Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

NCAA Basketball 09/10

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Diablo, Nov 13, 2009.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This wouldn't change anything. Kentucky fans are blinded by their own over the top homerism. They think because they have the most championships because they won a bunch in the 40s and 50s, they are automatically qualified to look down their nose on everyone else. Tucker and UK fans would just respond by mocking any team that hasn't been #1 this year or say they have the best team anyways, we'll show it in March. I honestly read people saying that they only true legendary programs are UK, KU, and UNC. The posters were arguing that consistent success and championships are they only true factors so they disqualified UCLA, Indiana, Duke, and others because they had "down" periods. Its just ridiculous. The same fans argued that UCLA only has been good for a decade which is not legit cause Sam Gilbert "paid" all the players, as their current coach has had wins taken away at his 2 previous schools. Better luck arguing with a horse than any other resident of Lexington.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ask for two things on any given day.

1) Georgetown wins.
    2) Duke loses.

If those two happen, the world can go to shit, and I'll still be a happy little fucker. Seriously, dependent on 1 and 2, the Rapture and apocalypse wouldn't perturb me.

Today, Georgetown beat Duke. Easily. Handily.

I pretty sure that at some point in the second half, I came.

Hoya Saxa.

Now if only the referees hadn't handed a game on a silver platter to West Virginia. It's bad enough when I, a Celtics fan, am forced to cheer for Rick Pitino. But when I do it AND get fucked by referees? Not cool.

The Big East has an embarrassment of riches once again this year. Three top 10 teams, 5 top 25. Add in a few bubble teams (ND, LV, Marquette).

The BEast is a beast, like usual.

3. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Add UConn to the bubble teams list following another loss today. I hope Calhoun comes back soon because they are melting at the end of games.

4. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What a weekend! Baylor beat Texas, Duke got trounced, Zaga lost in OT, UCONN lost by a bucket. Jesus, this season is so much fun to watch. Let's see what today has in store for the mid-ranked teams.
    On another note, MSU won yet again!! 9-0 in the conference bitches. Pull off the W's at Wisconsin and Indy and this season is in the bag!!

5. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great fucking game.

The story of the game, for me, was two things:
    1) Whenever Chris Wright gets off to a hot start, we win.
    2) Hollis Thompson is really stepping up. Hit a couple of big threes, a couple of boards and a huge block or two. For a freshman he's pretty damn good.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's been tolerable. He made a really, really, really dumb freshman mistake at the end of the Villanova game, and he has a lot of room to grow.

He looks good because the rest of the bench is fucking abysmal. Georgetown is in the bottom 5% or so in bench scoring, for all Division I teams. They've been forced to give Thompson more playing time than he deserves due to lack of other options.

7. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're getting raped by the Badgers at half...I really hope Izzo lights a fucking bonfire under our guys and gets them moving, shooting three's, and GUARDING THEIR FUCKING MAN!!! Jesus, seriously, they got 5 three's in the first 8 min? What the hell!? Not happening any more.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wisconsin took so many bullshit shots in the second half and MSU couldn't capitalize. I hope Lucas isn't badly hurt. That effectively ended the game, but I would hate to see him miss serious time.

9. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah it really sucks for him, he was our top man. Bad luck happens though, so I'm just gonna take it for what it is and hope that he heals up quickly.

10. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We bounced back. Still top of the Big 10. We should be able to take out OSU at home this weekend, but Purdue at Purdue is gonna suck.
    On another note, Syracuse, Nova, and Gtown all got beat. Interesting head up to March.

11. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was happy to see that Nova only dropped one slot after getting crushed by Cuse. I can only hope the Big East doesn't beat itself senseless for the rest of the season and in the BE tourny, If Nova get's a four seed it would be awful.

By the way ACC stinks, Duke is playing good ball but there division blows this year. I think VA tech is better than Maryland.

HUGE game for Nova playing WVU, I think the cats can bring it home.

12. carl24

carl24
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was surprised to see that Joe Lundradi STILL has Uconn as a 12 seed after two straight losses and a 17-13 record.

So now they must beat S. Florida to maintain this and take at least the first round game. If they take two in the BET, maybe they can nab an 11 seed..

13. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Big east baby, much love.

14. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just saw a bracket forecast and Nova was still a two seed. I was shocked considering they just lost to WVU. This prediction was considering Cuse winning the Big East tourny as well. Should be an interesting tournament!

15. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well now they're fucked. I would have had them making it with a win today and a decent showing against Marquette, but a 22 point loss to St. Johns pretty much seals it.

Assuming Marquette gets by St. Johns, their rematch with Nova should be a damn good game considering they lost both games this season by a combined 4 points. And both were within the first week of conference play, which is unbelievably stupid scheduling of you ask me. Both teams have been going in opposite directions over the past few weeks and Nova's got a lot on the line. After the debacle up at the Dome a few weeks ago, I'm really hoping for another shot at Syracuse in the semis.

Right on. But any day UConn loses is a good day.

16. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly, I am almost glad this season is over for UConn. It was so frustrating to watch them this year. They could beat anybody, or lose to anybody. Lost to Kentucky in the last seconds because of John Wall, lost to Syracuse in the last seconds because the ref, beat #1 Texas at the time, beat Villanova, beat West Virginia. Then they would come out and lose to really shitty teams.

All I hope is that Calhoun does not retire. I don't think he would want to go out like this but you never know with his health.

17. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Villanova losing to Marquette? Cuse losing? If G-Town wins the Big East Tourny don't be surprised to see them as a 3 seed.

Crazy shit.................

18. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nobody is loving this turnaround more than me. It's been said time and again, when the Hoyas are on we can beat any team in the country. We've been fucking on the past three games. We just handed Marquette their asses and we're headed to the Big East championship.

Reading the comments over at Casual Hoya, something dawned on me. We've basically jumped a seed for every win we've had in this tournament. We were a fifth seed before we won today. Now we're a projected 4, and if we beat Notre Dame or WVU for the Big East title we'll likely get a 3 seed going into the tourney. Not too shabby for a team that crashed and burned to a first-round NIT loss last year, and dropped from being ranked seventh to 22nd late this season.

The only problem is, the better Monroe plays, the more likely he jumps to the NBA next year.

19. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sunnova bitch. Losing to an unranked nothing team in the Big 10 championship. Gimme a fucking break!! If Mich St plays like this during the the tournament, jesus...they better not.

20. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is a day late

but Evan Turner can burn in hell.

#60 Tom Ato, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015