Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

New job? Oh hell yeah!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carpenter, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Super unrealistic focus: I would love to be a professional trap shooter. Those guys make a lot of money, go around the country, and shoot at fast-moving objects for a living. Holy shit.

Focus: I really want to be an air traffic controller. I spent a few days up in the tower with my uncle, and there's just something amazing about being able to keep track of ten different planes all going at 120 miles per hour, getting them into a manageable pattern, and making them go where they need to go. When I tell this to people, they're like, "Are you crazy? That's one of the most stressful jobs ever! How can you sit there for hours looking at a radar console?"

I can, and I enjoyed it.

Anti-focus: Hard labor can be interesting, maybe even rewarding. It's at least mediocre. Picking cotton, on the other hand, is possibly the worst thing I have ever heard of. Sit in the hot sun, grabbing abrasive little bolls to get a zillionth of an ounce of fluff every time? No thanks.

2. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

3. dchavok

dchavok
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I just graduated with my BA and have been floating job to job for the past year or so, but I think I've found one of the best jobs for recent grads..

I took a job with my fraternity being a consultant for undergraduate chapters. You get paid to travel the nation, check out colleges you've never been before, and can schedule enough free time catch free football, basketball games, etc.

Its a lot of work helping these kids out and they tend to be dumb as fuck sometimes, but you can't pass up being 23, having nothing tying you down, and getting paid to travel the US and check out places you may have never gotten the chance to check out.

Dream Job: Own an NBA franchise. Nothing would be more fun than to be an owner and throw money around and gain popularity and even more money for having a personality like Cuban.

4. mbizzles

mbizzles
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Professional skier. Hands fucking down. Get paid to do something I love. Travel the world in pursuit of "never summer." That white powder under my skis is probably just as addicting at the white powder people shove up their noses. Plus, the guys are hot and in abundance (most ski towns have at least a 5 or 10 to 1 ratio of guys to girls). Gotta love those odds!

Right now, I'm just a ski bum of sorts. Working hard, playing hard and not putting my college degree to use at all. I tried that office job crap and decided it wasn't for me. Realistically, I hope to manage/own a bar someday.

5. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I grew up on a farm, so that sucked.

This summer I couldn't find a job (post university graduation) so I spent many weeks shovelling (what seemed like) fresh cow manure. That sucked.

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Remember the Best Job in the World contest?

For me, though, I would love to be a critic. Television, movies, music, literature... I don't currently write nearly enough to make it realistic, but I love the idea of getting paid to do what I love.

7. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I 've been wanting to relocate to Costa Rica for several years.

I want to buy one of those hotels or motels on the beach in Jaco. One that's beachfront on one side with a first floor cafe on the street. I would ride jetskis, mountain and road bikes, four wheeler and finally learn to fly my paraglider. Oh yea, and sometimes I would fish during the day.

At night, I would rent out my rooms by the hour to the plethora of hookers hanging out at the Beatle Bar down the street. And if they were hot? I would give them discounts for seconds. Or thirds....or fifths......tenths........nevermind, cuz that's just sick. On second thought, maybe I would just hook up with one of the local girls.

8. lerch

lerch
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I used to drive a zamboni which is a dream job of sorts.

Now that is on the resume im working toward my other dream job, Video Game Tester