Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Netflix Watch Instantly Gems

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Pap, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole season of Lillyhammer ( Steven Van Zandt ) is up on Netflix, watched a couple of episodes, starts slow but I am hoping it picks up.

2. AZAdrion

AZAdrion
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

I know that Netflix can not be streamed directly to WDTVLIVEChip issue but is it possible to use either Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center as an intermediary to send the content on to WDTVLIVE?

System: W7 Ultimate, 64 bit, WDTVLIVE with ethernet connection

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I gave Lillyhammer 4 episodes, it fucking blows, Netflix should stick to VOD. Original programming is not something it does well.

Its too bad Boxee doesn't have an app for Amazon VOD, I would cancel Netflix if it did. The selection on Netflix is really starting to suck, I find myself using torrents now more than ever.

5. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

According to Streaming Soon, Midnight Madness will start streaming on April Fools Day. I loved that movie as a kid and got it from Netflix back when I had them send me DVDs. Can't wait to watch it again!

6. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With a nominal amount of studying required this semester for a change, I've gotten to watch Supernatural from the beginning. I started watching it on TV during season 6 or 7, so it's been great to see it how it all began. We're 60 episodes into the first 100. Tongue-in-cheek horror. When the summer shitfest that is TV arrives, this is a pretty good go to. Check it out.

7. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The human centipede part 2 is out there. Rumor has it the guy creates a 12 segment long one

8. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Season 2 of Louie is now included in the series offering.

9. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The ESPN 30 for 30 are now available. There are quite a few very excellent ones...

10. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God Bless America is now on Netflix for those who didn't get it on demand.

11. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure if this has been posted but if you have an Amazon Prime account ($79/year) you get free video streaming similar to Netflix. And they have all of The West Wing episodes, Fringe, and a few others not on Netflix. I may do a West Wing binge this weekend if the weather is crappy.

12. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I've been catching up on Fringe lately. I have to say though, the interface isn't anywhere near that of Netflix. But it's still the better buy since it's cheaper and you get 2 day delivery included without the shitty $25 Super Saver minimum.

13. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would just like to announce that, thanks to Netflix, my children have now learned the truth: Lion Voltron is by FAR superior to that shitty vehicle Voltron.

There are tons of 80s cartoons on there for those who do not know, including He-Man, Robotech, and even Star Blazers from way, way, way back in the day.

14. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You forgot the best of all, GI Joe AND Transformers. Transformers: Beast Wars is on there too for anyone who watched that, although it kinda blows now.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned but X-Files is up as well. I watched episodes sporadically when I was young enough to be scared shitless by stuff like the Peacock family, but I decided to watch it start to finish as an adult and it's amazing how good of a show it actually was. Highly recommended for anyone who missed it or was too young the first time.

15. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been wanting to expose my kid to some of the cartoons I watched when I was young. There is a wide selection of NickToons on there. When she is younger, she will learn to appreciate Rugrats, and once she gets a bit older, we can watch Angry Beavers, Ahh! Real Monsters, and Rocko's Modern Life.

I just wish they had some Muppet Babies. Ahh nostalgia.

16. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My God, you grew up on the same cartoons as my kids.

Give me Rocky & Bullwinkle. Cold war political satire par excellence. Plus Fractured Fairy Tales and Mr. Peabody's interventions in history. Great stuff.

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

...my dad got me into Rocky & Bullwinkle. We used to watch it together, it was awesome. I still watch it on occasion, too.

I downloaded a bunch of Dora the Explorer and Blues Clues to my wife's iPad for their vacation. Apparently, as soon as she started either show, my 5 month old daughter became mesmerized and was completely into them. Unfortunately, I think this means more of those cartoons and less of mine.

18. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Season 2 of Sherlock is now on Netflix. Just finished the first episode, and it was awesome. Glad my boss is gone for the day, because I am going to finish the other two right now.

19. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like Pootie Tang finally became available on Instant Watch.
    It's ridiculous, but it has it's moments.

20. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Art of Flight: The Series. It's ten episodes about pro snowboarders shredding up both the Americas. Pretty awesome footage.