Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[NSFW] 2019 NEW YEAR [WDT]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The holidays are behind us and some of us are trying to get our lives back on track by routine, diet, and work.

In that vein, for @Rush-O-Matic : Boobs. The flannel is bonus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Focus: New Year's resolutions? One of mine is to find at least one quality boobie pic per WDT. Dream big, y'all.

This weekend's beverage of choice is this, because this is the only lager I could find at the grocery store on my last run.
    [​IMG]

Happy Friday, Idiots!

2. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here are mine-

Gain my strength back and be able to crack the 1,000 lb mark for a combo of bench, deadlift, and squat. I used to be able to do this easily a couple years ago. Nowadays I have an iffy rotator cuff and joint pain so it’ll have to be a very slow process.

Hit $20M in annual gross revenue for my biz while working 20% less hours. Very doable with my current team, however I’m constantly weighing revenue vs headaches (employees). I won’t sacrifice my mental health for an extra buck.

I have a few others that I haven’t fleshed out yet- volunteer more, increase my presence in the community, romance the wife more, etc. However without quantitative goals I’m wasting my time. I’d also like to be less of a hermit on the weekend but it feels so damn good to not have to deal with people every now and then.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Got 2 12 packs of Shiner Cold Front for the cooking this weekend. It's a variety pack with three amazing beers, and as a pack it is my favorite of recent recollection. The pecan porter, individually, might be my favorite seasonal beer. If It's available where you are, I suggest you check it out.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ftfy

5. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was that all that was left or all that they stocked? I thought my local grocery beer selection was shitty...they stock Bud/Coors/Miller, every IPA known to man, and only 2 or 3 other beers.

6. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My resolutions:

- Get back on the bike more, since we moved I'm no longer commuting by bike and I barely rode over 1k miles last year. I think the sweet spot is around 3k per year...enough to keep me in shape for long rides, but I'm not spending every nonwork hour I'm awake on the bike. Plus I doubt I'll have much time to ride once the kid is born.

- Learn some Spanish; the wife and I just need to decide if we want to use Babble or Rosetta Stone.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

1) Stop being fat.

2) Stop eating things that make me fat.

3) Have the willpower to stop eating bad things.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Not to make anyone jealous, but the grocery store had beautiful baby back ribs for $4/lbs. So on Sunday I'm doing two racks (about 7.5 lbs) for around 5 hrs at 225 over oak with the rub I posted in the last WDT.

Tomorrow is shrimp and scallops over pasta with asparagus and mushrooms, smothered with a homemade white wine, garlic cream sauce.

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t typically make New Years resolutions- I’ve got enough room for improvement that I spend all year trying to get my shit together.

I did sign on, so to speak , with the Dryuary movement this year. As someone else posted I’ve cheated slightly so it’s more like Dampuary, but I’ve cut down immensely. I feel a hell of a lot better.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The stereotypical new year's resolution (go to the gym more) is about to be forced upon me, as in a few months my brother's gym is going to open and I'll have to frequent it to support him. Fortunately, since I'm not much a fan of exercising, on the second floor there is a full bar with a bunch of local beers on tap. I imagine I'll be lifting weights one pint at a time.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That is genius. Will it become more of a bar with membership dues?

Semi related. We've wanted a home gym for awhile and now we've got it. Last weekend we bought a butt ton of pavers to make a patio for the outdoor gym. The cost of the weights was easily the cost of a gym membership for both of us for a year and the pavers were defrayed with a giftcard. We don't have any gym related promises or resolutions but we both like to lift weights and when Craigslist calls, you answer.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

No it’s a gym that’s way too expensive for the demographics ($120/month). Also he has never worked in a gym before nor ever been in any management positions. Suffice to say we don’t expect it to last long.

But I will take full advantage of it while it lasts.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That's all they had! Are you in the PNW? What you describe is accurate for these parts. Tons of IPAs, several of your big seller domestics, some ciders. I did get a Dragon Milk stout at the liquor store for the potato salad over Christmas and I should probably go back to browse their selection. If I recall though, they just had one fridge case of big bottles of specialty beers, and I want something I can actually drink a 6 pack of before getting sick of it.

[​IMG]

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Damn, our place an entire refrigerated aisle, which is basically in quarters of local, craft, domestic, imports. Then they have a few shelves (probably equivalent to another aisle) filled with other beer brands and a separate place for ciders. They also do a cool thing with wine where if you buy 6 or more bottles, you get 10% off every bottle. That discount adds up quick.

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Specs, right? That place is adult candyland.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Nope, HEB. We do have specs though, and HEB puts that place to shame.

**edit** Except for the fact that Specs does have good cigars. HEB has them, but they suck.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

How? HOW? I mean, Specs is a fucking warehouse full of booze. I needs pics of your HEB before I can truly believe.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

First night in a long time I get to just kick back with a few beers and relax in front of the wood stove.

My beer of choice this evening is an IPA from Treehouse Brewing Company. And it’s an enormous pain in the ass to get a hold of.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The trend right now seems to be toward these bourbon beers (beers brewed and/or aged in bourbon barrels). They're really expensive and, as good as they are, in my opinion they generally aren't worth the price tag. With one exception:

Budweiser Copper Lager.

For $8/6 pack (where I live) it is a genuinely enjoyable drink. I suspect this will eventually be to bourbon beers what blue moon was to craft beers. I hate that the Budweiser name (and the Jim Beam partnership) take away from the brew's deliciousness.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If it tastes good, then just enjoy it... don't worry about what all the Hipsters and Beer Snobs will think of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.