Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crown Royal, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy incognito

guy incognito
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Mine is simple: don't make the same mistakes I made this year. Don't fall in love with a slut, and be more careful about who I trust.

2. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Have more fun. I get so focused on work, school, and training that I'm wasting my youth away. My goal is to drink more and go to more live shows and festivals.

3. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

...that's what she said!

Focus:
    Stop smoking. I only smoke when I drink. I drink a fuck ton. This means that I smoke a lot, too. I gotta quit. I'm too old for this shit.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Keep smoking. That's a resolution I've kept for the last 13 years or so. And hey, if I break it, at least it's healthy.

5. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My resolution last year was to stop smoking cigarettes, which I broke approximately seven seconds after the ball dropped.

However, I ended up quitting last June thanks to this self kelp book which I now swear by:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Non-Smokers/dp/1402718616" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smo ... 1402718616</a>

If you're resolution is to stop smoking this year, give this book a shot.

You can repay me by reps and donations to my paypal account after.

FOCUS: I have none this year.

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kickstart my writing output to at least one story a month and one blog post a week.

Either find the type of job I'm looking for or go back to grad school in order to better qualify me for said type of job.

7. hiphopguru

hiphopguru
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

be a better person.

work on starting my youth program.

8. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

sorry man, but this reads like an algorithm of despair.

9. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

1) Get my weight down to 200 pounds again. I weighed in at 216 this morning, so I'm getting there. I do this by eliminating fast food, my intake of beer and unhealthy snacking. The fast food and lack of snacking are easy, but I fucking love beer. That one is going to take some real work.

2) Be more encouraging to people. Over the past few years of my life, I've noticed that I've become more pessimistic and negative. I want to swear less, and encourage more. If I can brighten up somebody's day with a geniune compliment, then I'm on the right track.

3) Network more. My goal is to be calling hockey in Major Junior by the time I'm 30. Right now I'm 24, and I realize that I've still got loads of time, but the longer I sit still, the easier it will be to simply settle. I don't want that.

10. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Zach Galifianakis still holds the title for best New Year's resolution: "This year my New Year's resolution was to stop saying "Seacrest out!" after I ejaculate."

Obtainable goals, people.

11. NoMames

NoMames
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Last year's resolution was to triple the number of girls I'd gotten to know biblically. My reasoning was that I was in a bit of a rut after getting out of a relationship with a girl. I had a blast this past year as a pussy slayer, but the thrill of the chase started to get monotonous. So my goal for 2010 is to not fuck up the relationship I'm in now, since I've got a good girl now who's a lot of fun. One of the biggest tests is going to be NYE when I'll be bartending and drunk, and she'll still be in South America.

12. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've resolved to buy a car that won't be in the shop every other week. I finally have a job where I make amazing money with short hours, so it's a definite possibility if I can stick with my second resolution to stop spending every penny I make. Beyond that, it's the typical quit smoking [two months and counting], lose weight, exercise more, increase my boob size list.

13. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1) Go to the gym more.

2) Stop posting my tits on the internet.

14. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

One of my main resolutions for 2009 was to cut down on drinking, and I successfully accomplished that. Wow.. actually accomplishing a resolution.

For 2010, my main resolution is to get a job, any job. Let's see if that works

15. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went to the doctor four or five months ago because my mother was on a tear and wouldn't let it go. So, to shut her up, I went. I found out not long after that my cholesterol level made my blood have the consistency of cold syrup.

So, I went on a diet. I actually did extremely well and managed to lower my cholesterol about 20 points in 3 months. (To slightly warmer syrup level.) Not surprisingly I looked and felt better, too. Of course, after I found out I had done something well, I proceeded to fuck it all up.

So the New Year will bring a salad eating Noland. Oatmeal in the morning, no red meat, nothing that comes from a pig (God help me, but I love pig meat.), and nothing fried.

Basically, I've resolved to be miserable and hungry.

16. amberisma

amberisma
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Me too. It's becoming a bigger issue as we speak. One would not think so as I've been able to maintain grades above 3.9 (no idea how) but I really need to chill out. I was drinking 5-6 nights a week at the end of last semester (also my hardest semester), and I'm no fucking light weight. This has not only caused relationship strains, but it is also not helping with my weight, which is difficult enough to maintain because I can't really work out right now due to my fucking knee. This leads to my next one, more of a goal than a resolution because I am not in complete control of how quickly my knee will be able to heal.

I want to be able to participate in Spike for Charity, which is a sand volleyball tournament held around St. Patrick's Day. I couldn't participate last year because of my knee surgery, and if I can't play again this year for the same reason, I might choke someone. I guess I could extend this to say that I just want my knee to be fucking better before the year gets even halfway over. If it takes two years to heal from a fucking relatively MINOR knee surgery, I will not be remotely pleased.

It's going to be a bitch to be able to stick with my first "goal", seeing as how it will be my last semester in college and I will be taking 13 credits of bullshit easy classes, St. Patrick's Day will be coming around, Dayton to Daytona (cannot wait!), trips to Hofbrauhaus, and no classes on Thursdays. Damnit, I need to do it though.

17. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

1. Go to class you lazy shit, you know damn well if you skip that first pointless class you aren't going in all day and will miss stuff that actually matters.

2. Keep lifting hard at the gym and do more cardio when I'm there. Can't lose to my little sister in the 5k we're running this summer.

18. Joe-Diddle

Joe-Diddle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My resolutions are to have atleast one MMA fight (looks to be set for April 10), one Muay Thai fight (still undecided) and be in Brazil by this time next year for 6 months of training.

19. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've got a few resolutions this year. Typically I don't make them, but I feel it is necessary this year.

1. Stop drinking so much. I've been a wino for the last week, and even managed to throw up at the bar on Christmas evening. How charming. Hard Liquor and Vicodin? Breakfast of champions. That shit needs to stop, and stop it shall.

2. Eat better. I'm getting older and my metabolism is starting to slow down. In the same vein, get back to working out, once I find a cheap place to do so in DC.

3. Shake this feeling I've had since the end of the semester. Winter blah's or whatever you want to call it, it's been ruining my winter break, and it's going to make working on my thesis much more difficult if it persists into the new semester.

4. Stop getting emotionally attached to unavailable women. I've been screwing myself over since October or November, and then wondering like a jackass what's been going wrong. There are too many beautiful women in DC to keep doing this shit to myself.

20. CBP

CBP
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Stop blowing oxy and chainsmoking on worknights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.