Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Nobody cares about the UFOs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Sign of the times when the Pentagon releases declassified videos of UFOs and no one seems to give a shit. Its probably nothing or some random test aircraft that they arent declassifying, but who knows? Information on it here: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics/pentagon-ufo-videos/index.html

*Puts on tinfoil hat* I tend to think the government does know way more about UFOs that they are letting the public know. Whether or not these are extraterrestrials, I have no idea. But I do think some of the sightings are far more eye-brow raising than just writing off than the ramblings of some drunken hick.

Focus: The declassified info and UFOs.

Anti-focus: *Swaps out for bigger, more sturdy tinfoil hat* Or its an orchestrated effort by the government to distract the public from the rapid authoritarianism power-grab by the New World Order.

2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The lack of response is due to A) These videos were released last year- maybe unofficially, but they’ve been out for at least 8 months B) the videos kind of suck - it’s unclear if they’re even in the visible spectrum, some are grainy, and honestly they look like there’s a bug on the camera, or maybe a bad pixel C) CORONAVIRUS

I’m skeptical. Unless COVID is the alien equivalent of small pox blankets, and they’re just softening us up.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

“Unclear” has always- - - ALWAYS - - been the operating word when describing UFOs, because there has never been a clear sighting of them ever. Never have I lost a wink of sleep over them, never have I EVER believed for a second that we have had extraterrestrial visitors. I will believe in ghosts first over that, there’s just no fucking way.

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm the opposite. The universe is far too big and unknown for us to be the only sentient beings in it.

Furthermore, less than 1,000 years ago humanity thought Earth was flat and if you went to far you'd sail right off the edge. Now we've been to our own moon, have rovers on Mars and a probe in interstellar space. I don't believe it's out of the realm of possibility for some of the above mentioned sentient beings to be more evolved and more technologically advanced enough to be checking out other planets, Earth included.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I 100% believe that there is life out there. What I am saying is that I am 99.999999999% certain that is has never come to this planet. The closest star is over five light years away, and it has one planet orbiting it that life can’t possibly exist on. It would take a high-speed bullet travelling terminal in a perfect vacuum over 500 years just to pull out of our sun’s gravity.

You’re right about the advancement we’ve had: they’ve shown us the ridiculous scope of the universe, and proved to us that we will never, ever, ever, EVER leave this solar system until we invent fantasy machines like reactionless drive (can’t exist) or learn how to teleport to places we can’t see or comprehend.

With wormholes only being a theory (as much as movies want you to believe they are real) there is no way we’ve been visited. And even if we were.... they flew back home afterwards?? No.

It would take all the energy available to this planet for a week (including core radiation) to get a hockey puck up to 99.9% Light Speed (over 670 million mph). And knowing Newton, you can’t have all that energy used without an equal expulsion of it. Until we break the theories implied.... we’re here, we’re queer, we’re bored with it.

#5 Crown Royal, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  6. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find it fascinating how some people experience this sort of phenomena and others never see a damn thing. It makes sense to me that there is more than we know about or can comprehend.
    Sometimes I wonder if we are too caught up in the idea of physically traveling to another planet. Perhaps the secret to interstellar travel is actually through the mind. Smoke some DMT and get back to me.

7. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Come on now, let’s not get THAT crazy.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uhh, have you been on the internet? We STILL have people that think the Earth is flat...

9. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tim Pool brought up a good point on Rogan's podcast. He was talking about the 2006 O'Hare incident that occurred a few weeks after he quit and he heard about it from friend. He noted that cameras are ubiquitous now and the quality of those cameras is insanely better than they were in 2006. He pointed out that you would think the number and quality of UFO sighting would go up but that isn't the case at all....almost the opposite.

This is the coolest video I have seen for spoofed aliens

#9 ODEN, Apr 29, 2020
  10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

With better technology and social media, lying is a harder thing to do, and lying is what is required when you boast about encountering aliens, or ghosts, or a lapdancer going home with you.

Back in the day, Travis Walton or basically any idiot in bib overalls could say they were abducted and probed by aliens, but really they were just raped in the dark by a crew of hillbillies with a floodlight rack on their truck.

11. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We can hear air force pilots in awe of these things as they're seeing them though. I never got why people were so quick to dismiss these videos, I think they're cool as hell. I believe one was spotted by two experienced air force pilots and also picked up on radar. That is a legitimate UFO - which I think is a claim people write off because they assume UFO = aliens, which = crazy tinfoil hat territory, so it must have been nothing or just a drone or something.

This was too well documented to be nothing in my opinion, and if the Chinese have a fleet of drones that seem to defy what we know about how propulsion systems work, that's almost as fascinating to me as if it were aliens.

Joe Rogan Experience #1361 had an air force commander on who had seen some of these - I can't remember if it was these exact ones, but I remember it being a very interesting listen that really made me doubt the drone explanation.

#11 JoeCanada, Apr 29, 2020
  12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Experimental craft sightings, I can totally buy. For the original Roswell incident I think the safe money is that if ANYTHING happened, it was a red scare tactic from the Soviets during the peak of that era.

I think the greatest phenomena was back when I was 19 the Phoenix Lights occurred, which of course was actually A-10 jet flares but that, coupled with the fact that The Great Comet (“Hale-Bopp”) was bright in the sky that year it REALLY freaked people the fuck out.

but still, it was flares. As for the state governor saying he saw an actual alien ship that night... he should have been removed from office and put in a mental institution. Or at LEAST called out for trying to cause panic.

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the only thing that has me believing that something odd was actually there. These guys are experienced, with plenty of flight time, so they saw something- I just wish they would give a clearer description, how far away they appeared to be, relative size, color and apparent material composition. They spend alot of their time talking about how the things moved.

I have zero confidence these are Chinese drones, unless they stole the technology from us.

14. HornsChick

HornsChick
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The air force pilot on Rogan's podcast said it wasn't just radar, he had eyes directly on them at about 1000 yards out. It doesn't make him the final authority on the issue, but it's not just bugs on the lens.

15. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rob Zombies take on this is Everybody’s Fucking in a UFO. Skip to about 4 minutes in for the actual song.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We here about “private astronauts” and the like such as the Flat Earth idiot, perhaps there are people out there who construct flying devices and keep it a secret? I’ve seen half a dozen different videos of people using weather balloons to send French toast to the cusp of space.

One thing is for sure— when a pilot says they are a UFO I will believe it. the problem comes when you can’t identify it. Not because you think the pilot is full of it, but because as soon as society doesn’t get a straight answer the conspiracy thirties begins their butterfly effect.