Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NERD FIGHT!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Aug 6, 2010.

1. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The one that has annoyed me the most is pirates versus ninjas in any kind of one-on-one combat.

Yeah, if there were a group of ninjas on a ship, I'm pretty sure the pirates would kill them easily. But one on one? On land? The ninja was a highly trained professional killer. Pirates were overweight, in piss-poor shape, suffered from scurvy, and most were inferior to a regular navy crew member in shooting small arms or hand-to-hand fighting.

If LessTalkMoreStab ever sees this, he is going to have a field day with this; you couldn't be more wrong.

I mean, have you seen the armor that Western knights used versus the ones that Japanese samurai did?

There was very little iron in Japan, so most of the samurai armor is wood covered with lacquer. A Western knight will either stab or slice through that like confetti. Meanwhile, the samurai, with his flimsier, smaller sword, wouldn't so much as put a dent into the knight's armor, some of which could withstand FREAKING BULLETS.

I agree that the samurai probably had superior bushido and knowledge of fighting, but when it comes to their armor and weaponry, it's not even a fucking contest. The Western knight crushes the Japanese samurai like a freaking bug, no matter how much I may love Japanese samurai films.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Godzilla would stomp King Kong flatter than a cheap fucking pizza. One of is ten times the size of the other and breathes nuclear fire. Do the math.

And that shit about the lions, it's all about environment. Air drop him into Anarctica, and a penguin will braid his hair and make him his bitch. I vote for the polar bear as the most dangerous land animal killing machine (I vote The Great White or those mutant super-sharks that ate Samuel L. for the sea).

Star Trek fans, I gave up on you a long time ago. You can only help yourselves, and it isn't working.

3. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoever put the time and effort into caring for that terribly awkward creature must have shit their pants when they discovered it turned into a Gyrados.

4. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

mmm, gyros

[​IMG]

EDIT: Man, doesn't that beaut look like it is floating?

5. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going the throw my hat in with the samurai. Sure, they've got less armour, but they're more mobile. The added mobility also allows for speed. And I'd give the samurai the nod in the weapons department.

In a toe to toe fight, I'd give it to the knight. But samurai weren't stupid. If I saw a big, highly armoured tank in front of me, I wouldn't stand and trade blows. I'd be circling, keeping out of range, using their limited visibility through their helms and aiming at the lightly armoured joints.

Take out the backs of the knees and the knight is in real trouble.

Plus, I've seen a katana go through a German WWII helmet. True, it was in the hands of an exceptional swordsman, but don't discount the blade.

6. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There comes a point in all internet arguments where it is like running in the Special Olympics.

Even if you win , you're still retarded.

7. Deepinit

Deepinit
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Oh hellz no!

Based on my experience Sir, I have to respectfully disagree with you. Yes it is true that Ginger is the hotter of the two based on physical looks. However beyond that she has nothing to contribute to the class. Ginger is a starlet who's been prissed and pampered for an undisclosed amount of time and has no sense of the world besides rainbows and lollipops and flashing bulbs of the paparazzi.

Mary-Ann may be a little more homely, but she's a lot more down to earth. She's the one who your mother would love to have as a daughter-in-law and what's more, she understands that life has ups and downs. You try coming home and telling Ginger that y'all aren't gonna be able to make the mortgage this month and see how long she sticks by your side. Mary-Ann would be the one making recommendations that you two sit down and review your budget and see what the two of you both can afford to sacrifice. Ginger wouldn't think twice about charging up your Mastercard because after all, "it's not money, it's credit *teehee!* And when the money runs out she'd use her looks to find some other schmuck who could afford her lifestyle.

In respect to the bedroom, Ginger obviously has a lot of willing suitors. And she probably blew a producer or two to get where she is. She very likely has a jaded view on sex and just lies there.

Mary-Ann, she doesn't have as many guys running after her. Maybe she didn't even have a date to her prom because she was going through that awkward ugly duckling stage as a teenager. But when she finds a guy she likes she likes to shed that innocent girl next door look and let her whims carry her. You ever been with a girl who tells you to "fuck your dirty little whore"? Yeah. You think about that.

Lady in the street, freak in the bed. Mary-Ann wins. Every. Single. Time.

In other news:
    Who the greatest sports dynasty was of all time across ALL sports?

Sports pundits tend to address this question to kill time between the end of the Stanley Cup playoffs and the NFL preseason when there's nothing else to talk about but baseball. I fucking hate this debate because you cannot compete. The 3-peat Bulls cannot be pit against 80's 49ers. The conversation cannot happen unless you stick to one fucking sport. period.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or atleast a time period.

9. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fuck? Clearly Raichu was the best.

10. Facepalm

Facepalm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

How the fuck has this thread made it to 4 pages without mentioning one of the greatest nerd fights of all time?

[​IMG]

I'm ashamed of all of you.

11. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

Bitch, please.

12. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bitch, please.[/quote]

It looks like he's pooping, and then standing in his own poop as he furiously grunts and poops more.

13. archer

archer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Im gonna go with the Samurai as well, as with you mainly due to the mobility/speed factor. The knight just wouldn't be able to keep up and with his incredibly poor field of vision due to the full face helm the Samurai could easily get behind him and get to the weak points of the knights armour and deliver crippling or killing blows

Deadliest Warrior did a Viking vs Samurai and while the Viking didn't have Plate armour its probably the closest example i can think of. i.e. Heavy Armour and Weapons vs Light Armour and Weapons. The samurai won but it was pretty close and i think you'd see much the same outcome if it was Knight v Samurai

14. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This just shows you both lack the ability to think critically.

If being lightly armoured gave ANY fucking advantage over being heavily armoured why would heavy armour been universally taken up by anyone who could afford it?

A well made suit of plate armour could weigh as little as 45 pounds, with the weight evenly distributed across your body, how much would that slow you down once you got used to it? Not fucking much.

If short cutting swords had any effectiveness against armour, why did we see them being phased out in knightly combat in the 15th century and replaced with percussion weapons? They were not effective against plate armour that’s fucking why.

If a Samurai and a Knight were stripped of all armour and given a comparable weapons, the outcome would be down to who was the best man, it could go either way. Given the ability to kit up with their traditional armour and arsenal the Samurai would be toast.

This hardon people have for Samurai is pretty fucking stupid and is based more on pop culture than fact.

15. archer

archer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Fair point however that's not really whats being argued... of course heavy armour is better than light armour in terms of the protection it offers. The question is could a Samurai defeat a Knight in a one on one battle... The knight is better protected but slower and i believe the extra speed and mobility of the Samurai offers an edge that counters the better protection.
    Yes its 45 pounds or so but it will still have an effect on his speed and mobility, thus my belief that the Samurai would have a slight edge against a single Knight... in a battlefield situation i have no doubt an army of Samurai would get their shit fucked up by an equal sized army of Knights.
    Again a fair point but not whats being argued.. the question is can a Samurai defeat a Knight with their traditional weapons and armour. Plate armour has its weak points around the joints and i believe a Katana (which was both a stabbing and cutting weapon) would be ideal for exploiting these weak points. It would do sweet fuck all trying to cut through the Plate armour but why the fuck would the Samurai try and do that? He'd go for the obvious weak points not the strongest area.

16. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did none of you see this dude attempt to fight? He sucked, a lot.

[​IMG]

I'm considering buying the toy though as I'm a huge Python fan. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.toymania.com/columns/spotlight/ssmpblackknight.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.toymania.com/columns/spotlig ... ight.shtml</a>

19. archer

archer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Actually you will find there is such a thing: <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plated_mail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plated_mail</a>

Its effectively chain mail with embedded plate armour pieces.

20. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed