Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Never Never Land

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ROC711, Jun 15, 2010.

1. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still watch Nickelodeon, eat Happy Meals, wear Hello Kitty pajama pants, and live with my parents. I'm 24 years old. Although, the last one has more to do with still being a student (working on my masters) than being a kid.

2. DAMAGGOT

DAMAGGOT
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Any movie made by pixar. I have seen Wall*E more than I would like to admit, and if it comes on starz or something you better believe it will be on.

3. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I cannot believe you putt Lilo and Stitch over The Jungle Book.

A couple glaring omissions in regards to classic Disney films I have to point out:

1973 version of Robin Hood (also with Phil Harris' awesome voice). By far my favorite imagining of Robin Hood.

1953 Peter Pan.

1961 101 Dalmatians!!!

Those films, along with many you mentioned, essentially raised me. I still love them so fucking much it's absurd.

4. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Holy shit. Almost forgot.

[​IMG]

Yeah. I still watch.

5. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm 25 and I'll still occasionally buy an Archie comic.

I saw Toy Story 3 this weekend with my girlfriend (aged 21) and two friends (ages 20 and 22) and LOVED it.

I wear my hats backwards all the time.

If I catch Babar the elephant on T.V. I'll usually watch five minutes of it before the girlfriend makes fun of me.

6. klky

klky
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Completely agree with the Disney/Pixar movies, but honestly, I think that's because great movies are great movies. Kid movies may omit certain things like sexuality or cursing, but, as some Disney and all Pixar movies show, that doesn't mean it has to be a lesser genre. Apart from Disney movies, I watch The Sandlot at least twice a month.

Agree with the boardgames. I love them all, from Guess Who to Scrabble (except for Monopoly, but that is probably because I am extraordinarily bad at Monopoly). I also love the older video games, especially Super Mario Bros. 2. My favorite thing about the Wii is that it lets you buy the older games, even though you also need to buy the older controllers.

Other underrated activities: water balloon fights; rereading kid books I loved when I was younger, like the Wayside School books by Louis Sachar; and I admit that I will occasionally build a pillow fort.

7. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The neighbors just bought a new refrigerator! I'm going to get the box before anyone else does!