Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Networking With Idiots

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by MooseKnuckle, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Brengsek

Brengsek
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Where David Hasselhoff is remembered for music, no
    Hi everyone.

A really good friend of mine is heading over to Bloomington, Indiana for an exchange semester. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not really "networking" I guess but I have 4 tickets to the Bon Jovi concert Sat April 10, 7:30 PM Dallas AAC that I need to get off my hands.

3. Wildcard Bitches

Wildcard Bitches
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Production Company Contacts

I'm a 3rd year college student and will be sending out my resume to practically every production company I can think of this weekend in hopes of getting an internship this summer. Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks, etc as well as less established companies, you get the picture. However, outside of sneaking into their buildings and borderline harassing the front desk so you can physically speak to some one, it's hard to be anything but another name in a giant stack of resumes. That's where knowing the right people becomes a major asset.

Basically, I'm just asking for any related contact info board members might be willing to share. I'm just looking for someone I can send an e-mail or give a phone call that might make me more than just another name on a resume.

4. BadBrains

BadBrains
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The wife and I will be in Dallas July 12th -16th. Any recommendations for restaurants, bars, or other activities? Never been to Dallas so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Austin was awesome, I hope Dallas is at least half as cool.

5. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I know we had quite a few players on the old board, so who here in the Dallas area likes to play 9 ball? Always looking for more people to shoot with.

6. Static

Static
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I know it's a long shot, but do any of y'all live in Juneau, Alaska? If so, wanna hit up Marlintini's or downtown this weekend?

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looking for contacts within Cisco Systems, preferably @ the Research Triangle Park office.

Anyone want to repay me for the many hours invested in the tech threads here and at RMMB?

Thanks.

8. Deepinit

Deepinit
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Toronto/GTA Musicians Needed for Charity Gala

The organization I volunteer for is ideally looking for a trio or a two-piece band to provide background music for our summer charity gala/silent auction in York Region. If you've got skills and are in need of some good karma by playing for a good cause PM me.

9. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For those fellow Australians living in Melbourne, any pointers for some good bars to hit up? Me and a couple of mates will be down from Sydney for the weekend. Friday night we're at the Anzac test (looking for a pub to go to after this), Saturday we're doing a pub crawl along Brunswick St in Fitzroy (was recommended to me) and Sunday will be paintball followed by drinking somewhere else. Safe to say we'll be fairly loose all weekend, so anything helpful would be great.

10. Marburg

Marburg
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Anyone have any good recommendations for an apartment in the Toledo, Ohio area? I will be there for 1 year doing an internship. I already have a couple of places on my "to visit" list but didn't know if anyone had any good solid recommendations.

11. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I will be in Atlanta the third week of June. In that week, I'll be staying with friends and my sister in law, plus taking the probation officer testing due to relocation in the near future.

Anyone that wants to tell me what places to avoid, good places to eat, cool hangouts, any pointers whatsoever, please do. I refuse to go into this move blind like I did when I moved to the PacNW.

Thanks in advance.

12. kl1985

kl1985
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm moving to Chicago. Anyone living there who is fun and normal, hit me up. Or feel free to suggest favorite restaurants/bars, etc.

13. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is a long shot, but anybody know anybody hiring for a 20year old student in Belfast with some retail and MS office experience?

Alternatively, I've got pretty good at building websites for people on a budget. Got a business or group and want a site made for it? I'll do it for a $100, don't pay till you're satisfied.

14. awhitegiver

awhitegiver
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Hi, long time lurker on here and the old rmmb. Anyway, I'm moving from NY to Los Angeles in July, so I'm looking for some answers to the following questions:

1) What are some good areas/areas to avoid when searching for apartments?
    2) What is your favorite LA bar/nightclub/concert venue and why?
    3) What kind of tips can you give me about the local music scene?
    4) Is there anything I must see or experience while driving across the country?
    5) Is anyone looking to hire a web developer?

Much appreciated!!

15. OpelGTMan

OpelGTMan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Anyone in the Colorado Springs area? I'm new to the area and looking for people to hang out with.

16. NotaPharmacist

NotaPharmacist
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hey, anyone know Savannah or Brunswick? I'm from the Northeast, but looking to move down South. Nice neighborhoods are good, and price (relatively speaking) isn't a constraint. Minimizing douchebaggery outside of my own is.

17. geigs

geigs
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Long shot even on the old board so probably a longer shot here- anyone in Dublin, Ireland, that wants to get beers in a few weeks PM me

18. Darkstone

Darkstone
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

3 things.

I am on going to be in Boston on June 19th for the American Craft Beer festival. If anyone wants to chill or has any recommendation for good places to go in Boston that would be awesome.

I am also going to be in Columbia, Missouri for a little bit in July so I am also looking for suggestions.

And finally, if anyone wants to grab drinks in Jersey, hit me up.

19. Justadude

Justadude
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm moving from Boulder, CO to St. Louis (Forest Park) for grad school in July and will have a few weeks to just blow away the time. Anybody have any advice or places I should visit on a mini-road trip (<8 hrs w/ camping nearby) ? I really don't know shit about the area, I applied for the school on a whim and didn't expect to get in so I've done fuck-all for research on the city.

20. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I might be heading to Chicago in a few months so I'm looking at hotels. We'll probably go to a Sox game and other than that we'll just want to hit up some bars and fuck around with whatever cool shit we can find in the area. I'm wondering if the union station area would be a good place to look for places to stay? I'm checking web sites and found a place or two in that area that I would book if I knew it was a decent location.

I mainly want close public transportation access (I'm sure that's easy to find) and, more importantly, I want to avoid muggers. Or at least not put myself in a shitty neighborhood since we'll be drinking a lot and walking around late at night.

Also, any tips on bars/restaurants/other shit to do would be appreciated. Thanks.