Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NFL 2010 Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by pterodactyl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Plainly ridiculous. My two favorite teams are the Vikings and the Chargers, and I wouldn't rank them as high as they are. Well. Maybe the Chargers. But the Vikings can't be ranked anywhere until we know for sure who their QB is going to be.

2. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, what should/will the Patriots do this off season?

3. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think the Ravens made a HUGE move getting Stallworth. If Mason comes back they are a legit contender (impact rookie WRs are just too few and far between).

Best place for player arrest records.

For the Bills fans, serious problems in '10 for the offensive line. Brad Butler (RT) retires at 26. Demetrius Bell should be back, but reports are he will not be fully ready to go until the '11 season, and there's still a chance he doesn't come back at all this season. Fuck the life of a Bills fan.

Love this scenario, the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Bills blogger dropped this one. I'd like to keep rocking my beast mode jersey, but trade Lynch to San Diego for a second round pick. San Diego drafts too late to get their moneys worth on any backs that will be left in the first round, and by pick 28 of the second the talent pool will again be shot for backs. Lynch is a proven commodity, a So Cal guy and fills the void left by LT in the platoon. Bills grab another OT and someone late to back up Jackson.

4. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

The most absurd thing I've heard about football and it has also been written elsewhere. Like Peyton or not, he's one of the most intense competitors in the game right now.

I cannot help feeling like the owners are somehow looking forward to this lock-out in two years. It seems like every move is being made assuming that it is going to happen.

I know the Commissioner will do everything he can to make sure that there is a season, but I think the owners see this as their best opportunity to get the salaries where they want them. It's almost like the owners have that "gotcha" grin. I don't even want to think of a season without football.

5. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/02/23/1268368/replacing-peppers-will-be-team.html

The Panthers let J Pep walk. As a Panther's fan, I have mixed emotions about this. Peppers has given us some good years and was an integral part of Super Bowl run, but he was never able to step up as a leader, and never had much of a locker room presence.

I wish things had worked out differently. I have a feeling he'll be staying in our conference as well.

6. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I actually think this will be a great move. Jones got a bad deal getting banned again, as he violated the terms of his drug court deal by having a couple of beers during a game of golf; an stupid oversight but not exactly morally reprehensible. He was starting to really get the hang of playing receiver and there is no doubt that he's a great athlete. He will make an impact for the Bungles.

7. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

He showed flashes of that potential, and I'm a firm believer it takes 3 seasons for the vast majority of receivers to develop.

I'm assuming anyone vaguely interested in the NFL already knows T.O. has been told he'll be released, but what I'm more surprised and disappointed by, is the release of Josh Reed. Reed has been on the team for quite some time, and unless you are a Bills fan or in seriously deep leagues, you've probably never heard of him. This guy was clutch however, and no matter who the starting QB was, he always managed to come up with the big catches. I will be truly disappointed if he is not brought back, and can already see New England signing him.

8. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Let the the free agent market open. Two hours to go and I'm excited... in that it's the only football till the draft. A pretty mediocre pool if you ask me, there's a lot of guys at the end of their prime here. The more I look at it, the more depressing it is, most of these guys have got to have tired legs. Seriously, I was gonna say Ladell Betts is my favorite back out there, but even he missed time with torn ligaments last season.

9. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The wonderful things I'm waking up to this morning.

The Falcon's front office is great. I'd been hearing they want Dunta Robinson, and they go straight out and grab him

Holy shit, an NFL.com rumor comes true, Chargers really did wanna trade Cromartie. Goes to Jets for draft pick (I still can't get over Jamal Williams being cut).

Only Detroit would think Nate Burleson is worth a 5 year, 25 million dollar contract. Then again, only Detroit would have signed Phillip Buchanon for more than a year, and then release him from it early.

Jake Delhomme gone? Why am I not surprised... The difference a year can make. Antrel Rolle and Laveranues Coles are two names to surprise me, despite previous talk of being released. Coles I was disappointed by, been a fan of his since Tallahassee, but all I can think of is them making room for T.O. (and the shit fantasy season he had).

10. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jets got a great deal for Cromartie. As already stated on Gang Green Nation, "The price isn't too bad. A third round pick for a guy with Cromartie's talent I can live with. As always if he plays well enough to give up a second, that's nothing any of us should complain about."

Playing for Rex Ryan and opposite of Darrelle Revis is only going to make him better. Whether he learns to tackle remains to be seen.

11. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Two big name DEs switch teams. Vanden Bosch to the Lions and Peppers to da Bears. Good thing the Bears got him for 6 years, they have a couple rebuilding years to go. Hopefully they can keep his interest that long.

12. goodfornothing

goodfornothing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Ravens get Anquan Boldin & 5th rounder for a 3rd and 4th.

13. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

As a niners fan, this makes me very happy. Seems like the Ravens just robbed the Cards (although, where the fuck were the cards going this season with Lienert?).

14. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The Ravens were apparently chasing Kevin Walter pretty hard, so they definetly wanted another target. Boldin/Stallworth/Heap/Clayton(If they resign him) is a good receiving corp.

I want the Falcons to grab Kampman so we can grab a corner or saftey high in the draft.

15. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Boldin can stay healthy and out of trouble he will drastically help that franchise. I'm pretty sure Flacco's leading receiver was Ray Rice last year, Mason is a fossil and Todd Heap is an antique. Ravens will be pretty tough to beat with a true # 1.

16. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It remains to be seen if Boldin is a "true #1" though. He's always been a possession receiver, more of a red zone threat than a deep threat. If they can pick up a speedy WR to play opposite of Boldin and utilize Flacco's arm strength, it'll make him more productive. Still, it's a great pickup (and for a great price).

17. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Panthers release Jake Delhomme.

I know this is sort of late, but I am a Panthers fan. As much as ol' Shaky Jake has been the cause of my frustration, I am sad to see him go. I understand that it was time to part ways- ever since the Tommy Gun surgery, Jake has been off. Ever since the defeat to the Cardinals, his confidence has been crushed. I will miss Jake though. He was a core member of the Cardiac Cats, and those were really good days. Say what you want about him, he wanted to play for the Panthers. The man had heart in spades (unlike a certain inconsistent defensive end). Jake goes the way of Kerry Collins, Steve Beurlein, Jeff Lewis, and Chris Weinke. Let's see what Matt Moore can do.

18. SnM

SnM
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

19. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

20. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy Shit!!! First off I have had a Jäger Bomb and a car bomb what the fuck is an "O" bomb??

Secondly this does not look good for Big Ben. He is known as a heavy drinker and a player and he already has a pending case people are going to seriously start doubting him now.

Also this doesn't have the feel of the women who waits at a hotel bar to set up an NBA player, this looks bad!! A university of Georgia student? Of course she could be crazy, and of course she could be lying but something seems strange.

It's time for Big Ben to grow up a little and mind his business, he can still party hard but he is got to be careful. Athletes are not treated like actors and musicians, (SEE TIGER WOODS) I know he's not married but your going to need more than super bowl wins if you get convicted of a sexual assault case (SEE MIKE TYSON) this could end his legacy.