Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NFL 2010 Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by pterodactyl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to bet on Brett whenever tragedy struck. I made a shit ton of money when his wife had breast cancer.

3. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Buffalo has a SERIOUS problem with injuries. Losing 2-of-3 running backs in the first preseason game, for the remainder of the preseason? Come on. Now second generation super-star and sophmore safety (who came in second in ROY voting despite missing several games) Jairus Byrd,might miss the season opener. Posluszny, Byrd, Kelsay, Jackson and Lynch are all top tier Bills. Among them, only Jackson seems to stay health for any period of time. Fuck this season already.

Hopeful Marcus Stroud's move to the outside is a good one.
    Albert Haynesworthless is making it REALLY hard to like him.

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I cannot believe how bad the Falcons are. They should trade for Vick.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yay Patriots. That long pass to Moss was PI. No doubt about it. Oh well, it is preseason.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Ok so what the hell is with the newest "addition to the booth"? When I first heard them introduce the guy as a former Official somethingoranother I though that's great we'll get a whole new spin on calls/no calls and such live action style. Sweet! Then they said he wouldn't actually be in the booth. He'd be at home and they'd go to him via remote whenever they needed to. Huh? So how...? I just don't get it. Seems wonky to me but we'll see.

As for the game last night, Ryan looked like he was playing in a HS game. Which with it being preseason it kind of is I guess.

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Ahhhh and it was wonderful. Preseason or not that place was packed full of fans.

Observation, the new lining up of the officials gave Peyton some serious pains. He kept snapping before the ref was behind the last player lined up in the back, not giving the official time which as we all know is a penalty. They warned him 3-4 times yet he still did it and got called for it. To say he was pissed is an understatement. I have to wonder how this will effect the entire league and season. We shall see. What I do know is the Packers had no issues with it at all and thus far in preseason I hadn't really noticed any other team taking issue with it either.

It's going to be a very interesting and exciting season.

59-24! They rode 'em like they owned 'em. Yee Haw!

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Is there no game on tonight or what? And if so, why is there no game on tonight?! I seriously tweaked my back and all I wanted to do was go home, have drink and lay on my couch watching A GAME! WTF?

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Three posts in a row all from me, a chick. You guys are panzies.

A Manning throws a hissy fit and lookey what happens.

11. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

To be fair, that rule was fucking stupid. Every team who runs a no huddle or hurry up offense would have been screwed by that rule at one point during the season.

12. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Oh I agree it was stupid and put the officials at even more risk. My point was more that it wasn't until Peyton got his panties in a bunch and bitched that they changed it.

Why is no fucking game on TV tonight?? WHY? WTF. Now I'm pissed. They keep fucking with this shit. It's different every single god damn season, all due to money. Fucks. I remember watching games with my dad (Dolphin fan) when I was a kid, Monday night games were not only on MONDAY, they were on good old regular TV. Matter of fact THEY ALL WERE. Quite obviously this shit really pisses me off. As we slide into the regular season, it won't get any better either.

Yeah, yeah I know, "Hey shegirl why don't you just nut up and buy a package tightass?" Shut up. Maybe I need something to bitch about.

EDIT: Upon further searching we'll get the Seachickens and the Raiders. At least it's something.

13. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You really think they would have changed it if Eli threw a fit? Would anyone have noticed?