Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NFL 2010 Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by pterodactyl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What I can't figure out is why Washington wanted him. I don't pay enough attention to know otherwise, but I though Jason Campbell has a very similar skillset. McNabb seems like the same player, only older, more expensive, and much more overrated.

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is right. I can't believe we have a love fest saying we won't trade him and then give him to a rival that will be better with him. McNabb is not my favorite player but he is much better than Jason Campbell if you do not think that you do not watch the NFC east. I thank GOD for JC every time we play the skins.

McNabb overrated? Maybe. Too old, he has 1-2 years left of being an above average QB, will he make it harder for the Eagles to win the NFC East? 100%!!!! Stupid, stupid move.

Of course my great city did keep Joe Blanton for about 7 million and let Cliff Lee walk for 9, so who knows what else we have up our sleeve?

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On April 1st a bunch of websites ran a story that McNabb was traded to a CFL team which was kind of funny. In reality he got traded to the Redskins who are essentially a CFL team. Muahahahaha

4. no use for a name

no use for a name
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I heard a rumor that the Skins made this move in a grand scheme to send McNabb and their 4th overall pick to the Rams for the #1 overall pick, and the Ram's third round pick. Seems unlikely, but I do think there will be more to come out of this.

As a skins fan I don't like it. It makes us better now, but it's a very short sighted move. Once again we're trading away picks and becoming older. Now, if we can somehow get a 2nd round pick for Campbell (highly unlikely), then I like it.

I can't believe the Eagles traded him in the division, but I respect their loyalty to McNabb. One ESPN commentator said that sending McNabb to Oakland would be like putting your mother in a state run retirement home. The Eagles will be better for this in the long run, they are just stacking draft picks right now.

5. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Loyalty to McNabb? How about loyalty to the fucking program???? Again maybe they did this knowing the skins are going to trade him, but I would rather have him at Oakland then give him to a team we play twice a year that would absolutely benefit from getting a better QB.

I am shocked by this whole situation and am very curious to see how it plays out.

6. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

I think Vick gets to watch over Kolb.

7. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Everything Reid has said indicates Kolb is playing and Vick is watching.

The Eagles better work out their problems on the offensive line, regardless of who is QB, or they won't be producing shit. I'm also interested to see how the team holds up now that they've released all the old veterans who kept morale up like Dawkins, Westbrook, and finally McNabb.

8. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This trade is so fucking huge. I literally was unable to talk about it for twenty minutes upon hearing about it. Could it be a bust? Yeah, sure. But oh man does it have some potential. I think the inter-division trade was to appease McNabb, I heard a report that he would "retire" if traded to the Raiders. And he could; if memory serves I believe he was the first $100MIL man in the NFL. Why? Because he's a winner, a leader, and a character guy. He's already received his payday. He's set. He need's something else: the fucking Lombardi trophy. And truth be told, all Washington DC wants is a winner, a leader, and a FUCKING Lombardi trophy.

Simply put, McNabb is a tier two QB that can win a championship. (I'll save my predictions for the Skin's receiving corps later).

This is, however, unfortunate for Jason Campbell. I've always been a fan. Slightly above average quarterback, lots of class, strong arm, extreme toughness. Not very cerebral though. His breed has been completely devalued by the league, and there's nothing but the past Skins regime to blame. The Skins will be lucky to get a 4th for him; I'll be posting my reaction with my pants off if they pull off a 3rd. Best of luck JC, and please know that you're a better quarterback than Sexy Rexy.

So depleted of draft picks, what should the Redskins do to be competitive in 2010? Here ya go:

*Trade the following to Baltimore for Jared Gaither and a 5th: Chris Cooley / Fred Davis + Laron Landry (Haynesworth / A. Carter will not move to a 3-4 defense).
    *Trade Albert Haynesworthless for a pick (let's call it a mid-first / early second), his contract is now manageable as the Skins have paid him $41 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS FOR PLAYING IN 13 GAMES!!
    *With a stud left tackle in Gaither, there's no pressure on getting Okung, which is nice, since he's not going to be there (Detroit) so you can either select a McCoy / Suh, to replace Haynesworth OR pick up Eric Berry (in the event that Landry was traded) OR have teams with two first round pick such as SF or SEA that could trade up with for the talent still available.
    *Trading up the 4th pick to SEA / SF would get you a mid 3rd rounder best case, low 4th rounder worst case.
    *So now they have a 14-17th pick (CJ Spiller via SF/SEA), 17-36 pick (Best Right OG/T Available via Haynesworth), 3rd/4th Round (Best DB Available, I'd obviously prefer Morgan Burnett from GT via SEA / SF), 4th round (Best Center Available via Jason Campbell), 5th Round (OG/T Depth via Baltimore).

