Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Nobody's cooler than Jack Nicholson.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Supertramp, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

Ben Harper.

This dude plays every possible genre of music, toiled obscurity for many years while always delivering the best live shows out there. He has a documentary DVD called Pleasure + Pain where you get a good look at what kind of person he is and he is quite the philanthropist without being douchey like Bono.

My favorite quotes of his:
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color...straight to the heart and mind of all people.

"It's important that that voice of peace always exist, in every generation. Because sometimes peace seems like the underdog. I don't know why, and I don't know how humanity has worked itself into this corner. Peace is now something that is taken far less serious than violence. Violence has almost become human nature, and peacefulness has almost become a myth."

""I really make an effort to live according to my word. That doesn't mean that I am exactly like in my songs. I have broken hearts and gladdened others. I aspire to be the best that I can be. It's easy to be a gangster rapper like Snoop Doggy Dogg who murders a man --him or his bodyguard-- and then goes around saying that you shouldn't do that. It's much more difficult to go in the other direction and to try to be a good guy because everyone is looking for the weakness under the image. I try to maintain these beliefs as a way of life, to be a man of my word rather than a thug who repents afterwards."

"You can't fool music. Because music will expose you as to the depth of who you really are, and who you really want to be."

3. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

Sam Jackson exudes cool. I don't care if he's smoking a cigarette, or rattling off a string of obscenities that'd make a sailor blush.

4. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seconded on Eli Wallach. Great scene

#44 E. Tuffmen, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015