right or whatever. Some other comedian stole his jokes, tweaked them and is now using them and getting credit for having an appropriate version of them. Insanity.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That is literally THE two worst things you can do in a comedy club: get offended, and steal another comic’s jokes.

I hope that bitch gets backlash for being a virtue-signalling hack. You can’t call yourself an “ex-SNL Star” if nobody has ever heard of you.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait who stole CKs jokes?

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Sasheer Zamata, whoever the fuck that is. Like Juice said, it’s utterly insane: They’re actually praising and applauding her for trashing his set DURING her act, then for stealing and rehashing and his joke “the way it should have been done.”

If this becomes the new trend in comedy, then there’s no hope for it. These people need to be told to sit down and shut up. They’re ruining EVERYTHING fun.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They can all get fucked. I’m tired of people trying to infect everything with their “wokeness”. Can’t we just have comedy?

That Sasheer girl used to be or maybe still is a cast member of SNL. She was kinda funny on the show.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Is she even more famous than the haunted house decoration that Arianna Grande dated who I ALSO never even cared to know the name of?

11. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you listen to the clip? She’s just making fun of him and what she has deemed lame and bad jokes. The audience then laughs and agrees with her that those jokes were lame and bad. Comics aren’t allowed to have opinions and make fun of each other?

Jesus Christ do some of y’all work hard to get worked up about stuff. You heard and liked Louis CK’s jokes. You heard and didn’t like her jokes. Seems like the system is working just fine.

Bonus points for adopting the idea that certain groups should be shouted down and silenced based on their opinions.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh give me a FUCKING BREAK.

Funny how she chose him to go after instead of of one of the other six hundred professional stand-up comics. And to answer your question, no, comics don’t attack each other in their acts; with the exception of David Cross who unabashedly attacks Dane Cook, and Maria Bamford who makes fun of every female stand-up comic at once.

She was projecting. Period. Talent wasn’t getting her far enough fast enough so she deployed an attention-whoring reentry vehicle. She chose a soft target in a comic currently elbow-deep in public shame who was obviously working out raw material in a small comedy club. Which was leaked. Comedy isn’t rap music. You don’t get to diss the bigger players just because nobody pays attention to you. Worry about your own material like everyone else.

13. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Using your own logic, why isn’t it ok for her to make fun of him? She is on stage. Shouldn’t she be allowed to say what she wants?

Also, I take it you’ve never seen comedians roast each other.

14. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So there are rules to what you can and cannot say now? I thought you liked comedy because people got to say whatever they wanted, no holds barred. She should shut up just because she said something you didn’t like? That seems exactly like the snowflake type of argument you profess to abhor.

She went after him because his bit was in the news. He’s rich as fuck and one of the most famous people on the planet. He’s not some bus driver just trying to put in the work and go home. He’s a celebrity trying to become even more of a celebrity. He’s not above criticism.

If he didn’t want to expose himself to these jokes, he shouldn’t have...well...exposed himself.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah I don’t get how he’s an SNL cast member, may be the least funny person on that show since Chris Kattan. Then again I haven’t actually watched a full episode from start to finish since Will Ferrell was on it. Barstool Sports nailed it when they said he had “butthole eyes.”

16. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Geez no kidding.

Leave the serial sexual harasser alone!

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I guess I have a problem with comics trying to become famous the way Amy Schumer and Carlos Mencia did: by cheating.

18. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You’re pulling arguments out of your ass faster than Louis CK pulls out his dick in a hotel room.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

.....boom roasted?

20. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok. Sexual harassment ok, joke stealing unacceptable.

Got it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.