That's what I've got so far, April is shaping up to be an interesting month for the skins. The front office is pretty unpredictable by now.

9. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably more useless wildcat attempts that yield four yards per try.

10. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2001- Rams 29 Eagles 24

2002- Tampa Bay- 27 -Eagles 10

2003 Panthers 14- Eagles 3

2004- Pats 24-Eagles 21

2006- Saints -27- Eagles 24

2008- Cardinals - 32-Eagles 25

2009 - Cowboys 34-Eagles 14.

If by winner you mean he has a winning (an excellent one at that) regular season record than I will agree. I define a winner as a man who comes up huge in the big games. MCnabb DOES NOT do this, not even close, not even an argument. He has blown more big games than most QB's have even played in.

The only thing more ridiculous is you hinting at a Redskins Superbowl, save that for the trash talk thread (or more accurately the Drunk thread) they should absolutely be a better team even a Wildcard team maybe, but Superbowl?? Unless Chris Cooley, Santana Moss and Randel-El are incredibly adept at having passes hit them in the feet you are a long way from a title my friend.

Good luck. At least your franchise has the gut's to spend money and try and improve, I have no idea what the Eagles are doing.

11. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

McNabb better eat his chunky soup, cause he just took two steps back going to D.C. He's going to get pummeled, just like Campbell, behind that line. Portis will be making comments blaming McNabb before you know it, just like he helped railroad Campbell from his crutches. He doesn't have ANYONE to throw to, AGAIN... as sad as this sounds, he doesn't even have Randle El there anymore, as he's signed back to Pittsburgh. Philly was finally getting a decent offense back together after the T.O. Super Bowl run team, apparently they want Kolb leading the charge there.

I'm waiting for Vick to be traded as well, but we'll see.

Jackson was pretty damn good, but outside of him and T.O., who's he ever had to throw to? Fred Ex? Stinkston? Come on, even with a bum receiving corp and a half ass ground game he's carried that team to the playoffs essentially every year, in footballs most competitive division. Guy is better than most QBs to have played the game.

12. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

He brought his team to 5 NFC championships and 1 Super Bowl. He threw for 32,873 yards, 216 TDs, with only 100 INTs (a better TD/INT ratio than Peyton.) Seriously? That's not good enough? He was a top 6 QB in the NFL for most of his career, and he's still in the top 10-12 depending on who you ask.

Edit: And besides Jackson last year, and that one year things were good with TO, he has had fuck-all for receivers his whole career.

13. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You guys clearly are not Eagles fan's. If you read my post I never said he's not good. I would probably put him at a second ballot hall of fame inductee, however he is a CHOKER!!! Period. He does not win the big games!! He was an excellent athlete and he had the tools to make it plenty of times, he didn't come up when he had too.

Look at his numbers in The Tampa Bay and Panther games, we were favorite's in both of those games. When we lost against Arizona he got some garbage stats at the end of the game but he again played awful, blew passes and let us down.

Trust me I have screamed for number five for years but you guys actually drilled my point home, 5 NFC championship's, 1 Super Bowl ZERO rings. He had TO in the Superbowl so don't blame the WR core, he did however have that whole meltdown when he threw up and managed the clock poorly.

Remember I never said he wasn't a good QB just that he could not win the big game.

The big arguments here in Philly year in and year out is whether or not to blame Andy Reid or McNabb, it's hard with so many win's but when you have no ring it's frustrating.

I know this brings into focus that age old argument Montana or Marino? Numbers vs. Rings? I don't have an answer for that, I do know as a loyal Eagle fan my entire life that McNabb does not perform well in the big one's.

P.S. If you read my previous post's you also so my anger at the Eagles for trading him to a division rival!! I clearly do not want to play against him unless or course it's in the NFC championship, then I'll welcome him in with open arms.

14. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Apparently he has a QB rating of 71 in championship games (listening to D.C. sports talk radio right now). Regardless, you Eagle fans have nothing to worry about, Marc Bulger is now available as a free agent... I think I'm hesitant to say getting a team there isn't enough as a die-hard Bills fan, seeing that if you ask me there are few greater QBs than Jim Kelly.

Shaun Rogers should have a ballad of stupidity written. His gun charge keeps getting better.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's kind of ridiculous to blame losses on one player for every championship game when you have 22 starters on a team. Based on your logic I could say I wouldn't want Dan Marino to play on my team because 'he couldn't win the big one.'

And where did you come up with 'garbage stats' against Arizona? He led a great comeback, retaking the lead after being down 24-6 at the half. The defense proved they were completely incapable of stopping Fitzgerald. You might want to blame the defense for that loss, not Mcnabb. Besides, didn't he throw for like 370 yards and 3 TDs?

The fact that he was in all those title games proves he can win in the playoffs. What I hate about people saying stuff like this is that they just ignore every other big game the player has won and pretend those don't count.

Don't get me wrong, the redskins will still suck, but they're much better off with Mcnabb. Campbell in no way was a 'slightly above average QB'. The poster who said that has very low standards for an average QB.

16. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I said it. Look at jc's increase in production with a decrease in offensive line integrity and a diminishing run game over the last three years. He's not a bum ny any stretch.

17. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The QB position always takes blame when the big game is concerned, save the 22 starter crap. He is 1-5 in championship games three of those games we were favorites.

He was terrible against Arizona if he didn't throw the balls behind his wideouts in the first half they wouldn't have had to comeback.

You guys also didn't have to sit through the numerous press conferences of him blaming his defense and the other players, you don't do this at QB. Everyone knows you get too much credit for when you win and too much blame when you lose, that is the position and that is what it entails.

He had a horrendous superbowl, singlehandly lost the panther game and was terrible against Tampa in the last football game ever played in the Vet.

There is a reason that Philadelphia fans are not up in arms that we let go a franchise QB for a second round pick, to a rival team as well. He is not a winner, don't twist the argument I never said he was not good I simply said he can not win the big game. He HAS NOT won the big game, ever!

Marino's numbers are insane which is why people make the Marino vs. Montana argument, I had posted before I didn't want to get into that. But by saying that Marino was not great because he did not win the superbowl sounds like you are comparing McNabb to him which is ludicrous.

Fans are grateful for what he has given us but bottom line no one thinks he can win a championship. We are not the Cleveland Browns were not looking for a QB that can take us to the playoff's or give us a winning record we want one that can give our city a ring; and that is not number 5.

18. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He is not a bum, I think you took heat for not recognizing that McNabb is a much better option.

19. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

2001- Rams 29 Eagles 24 (30)

2002- Tampa Bay- 27 -Eagles 10 (49)

2003 Panthers 14- Eagles 3 (22)

2004- Pats 24-Eagles 21 (51)

2006- Saints -27- Eagles 24 (??)

2008- Cardinals - 32-Eagles 25 (47)

2009 - Cowboys 34-Eagles 14 (37)

So, in the biggest games of Donovan's career, Reid asked him to throw 49 attempts, 51 attempts, and 47 attempts. Let's just pretend that there MAYBE 70 plays on offense per game. Maybe. Nice balance, no way a defense could game plan against that. Seriously dude, 51 pass attempts against Bill Belichick in the fucking Super Bowl and you only lose by 3? Retarded.

But I'm sure that "choking" should carry over to a zone blocking, run first type of coach. And another thing, I never fuckin' claimed that the Skins were going to win the Super Bowl. I merely presented what I believe to be an ultimate scenario in the wake of yet another depleted draft.

The Redskins are always 8-8 to me.

EDIT: Not to mention that last time the Eagles made the playoffs before McNabb came on board was when I was two years old. Does that make sense?

20. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Amidst all this speculation I'm going to go out on a limb here and say McNabb and the Redskins go 8-8 this year, no playoffs, 1-1 against the Eagles. Guys, McNabb is overrated. A bust. Joe Montana he aint. Brag about his numbers all you want, argue his lack of a recieving corps all you want (personally I think TO is a poison, for any team he plays for), but he is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL. He'll do nothing with the hapless Redskins, and you can call me a hater or a moron now all you want, I'll be right back here when the season's done and I'm (pretty much) right.

Jesus, do I sound like Skip Bayless? I do, don't I...