Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NCAA Football October

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by zyang31, Oct 20, 2009.

1. zyang31

zyang31
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

2. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boise St has moved up to #4 in the BCS polls so they should be in the title game if Texas loses. Oregon playing so well has gone a long way towards earning them respect.

As well as Iowa has been playing I don't really like their chances of winning out. They could easily get beat by Michigan St (one of the more underrated teams) or drop one to Ohio St near the end of the season. If they can manage only one loss they should still be in a BCS bowl game though.

In all honesty I've been unimpressed with the quality of play from teams this season. Florida and Alabama stand out above everyone else, but their offenses need a lot of work.

I think it's time for people to stop talking about McCoy as a leading candidate for the heisman. Other than his completion percentage his numbers just aren't very good. Plus, I'd actually argue that they make him look better than he's really played. I saw at least three dropped interceptions by Oklahoma last week. I realize it's common for QBs to get away with this, but he's made some really bad decisions. He's lucky the longhorns are still undefeated. If Bradford wasn't so fragile I'm almost certain they would have lost that game.

4. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Not sure about that. Even if Boise State wins outright, they will probably drop in the human and computer polls based on the remaining strength of schedule. If USC wins the rest of its season (which would include beating Oregon), they jump Boise State.

5. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

In defense of Iowa, I did read an article that said they've played the 9th toughest schedule so far this season (I'd link it, but I can't find it on ESPN.com anymore, I read it yesterday if anyone else saw it). If they are able to win out, I would expect Iowa to rise in the polls and in the BCS. However, even with as much of a homer as I am, even I am willing to admit that Iowa winning out is a big if. With away games left at Michigan State and Ohio State, that will be tough, and they close the season at home against Minnesota, who would love nothing more than to ruin a possible championship game berth by beating Iowa in Kinnick. But if they do win out they have to garner some consideration if two of Texas, Alabama, or Florida end up losing a game. In my opinion, while there are major conference teams who are undefeated, then teams with a loss don't deserve to be in the conversation.
    I will also admit that Texas, Florida, and Bama all look like better teams than Iowa. If things were to play out as I hope (with Iowa in the championship game), I would be nervous about the outcome of the game. The one thing Iowa has going for them that Ohio State doesn't is Iowa has played SEC teams in bowl games several times over the past 9 years,I think 5 of 8 games, and they have a 4-1 record against those SEC teams. I could see it being a situation like the 2002 Championship game where no one gave Ohio State a chance against Miami, but Ohio State ended up winning.
    On a personal level, I'm just happy that Iowa is in the conversation this late in the year. Usually there is that one stumble at the beginning of the season that costs any chance at this talk. If Iowa does make, I'll be in Pasadena for the game even if I'm sleeping in my Jeep and sitting in the nosebleeds.

6. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's like saying the hole in the Titanic would just buff out.

Mark Ingram is a fucking workhorse, but man, McElroy just plain sucks donkey cock. No other way to describe it.

7. Er yan

Er yan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

8. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I honestly think Cincinnati could be the real deal. The offense has been huge, as expected, but it's the defense being strong that's leading to a lot of their success. Pike's injury doesn't sound very bad and they have two easy games coming up before he has to be back in form against UConn.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They did exactly what they needed to against South Florida. They completely dominated the second half. If I was them I'd hope West Virginia doesn't drop another game before they face them. It'll look that much better with another win then.

With regards to Iowa there's no way a one loss USC/Texas team would get into the title in front of them due to their conference. If they're both undefeated Cincinatti might go ahead of them though. Wouldn't it be funny if Bama, Florida, and Texas all lost and we had a Iowa/Cincy title game? Heh.

10. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yay, I didn't lose a place to bitch about Stanzi.

But seriously I'll think about BCS Bowls, or a possible title shot after the OSU game. Right now I'm just hoping for a Big Ten Title. MSU was horribly overrated to start the season, but they bombed so badly in early season that Kampf Trinker might not be wrong in calling them underrated at this point. @OSU is obviously a huge hurdle for them and given Iowa's recent history (including UNI and Ark St. this year) I can't even feel confident in the Indiana, Lolpher or especially Northwestern.

However the season has been successful beyond my wildest dreams so far and that pass D is awesome.

I give you, that hall of bitchmade
    [​IMG]

via http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/

11. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

During the College Gameday pregame show Lee Corso said Arkansas "blew their wad".
    Then during the OSU-Minn game Bob Griese asked where Juan Pablo Montoya was in the Nascar Standings, then followed it up with "He's probably eating a taco". Then he apologized after the game. These old guys are crazy.

12. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How about Lou Holtz? What the fuck is this guy doing as a commentator, especially when it comes to anything Notre Dame related? He has guaranteed a Notre Dame victory no matter who they are playing. It's actually painful to watch.

I'm also really tired of the talking heads who claim Tebow is basically guaranteed to win the Heisman. There were a couple of decent guys who put up his stats and said, "What is it this year, give the Heisman to a guy as a "lifetime achievement award"?" Yeah, he's good, yeah, Florida is playing well, but is he really hands down the best college football player in the country? Not this year.

The Bama-Tennessee game is also painful for me to watch. McElroy is still sucking donkey cock, and Mark Ingram is not very effective. I don't know if he's tired from carrying the entire team last week, but even though he's pushing 100 yards, he's not beating these guys into submission.

The defense is still awesome, but with an offense like this, it's going to be tough.

13. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mt. Cody blocks two FGs and saves the game for the Tide. That was awesome.

14. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The ND homerism I can almost forgive. What blows my mind every time I see him on air is that someone with a lisp that heavy got a job as a talking head.

15. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tebow throws a 100 yard pick-6. There is a God, and apparently he isn't Tim Tebow, despite what the announcers want you to think.

16. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

psshhh what kind of contender needs to block 2 FGs to beat an unranked team

/Iowa fan.

17. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No shit. See my previous post about the Bama offense sucking cock. I don't know how they can possibly win a championship like that. Luckily they have a bye next weekend, maybe they can have someone remove McElroy's head from his ass.

18. shake n bake

shake n bake
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Holy shit, after that last two minutes I'm not going to even jokingly talk shit* before a game is over.

8-0, but they never make it easy.

*=Iowa needed back to back blocked FGs in the final 7 seconds to beat FCS UNI in their opener, realized the above post looks retarded to anyone that doesn't know that.

19. BeatYourKids

BeatYourKids
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I have to give Florida credit for their work effort. They've been trying really hard to lose games. Too bad those pesky refs keep thwarting them.

20. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First, it feels good to be a Pitt Panthers fan this year. That win against USF was fucking solid. Dion Lewis is the kind of playmaker they've lacked since Fitzgerald left, and he's only a freshman. Meanwhile the defense is playing pretty fast and aggressive, leading the country in sacks.

It seems like the Big East is going to come down to Pitt, Cincinnati, and WVU. WVU has the hardest remaining schedule as they have to face 5 more Big East teams while Pitt only has Syracuse, WVU and Cincinnati, making theirs the easiest. I see it coming down to the final game of the season between Pitt and Cincinnati then.

My Illini friend showed me this today:
    Zook to Return as Illini Coach
    Are they serious? The AD has to either be lying or just making up stuff because he was cornered. This is Zook's fifth year at Illinois and he's been leeching off a Rose Bowl hate-fucking from 2 years ago. He's had supposedly great recruiting classes and done nothing with that talent.