Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NCAA Football October

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by zyang31, Oct 20, 2009.

1. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was at the game (unfortunately sitting in the ND section) sitting in the upper deck on the goal line, same corner that Toby ran it in. I was a bit surprised with them doing that as well, esp with how many minutes each of their drives had been taking before. From my perspective, it looked like ND just allowed Toby to run it in unimpeded, which I was thinking was not a bad strategy for ND...get the ball back with as much time as possible. When I saw the highlights later, I realized that Toby just blew by his defender. I am not sure why they didn't want to eat up more clock, Whittaker has been pretty good and Clausen was being very efficient in moving the ball down fast. I was pretty nervous on that last drive.

Nevertheless, a great game. I was saying before hand that if he got three tds, and rushed for at least 200, that should be enough to get him the heisman. He did that plus the throwing TD, yet I still think the media will do the obvious media thing and McCoy or Tebow will get it.

2. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Iowa is Orange Bowl bound, and I'm just ecstatic that they didn't get screwed by having Penn State getting in over them. Hopefully the result turns out better this time around.
    I think Alabama is going to ruin Texas, but otherwise, I think all the games should be pretty competitive. The Boise State - TCU game is going to be nuts.

3. atm1892

atm1892
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Not including Iowa fans, does anyone actually want to watch them play? I'd rather watch baseball or paint dry.

4. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Great comment on the BCS pairing Boise and TCU.

Andy Staples at SI tweet about the Fiesta Bowl

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was ecstatic that TCU and Boise State both got selected to play in BCS Bowls. I was less than happy to find they were paired against each other. Is this supposed to be the WAC championship game? ( For those too young, the Mountain West Conference and the WAC used to be one huge 16 team conference).

I am thinking that the BCS feels they cannot afford to have a MWC or WAC team beat up an SEC or Big 12 team again which of course is what would happen. (in my opinion)

Why did they not pair as follows?

1 vs 2 Alabama vs Texas
    3 vs 4 Cincinnati vs TCU
    5 vs 6 Florida vs Boise State

As much as I would like to think Boise could beat TCU. I think TCU is the best team in the country. Boise will throw the book at them though and give em hell for 3 quarters like last year.

6. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So no matter what, we're going to have at least two undefeated teams this year, maybe three? And you can bet your ass no one's going to share. It'll be either Alabama or Texas, and no one else.

That kinda sucks. I was hoping Texas would lose to Nebraska so we could maybe, finally have an actual winner in the championship game this year instead of an arbitrary one like always.

BTW, I hate the man, but Nick Saban's interview with the college football primetime guys was pretty good. How he kept turning the interview back on them, downplaying their whole david vs. goliath pandering and respecting Texas as a legitimate team for the championship was a nice display of control for a head coach in his position. Dude's a greedy bastard, and I still hate him for leaving Michigan State (like, ten years ago), but you gotta hand it to him sometimes.