Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Networking With Idiots

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by MooseKnuckle, Oct 21, 2009.

1. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was wondering if anyone had any connection get pretty much any fulltime tech/IT or coding job in the Greater Toronto Area outside of generic helpdesk. Sick of being a sysop working weekends at a colo vacility and with my college grad weeks away, may as well get crackin`

Here's my resume for a handle on what I'd be looking for; not the best at resume writing unfortunatly but thats likely something more for me to talk to with helpers at school
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SC1Y9T8U

2. Billy Hoyle

Billy Hoyle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm going to be in Columbia, SC this weekend for the UF-USC game. Any recommendations for good food/bars? We're staying in downtown I think, if that makes a difference.

3. NotaPharmacist

NotaPharmacist
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I recently decided to go completely freelance and travel around the U.S. Part of it is because I'm young enough where I can; more of it is so I can figure out where I want to live next.

I grew up in Jersey, went to school in Florida and have spent time around the Eastern Seaboard for club sports, but I was looking for suggestions about places to check out in the following areas:

Colorado: Denver and Fort Collins
    Texas: Austin and Houston
    Georgia: Savannah
    New York: Albany and the Capital region.

If anyone knows of good places to get a feel for any of those areas, feel free to reply or hit me up with a PM. If you have suggestions about towns that are similar to those that I haven't thought of, I'd appreciate that, too. Thanks.

4. Mental

Mental
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I am driving across the country from Southern California to New York City to get back to school with a few friends. We are definitely stopping through Texas (SMU) and I was wondering what do I need to see driving across the USA?

5. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm in Miami, if anyone wants to get a beer, or knows any good spots period, let me know.

6. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm going to be in Austin January 10-13 for basically an all-day interview on the 11th. Right now my best efforts have not resulted in any additional interviews being lined up, so if that doesn't change then I'll be completely free after 4:00 on the 11th. Definitely let me know if you're in the area and want to get a drink or six, because I know virtually no in Austin even though I'm trying to move there in a month or two.

7. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone in NE Georgia? I'll be in Hartwell for a wedding the 8th - 10th. Never been there before but from what I hear, it's a map dot. I'm now going dateless and might need to have a backup plan if the beer/wine bar isn't getting it done.

8. karbin

karbin
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I go to school on the upper west side in NYC (114th/broadway) and live in a fraternity house with open couches if anyone is coming through and watns to get a beer etc, there's a good dive bar nearby.

9. trh2h

trh2h
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I live in DC and I'm interested in getting drinks with people beyond my normal group of friends. PM if you are in the same boat.

I'm also looking for any job leads if you work for a company that does missile/spacecraft propulsion. Thanks.

10. slippingaway

slippingaway
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm currently stuck in West Point, Mississippi for work. I'll be here for at least three shifts, each lasting 10 days. Probably more. Does anyone here know of some good restaurants/bars/anything fun in the area? After being here a day, we've already given up finding a good restaurant in West Point, and driven to Starkville for the last couple meals. Even the strip club with the giant chrome horse statue is starting to look good.

11. CougarChamp

CougarChamp
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm living in NYC now...I'm part of that whole "went to law school, passed the bar, can't find a job...realizing law school was an awful awful idea..." kind of thing. Anyways, this is more of a help me thing, but if anyone has an insights on a potential job here in the city that would be great.

Also, if anyone is interested in grabbing beers and partying, that's great too.

12. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I just got laid off from my finance (trading/portfolio analyst) position in NYC, if anyone knows of anyone hiring, please let me know.

13. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

DC

I just moved back to the USA and about to start my final semester in DC. Anyone who lives in the district and wants to grab a beer or see a Caps game, let me know.

I need friends here that aren't in law school.

14. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm probably going to work in Ann Arbor, MI this summer, if not for a long while. Please give me any and all info, things to do, where to live, eat, drink etc

15. Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

If anyone is looking for a mechanical engineering intern I'm your guy. I'll be a junior after this semester and I'm willing to work at whatever, wherever. PM me and I can shoot you a resume. Thanks

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Might as well ditto this except EE and Senior.

17. Ogee

Ogee
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Any Philly people around here?

I am west of the city and always looking for drinking buddies. Have an office down town right by city hall.

18. DrunkBilliken

DrunkBilliken
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Senior HIM student with a Business Administration minor graduating in May, looking for a job. Taking the RHIA exam in May as well. I'm currently in St. Louis, but will move pretty much anywhere.

PM me if you know of anything. Thanks

19. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    I'm looking into going to New Orleans in about 90 days. I'm also trying to hammer out some sort of evil scheme to hit up Barrie, Ontario somewhere in the not-so-distant future.

If you're anywhere near there and want to get totally blasted drunk let me know.

20. grubes47

grubes47
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Does anyone know of any places in the Pittsburgh area that are willing to take chemistry interns this summer to help with research or if anyone works in a hospital in the Pittsburgh area and knows who to contact in order to shadow doctors can you PM me.