Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Never Never Land

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ROC711, Jun 15, 2010.

1. JoshP

JoshP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RC Cars.

I have 2 RC cars and 1 helicopter.

I have 1 Nitro 1/8scale monster truck that does about 45mph and I have an electric 1/10 scale trophy truck that does about 65. The helicopter is a Blade CX2 it is fun for indoors and about 9" long.

2. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I steadfastedly reject society's definition of "maturity", "adulthood", and "grown-up" because it's full of shit. Everything people have described as being (arbitrarily) considered childish is fun, so being an adult means rejecting fun? Fuck that. Can you take care of yourself? Do you take responsibilty for your actions? Do you understand that you're not the center of the universe and act accordingly? Congratuations, you're an adult, even if it means you feel the need to break out your He-Mans every once in awhile.

Focus: Pretty much all of my pasttimes are considered childish. Videogames, board games, collectable card games, whatever. Hell I even have a pinball machine in my basement, which is awsome.

3. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Playing "doctor" with Suzie from across the street.

4. Satanicus336

Satanicus336
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Cartoons, Video games, and I can play with my kids and have fun. My wife who is a teacher can't do it. I also watch cartoons with my daughter and it doesn't get to me., but the wife hates it.

5. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, until some fucking halfwit breaks the plastic casing and you're forced to roll the dice like a chump.

FOCUS: I played a LOT of Scrabble growing up. It's a surprisingly adaptable game where you can come up with many house rules like "dirty words only", and things of that nature. I also had a Lego collection that put most others to shame. I used to bust my ass doing chores for my folks in order to save up my allowance to buy new sets, which were bloody expensive, but it was worth it for some of the things I was able to build by mixing and matching sets.

6. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Playing "You show me yours and I'll show you mine" and "I bet my tongue tastes better than yours does" with little Suzie from across the street.

She's 7. I'm reliving 1st grade. Quit fucking judging me.

Focus: I still color like it's going out of style. Granted I'm an art school student but that doesn't stop me from whipping out a knight slaying the shit out of some roided out spiked up nuclear blast spewing dragon. Or the occasional pony. (Girls dig ponies. Not so much dragons.)

7. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would say "comics", but I never read the goddamn things when I was a kid, considering them silly and beneath me.

I only started when I was 21 years old, and found them to be a lot of fun, being a media in-between books and movies. That is, they're faster to go through and often more exciting than books, but less so than movies. And they're deeper and more intelligent than movies, but less so than books.

Also, I never realized how many quality comics were made for an adult audience in mind. Comic books rock.

8. ROC711

ROC711
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My Friends and I still have a Techmo Super bowl tournament every year on the old nes. Arcade games at Dave and Busters is now a regular night out. I have just as many Cartoon Movies as regular ones.

I think Mini golf is one of the greatest early dates you can take a girl on, if she can’t enjoy me being a kid, goodbye. I love Water parks, Theme parks, Haunted houses, ghosts’ tours…

Last weekend I built a sandcastle at the beach.

9. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still last as long in bed as a fifteen year old.

10. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

In the past few months I've watched the following movies:

Up
    Toy Story
    Toy Story 2
    Horton Hears a Who
    Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
    And countless old Disney movies

And I was entertained by every single one of em. Up and Toy Story (2) are considered legitimately good movies by critics and wouldn't seem to out of the blue for an adult to see. But those last two really surprised me. I was laughing out loud at many instances in each***. I'll probably be at the theater on Friday night seeing Toy Story 3 opening night. And I actually recently made a 20" Ellie Badge mirror as a present.

Not to mention that I just torrented the entire series of Wonder Years and can't wait to get a chance to watch all of it.

I guess I just don't distinguish between adult and kids movies/TV. Only ones that are entertaining and ones that aren't.

"I mean, look, even Steve is throwing chocolate snowballs."

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For those board members who don't have them, one of the positives of having kids is that you get the chance to go back over everything you loved or missed as a kid. You just have to restrain the urge to shoulder your progeny aside when they're "doing it wrong".

12. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I constantly wear a baseball hat and I'm thirty four. I loved and still enjoy Harry Potter and the entire LOTR trilogy.

I think I act more like a teenager than a kid.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I Love the "Classic format" Disney movies, in this order:

1) Pinnochio
    2) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (You know what? This film is fucking cold and scary.)
    3) Bambi
    4) Fantasia
    5) The Fox and the Hound
    6) Lilo & Stitch
    7) The Jungle Book (Phil Harris has the coolest voice in history next to Don LaFontaine)
    8) The Rescuers
    9) Lady & the Tramp
    10) The Aristocats (another Phil Harris classic)

Also, Pixar is a revelation. I have liked every single movie they have released, they (unlike Dreamworks) have never made a weak film in any way. They are fast, smart, sweet and funny for both young and old.

I still find Road Runner cartoons hilarious.

Road Hockey is my ultimate Peter Pan syndrome. I will never outgrow it, and I encourage others to follow suit.

I still wear Chuck Taylors, and have been doing so for more than twenty years (no, I don't colour in the star circle anymore). They are the only running shoe I like, though the dickwad shit-stain hipsters are starting to ruin that for me.

14. Spoz

Spoz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Focus: Urban exploring.

Urban exploring consists of entering stormwater drains, breaking into construction sites and abandoned buildings, climbing cranes and bridges, and generally going places we're told not to go. Many urban explorers are also photographers like myself. An example of urban explorer photography in my city can be seen here: Sleepy City

I've only recently discovered the hobby and haven't yet embarked on any trips (due to university finals) but that will change in a couple weeks. I asked another photographer friend of mine if he would be interested in joining, and his response was, "maybe if I was still seventeen". Eh, fuck him. Besides, I need someone I can call to bail me out of a trespass charge.

15. grubes47

grubes47
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Besides the video games, comics, cartoons, and Disney movies (especially the Pixar ones) I love Disney World. I spend the better part of each year anticipating my trip and the other part reminiscing about past trips. It is the fun rides, the great food, and the awesome fireworks that make Disney great. As I write this I am laying in my hotel in Disney. This place will never get old, and I'll never outgrow it.

16. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Bitch, don't tell me I can't ride the pony. Take my $1 and let me ride the motherfucking pony!

I'm 22 and really have a ridiculous love of ponies.

17. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eating copious amounts of beans and sauerkraut and then soaking in the tub and playing "jacuzzi." That'll never get old.

18. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I own two arcade machines, one cocktail table style and the other a stand up machine with add on guns. I would love to add a car racing simulator but they are just too insanely expensive to ever justify.

19. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While Harry Potter was written for kids, LOTR was not. Not even close. As for the baseball hat, well, The Hair Club for Men can solve that problem.

Focus: Video games - I am fully aware that many games are marketed to adults in their 20s, and are not for kids. I'm including this on the list because I'm 20 years past the target demographic.

Macaroni and Cheese - This is true comfort food. If I had to choose between this and nicely done filet drizzled in butter, I'd be in a quandry.

The TiB - Jennitalia was sweet enough to point out that I'm the same age as her dad. I took this as a wake up call. Realizing that I'm twice as old as most of the folks on this board, I've cut back on my time here. Now I only post between naps and after cleaning my dentures.

20. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess this qualifies, too; I watched this cartoon yesterday, and thought it was cool.

While I haven't watched or read them in years, I think Tin Tin and Popeye were both pretty awesome as well.