Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Nnts Nnts Nnts Nnts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Clubs for teh most part are not fun, but there are a few I enjoyed VERY much, like Paladium n Acapulco which was an incredible time, and I've always liked The Guv in Toronto unless you accidently walk into the wrong Asian and he and he and his Special K-addicted buddies decapitate you in the parking lot.

2. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Obvious troll is obvious.

3. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You sound bitter dude. I don't know about you but I refuse to be settled for.
    I've already repped you this, but this was the very first thing that popped into my head when I hear all of these people hating on clubs. If you can't dance you're going to hate them because you have absolutely nothing to do. As for me, there are a few clubs I used to frequent (not so much anymore because I don't have the time). Although I hate the high priced drinks, I don't go for the drinks, I go for the music.

There is a club in Addison called Gloria's which has a live salsa or merengue band Fridays and Saturdays.

There also used to be a club in the Fairgrounds area called Minc. Although there was some shady people there sometimes, the place was fantastic. They had the best house music I've ever heard in Dallas and I used to go dancing there all the time because there was no cover. My fondest memory there was dancing for 3 or 4 hours with friends, smoking hookah and seeing all kinds of fun weird people there, in particular the girl in all white who was going about on roller skates inside the club.

#83 LatinGroove, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like bars. I like live bands. I like dancing. I like music. I especially like music if I know the band onstage.

I do not like clubs anymore. Back in my early 20s, I did enjoy them, but these days, I'd rather sit back on a chair with a beer, prop a foot up, listen to the music, dance with The Guy, and shoot the shit with my friends than be THAT GIRL. Obvious girl is obvious.
    We went to the Stockyards over the weekend, and it was very interesting for me to watch the amount of Try in the room. My Guy and I were wearing boots and jeans and t-shirts. We didn't look sloppy, by any stretch, but neither of us were trolling...it was interesting (to me) to see the differentiation.

And, clubs are too crowded. I don't like people being close enough that they're touching me, unless I know them very well.

5. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I wish I had that much hair.

6. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish I had that much game.

7. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While women receive some "looks", I think they are embellished greatly in most women's minds, a subtle self-validation that we have learned from being numbered on some hot+smart=8ish scale. Sadly, many don't get over it mattering greatly how they are perceived by the opposite sex, the same sex, other mom's, as an employee, etc.

I believe they are hyper aware, while men hardly seem to know what is going on as far as "faces" and "looks."

I watch women, friends, me even, struggle with self perception and reality. It's an interesting drive.

8. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to love clubs back when I was at Mizzou. I actually enjoy dancing. I am not great, but I am decent. And it is fun to go out, and let loose to some hip hop. (Cant stand techno)

And the clubs in Columbia are pretty cheap. A place called The FieldHouse had 10$ bottomless cup every Friday, and another favorite, Tonic, only charged a buck for a long neck.

Plus it is always nice to see attractive girls dressed to the nines, but that wasn't the most important part. (Anyone who has ever hung out at Mizzou knows hot girls are plentiful there.) And honestly I went out to dance and have fun. It might make me sound a little light in the loafers, but I think going out with the intention of getting laid puts a damper, and pressure, on something that is supposed to be fun and relaxing.

So I think clubs can be fun if they are your thing. Yeah there are douches bags there. But there are douche bags everywhere. Same goes for whores. (Apparently read women that wont sleep with the male members of this board.)

9. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Clubs are fun for the first few times you go and then the novelty of dudes buying you drinks based solely on your appearance wears off. Inevitably, free drinks lead to being "this isn't fun anymore" drunk and you end up pressing your junk against somebody else's junk and making out sloppily.

I much prefer a bar or a pub, where you can actually have a conversation with somebody before deciding if you want to make out with them. And if I'm in the mood to dance, then there is no better place than the gay bar.

10. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The horror.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The first part of this sentence is bouncing of the second part.

Usually, free drinks for me lead to "WHEEEEEEE!!! I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR ANY DRINKS!!!!"

12. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was raised Mennonite - I don't say no to free anything.

But free drinks did become problematic in an 18-year-old jennitalia's ability to make quality life choices. While all current life decisions are obviously not of the utmost top caliber, they have vastly improved since my younger, dumber days.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its all very situational for me. When I was in college, I loved "clubs". But that was the standard club/bar hybrid where hip-hop was blasting and the dance floor was full. I loved getting out there and dancing/grinding/whatever with a bunch of random girls. I would rather dance with 5 girls that know how to dance and go home alone then have 5 mediocre bar conversations and still end up alone anyways.

Now, in Chicago, its a different story. There is a clear segregation between bars and clubs. I have a number of idiot trust fund kids in my circle of friends so bottle service gets purchased on semi-regular basis. Besides the free alcohol, you can actually enjoy it, cause some of these clubs are ridiculous spaces decorated and set up in impressive fashion. And you can people watch cause you aren't smashed up against a Jersey Shore reject. Ive went to clubs twice in the last year, not at a table, because it was a girl's bday. Both experiences sucked. Because, despite what I was conditioned to in college, most girls don't want to dance, even if you approach them in a completely normal and non creepy fashion. Thus, what else is there to do?

I appreciate clubs for what they are, and have had some good times, but in no way am a club rat. Shiny shirts clash with my complexion.

14. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When I was in my early 20's I didn't mind night-clubs at all. Especially if you went with a big group of people for a birthday party or something. It gave me an automatic 'in' with lots of cute girls, and quite often other girls would take notice of the guys in our group simply because we were on the dance floor with our female friends.

I cannot count the number of times that I'd be dancing with a girl in my group, then the song would end, and a different girl from the dance floor would inch her way closer to me and give a suggestive smile and a "lets dance" type of look.

That being said, I've never been comfortable with night-club politics. Approaching a girl and asking her to dance quite often felt like Russian Roulette because more often than not it felt like they simply wanted the ego-boost being asked to dance before they say no, and return to dance with their girlfriends.

Now that I'm in a relationship, I've had little need for night-clubs.

---

To me, the perfect compromise is a big sit-down bar that has a smaller dance-floor. Sometimes the mood may strike and you may want to drunkenly dance with your group of friends! I don't think that black shoes, greasy hair and $120 t-shirts should be required to do that.

15. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    That's not even close to how it's spelled.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And for those kids that aren't old enough to get the Apocalypse Now reference:

Although both seem somewhat appropriate.

#96 Nettdata, Mar 22, 2011
  17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And for those who aren't literate enough to get that it's a Heart of Darkness reference.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Don't get your panties in a bunch... it can be both, you know.

And I couldn't find any other video clip to be funny with... Apocalypse Now was the only adaptation of HoD on YouTube, and Marlon Brando does it justice.

19. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MOD FIGHT!

#99 Frank, Mar 22, 2011
  20. Gatling

Gatling
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I am much too old to go to clubs.

And I was too old a few years ago when one of our "A-Gay" friends turned 40. After dinner, my wife and I joined the birthday boy and a collection of his young friends at a (straight) dance club in Hollywood. At first it was okay. We were in an upstairs lounge area.

Then my wife convinced me it would be fun to go dance. The club was 18 and over and at some point I had a young girl with daddy issues trying to dance with me. This would be manna from heaven for many of my peers but she looked younger than my daughter and I was just creeped out. We left.

Lesson learned: there should not only be a minimum age to enter the clubs but also a maximum.