Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

No-Shave November

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crazy Wolf, Oct 28, 2010.

1. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every time I shave, my face gets really greasy for a day or two afterwards. This got better when I started wetshaving, but not a whole lot. Besides which, shaving takes time and is a pain in the ass.

When I had an electric beard trimmer I'd use that with no guard every now and again. However, that broke right before I came to Cairo. I brought all my shaving stuff, but I haven't shaved once here. Instead I'm trying to keep things trim with a pair of (what looks like) nail scissors. Does okay, I guess.

I started shaving when I was 12, so I'm totally over that shit. I also don't really have the kind of face that a woman would love stubbly. I can grow a nice goatee (though it doesn't really work with my face) so that's cool.

2. pinballwizard

pinballwizard
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I refuse to believe that a well maintained beard/stubble on an attractive jawline isn't nearly any woman's kryptonite. The same can apply for chest hair, but when the growth extends past half and inch or so it often takes a northbound train straight to creepyville and I start crossing to the other side of the street.

I personally shave absolutely everything to a nearly obsessive degree. Except arms, people with shaved arms make me nervous.

3. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm doing Movember and I know I'll look ridiculous. That's the point, to get people to notice your ugly stache and ask you why you have one, hence raising awareness.

4. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I look like the world's tallest, fattest 12 year old if I don't have facial hair. That's what I used to think until I was cleaned shaven today at a client's office. I was talking to one of the users and mentioned that I had graduated high school in 2001. She looked at me as if I had suggested I teabag her and said "Really? I thought you were way older." Now I don't know if I should grow it out and look like a grizzled lumberjack or shave it to keep some semblance of humanity.

5. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My beard is awesome. Full beard with the neck and chin shaved off, so I guess a handlebar beard, although when anyone asks me what the style is called I tell them it's a Pedo Beard-a phrase which I believe I picked up on here. Did it for a joke last christmas, and haven't looked back since.