Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

New Radio Show Starring Philalawyer, Donika and Dr. Rob

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr. Rob, Mar 6, 2010.

1. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If anyone is aching to hear my thoughts and can't wait until I'm back on the show, you really need a hobby. But, if you are that bored, I've written a brief primer on the pick up community: <a class="postlink" href="http://bl1y.com/?p=856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bl1y.com/?p=856</a>

2. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

To answer the question of where I blog, I suddenly blog here in response: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/whattothink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.blogtalkradio.com/whattothink</a> (Scroll down, please.)

May or may not last. Despite my career choices, I'm anti-blogging. Though pro-yapping, so who knows what'll happen?

3. RedzPenguin

RedzPenguin
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

It's great that you guys seemed to have sorted out the sound issue and it obviously makes the show 10x better. I'd like to hear a bit more from Donika though because there seems to be times where its just a conversation between Dr. Rob and PL or PL ranting (which i love btw). Apart from that good job guys, and keep it up.

4. Dr. Rob

Dr. Rob
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Last time she spoke up, I beat her with a 4-iron (or 3-wood, I can't remember), but yes, we all want her involved as much as possible.

5. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You conveniently forget about my very heavy rolling pin against your skull. (For those not there, all these beatings were unimaginably respectful, collaborative, and good for the group's creativity [and sexy].) The most recent show is up on Dr. Rob's site. On PhilaLawyer's site in the AM. Count on an episode every Monday morning, and thanks for helping us along.

6. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm loving these shows. The audio was much better on this second one and the whole thing flowed much nicer. And I can't get enough of the PhilaLawyer rants. Seriously, the guy is fucking nuts. Listening to him yell and get worked up is like watching a controlled demolition of a Las Vegas hotel. There's a lot of shit going on, some of it ain't pretty, but it all works toward an awesome end result.

Keep up the good work guys. It's really entertaining stuff.

7. Dr. Rob

Dr. Rob
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Thank you, sir. PL is on a strict regimen of ranting/being put in Time Out; hopefully this style producing quality programming.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

PJ's rants are the best. I've read his blog, his stories have killed me. This rant was almost as amazing as his Commencement Speech which I use as my bible in how I act at work. Great radio show guys. BL1Y's part was really fucking awesome. This is awesome. Keep up the good work guys.

9. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Glad you liked it. PJ is freaking intense. It's hard to keep up listening to him, let alone trying to hold an intelligent conversation.

10. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Has anyone had problems downloading from iTunes? If so, could you describe the problem (doesn't show up in search, download error, etc.)? Thanks!

11. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

PL, not to be a fanboy or anything but you are the fucking man. As long as you are on this show I'll continue to share the link with my friends.

12. RedzPenguin

RedzPenguin
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I just got finished listening to the 3rd episode for the second time and I'm really loving it. The guest was really interesting and I'm excited to hear from Paul Shirley next week, good work in getting great guests Donika. As usual, PJ's rants were hilarious and insightful and it was really nice to hear more from Donika this week.

Rob, I fully understand why you didn't speak much. I guess politics isn't your arena, and I'm not sure I could be particularly talkative with 2 disbelievers in 'The World's Most Interesting Man". I know it doesn't take much to rile up PJ, but maybe he could pick something out each week that just really gets to him and he talks a bit about it in his 'timeout' section.

As usual, good job and keep it up.

13. Bread Mustache

Bread Mustache
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just listened to the 3rd episode as well and it was goddamn amazing. Even though it was almost 2 hours long, it still felt like there wasn't enough time for you guys to talk about everything.

and this tidbit is now my ringtone:

PJ: "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF YOU WENT TO BASKIN-ROBBINS FOR LUNCH!...you know?"
    Dr. Rob: "...They serve lunch there?"

holy crap I was almost spitting rum and coke out of my nose at that.
    Can't wait for next week's episode.

14. Dr. Rob

Dr. Rob
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Thank you very much for the praise. It's hard working with 2 people who don't understand the genius that is the Dos Equis man, but I'll convert them soon enough.

One thing I'm learning about doing a radio show is that it's important to pick your spots. With three and sometimes four people in a conversation, it's easy to jump in with something just to say you've contributed, but those who are passionate and on a roll should keep going. There will be plenty of chances to speak at length on topics I'm highly into (e.g., psychology, the Jets, Mila Kunis and other women who look like her), so it's all good.

15. Dr. Rob

Dr. Rob
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Thanks man. PJ is way too smart for this, but if could use the smallest piece of information to alter his trajectory and see where he rolls with it, I think that would make for some entertaining rants.

16. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

We shall see this week. Aware of of PJ's freakish intelligence, we plan to have some fun with it. Or I'll wind up broadcasting how stupid I am. Either way.

The guest last week (Jonathan Bernstein) was a real treat-- informative, composed, funny, and a great sport. I learned a lot from him, and was surprised how many people wrote asking if they could work for him, or if he'd adopt them.

17. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

18. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where's the new show with Chris Illuminati? :-(

19. Dr. Rob

Dr. Rob
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

New show with Chris is up:

http://shrinktalk.net/?page_id=811

You can also find it at Philalawyer.Net as well.

20. Bread Mustache

Bread Mustache
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I always love the discussions about "finding the things that nobody can take away from you". And even though Donika is irritated by my generation, it's always good to hear about people succeeding in doing what they love. It really inspires those of us who hope to do the same one day.
    Another great episode...but seriously, what's with all the evil villain music all of a sudden?