Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Netflix Watch Instantly Gems

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Pap, Feb 24, 2010.

1. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just got Netflix and love the watch it now feature. I don't think this has been listed yet but I really enjoyed the Documentary, The King of Kong. It is about the man who has held the Donkey Kong high score for like 25 years and an unemployed guy trying to beat his score. It doesn't sound interesting but I loved it. You have to watch just to see the guy who holds the score. You would think he is a movie star the way he acts.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heads up MO-FOs, The Jerk is going to start streaming on 5.14.10.

If you haven't seen it, see it.

3. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wrote about it here. Basically, the film is complete fabricated bullshit by producers desperate to cast a "good guy" and "bad guy", along with a bunch of "gaming freaks", since that's the only type of story they're intellectually capable enough to present.

If you're interested in documentaries about old-school arcades, check out Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade with the EXACT same people, including the main antagonist of KoK, except presented in a far more interesting, real, and genuine manner.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you are interested in the show Party Down, and don't feel like paying for Starz (which, to be honest, who does), the show is available on netflix instant as the episodes come out. Just found that out tonight, when I felt like rewatching the old episodes, and found season 2 (episode 1) available.

5. slippingaway

slippingaway
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was just going to post this up. I found it today, and it was weird, funny, raunchy, and dark. It was great.

6. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Moon: I see this one just got added last week. This was a very very good movie. For some reason the studios didn't pimp this one, but it was one of the best movies I've seen in the last couple years. Sam Rockwell basically is a one man movie, but he's awesome in it. It's sci-fi in the sense that it takes place on the moon, but it's more of a psychological drama. Check it out for sure.

7. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Second. Wife and I rented Moon a few weeks ago. Great movie and a great performance by Rockwell.

8. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Archer

Probably the best animated comedy on tv next to family guy and south park.

9. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The menu that features the movies sucks. You really have to browse through the online catalog and add to your instant que from there. The tv shows aren't bad though.

Right now I'm watching Heat with Robert Deniro and Al Pacino. Earlier I watched School Ties with Matt Damon

10. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

<a class="postlink" href="http://instantwatcher.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://instantwatcher.com/</a>

This site is great. I just discovered it today. I don't understand why Netflix hasn't either bought or stole the idea from them.

11. burned ice cube

burned ice cube
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was browsing through the netflix stuff last night and saw that the movie Oldboy was on there. It is a really good film, its Korean i believe so its dubbed over with English but it is a really awesome movie. Its ending is completly unexpected and its basically about a crazed dude who was jailed for 15 years without knowing why and his quest to figure out why, and fuck some peoples shit up in the process. It has one of my favorite fight scenes of all time as well. Linked in spoiler tags

#31 burned ice cube, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  12. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is an excellent place to see some stand-up comedy specials. John Pinette, Doug Stanhope, David Cross, and Sam Kinison all have specials there that are pretty enjoyable.

13. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Louis C.K. has some pretty funny specials on there also.

14. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In that vein, you have to watch the other two movies. Lady Vengeance, and No sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. Its a loose Trilogy of awesomeness.

#34 Sicnevol, May 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. TheQuilkyWay

TheQuilkyWay
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You can now Instantly watch "Up" and "District 9"; enjoy. As far as less popular movies, "The Machinist" with Christian Bale is pretty good, especially considering that he lost so much weight in between making the Batman movies to do it.

16. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

All of the seasons of the X-Files are now available. Enjoy.

17. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Machinist (very good movie) was actually filmed before Batman Begins.

18. TheQuilkyWay

TheQuilkyWay
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid is now available, if you've never seen it before, watch it now; if you have, watch it again.

19. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

Sin Nombre
    From Netflix: Fleeing retaliation from the violent Central American street gang he has deserted, young hood Casper (Édgar Flores) boards a northbound train, where he takes refuge on top of the moving freight cars and hopes for a fresh start in a new country. Dodging authorities and other dangers, he finds a new friend in Sayra (Paulina Gaitan), a Honduran girl also making a run for the American border. Cary Fukunaga directs this foreign-language thriller.

I really enjoyed this movie, and I typically don't like foreign films. I loved the character development, and just about everything else about this movie except the pesky subtitles, which are to be expected with a foreign film.

5/5

20. TCV

TCV
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I just found one called The Billabong Odyssey. It is a surf documentary about trying to find the biggest waves possible, and it really made me wish I didn't live in the mountains.