Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

New Radio Show Starring Philalawyer, Donika and Dr. Rob

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr. Rob, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I have been fortunate enough to work with PhilaLawyer, and it's worth the wait. He is top notch, as is Dr. Rob. It's been a while since I've seen any of Donika's work.

2. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The official debut is tonight. Tune in to <a class="postlink" href="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/whattothnk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.blogtalkradio.com/whattothnk</a> at 8 pm to catch me being predictably awkward and Rob and Phila being predictably awesome. All episodes will be archived and downloadable if the time doesn't work for you.

Our guest tonight is an internet dating expert, and we have some serious questions for her. We'll also be giving advice to a lovelorn e-mailer. Hopefully technology won't fail us.

3. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Hi! If any of you happened to listen last night, or are inclined to check out the archived version, we are interested in feedback, good or bad. We're all pretty much emotionless, so don't worry about hurting our feelings.

4. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Donika, the link above didn't work.

5. no use for a name

no use for a name
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I didn't get a chance to listen to everything, but the subject material and entertainment were good, but the audio quality was poor. Dr. Rob was in particular difficult to hear/understand.

6. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Hm, don't know how to edit the post, but this link should work: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/whattothink.

Dr. Rob was hard to hear or PhilaLawyer? PhilaLawyer sounded bad to us.

7. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dr. Rob was the clearest of you all. PL sounded like he was in a warehouse. Initially I got some weird idea that he was doing it to make his voice harder to pick out in order to keep his anonymity.

Still, he's funny as hell and talks just like he writes. Saying "fuck" and "tits" in front of his kid is what I'd expect from our favorite lawyer. You were all great, and I'm looking forward to future shows.

8. no use for a name

no use for a name
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Whoops, I meant philalawyer.

9. Donika

Donika
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Ha, I was this close to ordering him new equipment, but that could be a valuable side effect. Good point.

Anything else besides sound? Were we boring, annoying, meandering, overly silly, irrelevant? I know I said "um" too much. You must have more critiques.

10. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I had to nitpick, the only other thing that stood out for me was that sometimes two of you would begin to talk at once, and do the stop-start "okay no you go ahead" thing. PJ and Rob did it once or twice that I can remember, and I think there were a couple other instances. But given that (a) it was your first show together and (b) you aren't even in the same room like other radio hosts, it was seamless.

As far as being "overly silly" or "irrelevant," as long as you guys don't become Dingo and the Baby, you'll be fine. There were moments of randomness at times, particularly from PJ, but they still pertained to the larger issue.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I listened to the first hour because I had to head out after I started watching. I thought it was solid conversation. Things started shaky, but once the guest started in, everyone else locked in also. Definitely looking forward to future shows. Doing this in separate locations is going to be hard unless everyone is skyping also or something to learn facial patterns and cues. Just a random idea there.

This could have happened in the second hour, but I'm surprised no one brought up the "Friendzone" concept to this discussion with regards to the question. Maybe this guys female friends acted genuine and natural around him because they put him in the friendzone and don't feel like they need to impress him because they'll never touch him. I was waiting for someone to bring that up.

12. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It seemed like the women was being paid to mention 'match.com' or something. Why not mention plentyoffish.com? It's a free rival site that's pretty awesome. If it could afford to advertise as much as the others it would have a monopoly on the e-dating scene as it does everything the others do and is free.

Other than that, good show, looking forward to the next installment.

13. Dr. Rob

Dr. Rob
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think a lot of that was my/our doing. When setting up the interview, I specifically directed her to a post I wrote on Match, and the research that I quoted about lying on dating profiles was specifically about Match. "Match" has become somewhat of a catch-all term for dating sites that aren't specifically sex-based and I think we were using the term as such in many parts of the conversation.

I have a few clients who have mentioned Plenty of Fish and are also pleased with it. I think they used to advertise with Rudius.

14. Rabbit B.

Rabbit B.
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've been trying to listen to the second show and about 30 minutes in it breaks and out for the rest of the time.

15. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had the same trouble listening, it got really choppy, and Phila was tough to hear most of the time (there was an echo). But at least they had an awesome guest, for the little while he was on.

16. Dr. Rob

Dr. Rob
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think I speak for PL and Donika when I say we truly apologize. We thought we had the technical stuff worked out, but that wasn't the case. Blog Talk Radio didn't help much and seems fantastic at fucking us over while not giving much advice on fixing the problem, but we (and by "we" I mean Donika) will make this work. Thank you so much for your patience and we promise to bring a solid product to the table.

17. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BL1Y talking about his previous views of how women should be treated to get them interested.

Best moment of the night for me.

Definitely looking forward to the technical issues being resolved.

18. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jeez, I feel like a heathen for not listening to this yet. About to go check Da Intawebzz to see where I can find these recorded.

19. MajorLazer

MajorLazer
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Is the recording of the second episode available yet? I can't find it?

20. Dr. Rob

Dr. Rob
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The final product was essentially unintelligible, so we needed to pull it. We're definitely sorry about that, but we are going to hit on the good stuff from that episode again, so if you are interested in the Pick Up Artist and psychedelic drug stuff, it will be covered at some point.