Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Netflix Watch Instantly Gems

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Pap, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The New Tron is available. I didn't see it in theaters...so I watched it while I was cooking today. Meh.

2. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I finally got to watch the final season of Friday Night Lights, which did not disappoint.

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking "Walking Dead" is available. Why would you talk about anything else?

4. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Because of this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988043/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988043/</a>

It's a movie where Ron Jeremy's penis detaches and goes around a ski resort killing people. It's downright criminal that it didn't take Best Picture back in 2008.

5. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not a huge Kevin Smith fan, but if anyone's looking for a new release on streaming, Red State is already there.

6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Pulling John Documentary about professional arm-wrestlers. One of the more entertaining docs. I've seen in a long time. Me and my roommate were literally yelling and cheering at the TV during certain parts.

7. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Frasier is up if you want to seem more intellectual.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I just noticed the entire x files series is up there, 2 out of the 4 scream movies, a bunch of dinosaur documentaries, as well as a number of war documentaries. There goes my me time for the next few weeks.

I will say though, I tried to watch Ken Burns' WW2 documentary and couldn't finish it. I just didn't care for how much of it focused on how people reacted back home. Seen it before and the war itself is much more interesting.

9. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I was surprised to find that Once Upon a Time in the West was on instant watch. Usually movies I get the urge to watch on a whim are DVD only.

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well this sucks, Spaceballs, Birth of a Nation, the Daniel Tosh and Jim Gaffigan specials and Bigger, Stronger, Faster are all set to expire on Instant at the end of the month.

11. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Please go watch American Pimp - it's a documentary about the "pimp subculture" and they interview pimps (real pimps by the way, not those fake jokers you might see on Jerry Springer) with names like Rosebudd ("My name is Rosebudd with two d's for a double dose of this pimpin'."), Bishop Don Magic Juan and Gorgeous Dre.

The quotes are excellent:

"Do you see these nails? I had nails, I sold these nails before I started pimpin too, I sold them to Revlon. Revlon bought my nails, they was like an inch long and I sold all 10 of them. They all used to grow like that because all I did was peel money and touch bitches. That’s all I did, talk shit and swallow spit all day long." (Rosebudd again, he was the best).

"Priests need nuns, doctors need nurses. So ho's need pimps." (it's not a lie)

"If a ho don't have no instruction, she's gonna be headed for self-destruction, nam sayin?."

Worth it.

12. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It probably won't last long since it's part of Starz Play, but Big Trouble in Little China is on instant now. Awesome movie if you've never seen it.

13. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

How this doesn't show up position #1 for everyone I have no clue, but the first 10 episodes of Archer are available online.

14. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are crap ton of Warren Miller documentaries out there now. If you are a fan of skiing, boarding, or if you don't understand the fuss about snow sports I highly suggest you check one out. It could just change your perception.

15. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just watched Kissing Jessica Stein on instant watch. For a chick flick, it was surprisingly good. It's possible I'm being biased based on the fact that some of the relationship hardships that happened in the movie, I've experienced in real life (heterosexual version). If nothing else, it probably as close to an actual real look at lesbian dating that you could pull off in a movie without it being some cut rate weird indie flick.
    7.5/10

16. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Senna

This is an amazing documentary about Aryton Senna. If you've ever enjoyed any form of motorsports you owe it to yourself to watch this.

17. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Game changer: Seasons 1-5 of the UK version of Shameless are now streaming. Drop whatever you are doing and catch up. If you haven't seen the show before, unfuck yourself and start with episode 1.

This is amazing since it was damn near impossible to watch anything past season 1 on any platform in the US until now.

18. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret was just added as well. David Cross and Will Arnett are hilarious in this show. New season starts Friday on IFC.

19. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For those who listen to the Ace podcasts, The Film Vault (which actually got canceled) is still (I feel) a funny and good resource for movies. A few weeks ago was top 5 instant streams. After listening I've watched 3 of the 10, and so far so good.

<a class="postlink" href="http://tfvpodcast.wordpress.com/honorable-mentions/top-5-instant-streams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tfvpodcast.wordpress.com/honorab ... t-streams/</a>

20. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Just added, along with Street Sharks. Just in time for a new semester... fuck

#160 awwwSNAP, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015