Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

"No, that's ignorant. You're being ignorant."

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beefy Phil, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fair warning: Post again in this thread and I'll ban you. Rep or PM me about it and I'll ban you. Do anything but adhere to the unreasonable demands I have placed on you, backed up by the threat of e-violence, and I'll ban you.

2. slippingaway

slippingaway
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Or:
    All I will say on the subject is this:
    When individuals, groups, companies, and nations continue to compromise because of threats of violence from these extremist groups, they are doing nothing but reinforcing that behavior by those extremist groups. The more they get away with threatening violence and getting their way, the more heavily they are going to rely on that as a tool to further their cause. There's only one direction things can go; the threats will get more violent and more outrageous, and the reasons for them to issue those threats will get more trivial. At some point, the rest of the world needs to stand up and push back. The sooner that happens, the better.

3. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

5. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm definitely going to bomb your paradigm.

6. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will start of by saying that CC was well within its rights to censor this episode of South Park. Does that make bowing down to threats right? Hell no! But they as a company do have the freedom to make that decision. I completely disagree with their choice, but it was theirs to make.

People have said this is not CC's battle to fight. But I disagree. If for no other reason than this is every American's battle to fight. Appeasement is not a productive reaction to any saber rattling jackass with access to gun. Because it conditions both people and governments to give away their liberties, merely because actually fighting for what is right takes to much work, and sacrifice.

Extremist, as their name implies, do not understand the concept of reasonable compromise. So each time they are allowed to intimidate, or coerce, free people into accommodating their fucked off world view, they are simply going to be emboldened into demanding more ludicrous accommodations.

If we are truly the America that we claim, the America that went to fight the good fight against Hitler, then NO LIBERTY is negotiable. NO FREEDOM should be sacrificed for ANY reason.