Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

New Book SubForum

Discussion in 'Books' started by Nettdata, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So it seems that we have a few readers around here, so I've spun up a new sub-forum with a few thoughts on how it would work.

Post a new topic about a book you're reading to contain discussion within that single thread, rather than having the one big monster thread for everything.

We now have a "vote for the next official TiB book club selection" thread where you can suggest a new book, and everyone can vote on it.

We'll spin up a new thread for each "official" TiB selection for discussion.

It's a work in progress, but let's see how this goes.

Feel free to make suggestions in this thread about what you might like to see.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FYI, I've made Not The Bees! a mod of this subforum.

3. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You gave me a great idea in your rep which sort of reminded me of the education thread which was a "required reading" of sorts. I would love to see a sticky of required reading in one giant list along with a brief description next to each recommendation of why.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The "Book Club Selection" thread could almost be that, as I can't see anyone recommending a book that sucks.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two ideas:

One, can we have a nonfiction thread? I like reading (surprisingly), but there's a difference between recommending the Dresden Files to the millionth person and stuff like Guns, Germs and Steel.

Two, instead of a "required reading", how about a top five thread? We did this in grad school, because none of us had enough reading to do and it was pretty interesting.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Can you guys not create threads in this forum?

You should be able to, so feel free to fire up what you're talking about, see how it goes.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Kampf Trinker will be taking over the mini-mod duties of the Book Board.