Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Name thy spawn!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, May 18, 2011.

1. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Yeah, don't go by Dick if you plan to fuck an entire country. Or, do go by Dick, because, you know, you fucking can.

I'd also like to add Mary Kate to the list. I know one who's really nice, but damn, is that a terrible name. Drugs are bad, m'kay?

2. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have more than a handful of friends named James, some of them go by Jim but damn it if it doesn't make explaining which Jim is which while trying to tell a story or something of the like.

My sister has a very unique name: Kallen She gets complimented on it a lot, while I got stuck with the more common place first name.

My girlfriend's name is Rebecca, but goes by Becca which I actually like more. For some odd reason I've seemed to attract/bed girls named Sarah over the years. Surprisingly, they all have been somewhat normal.

Tiffany's of the world- Avoid at all costs, gentleman.

3. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My wife teaches at the poorest school in the county, the name the tops the stupid list-

Bryleunce

4. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Vicki is a bitch. ALWAYS. And she always seems to overestimate her power to control your life.

All the Roxannes I've ever met have been nice older women who love to have polite conversations. Excepting myself, of course.

5. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was a guy around here with the name Dick Weenas. If I remember correctly, he was a realtor and his name was on lots of signs.

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I have to second the idea of not spelling your children's names in a "unique" fashion. My cousin named her daughter Isabelle. But she spelled it "Izzabelle." Nicely done. It screams, "my mother was young and uneducated" to the entire world. Plus, she'll never have it spelled correctly anywhere that she goes. It's sad, because on its own Isabelle is a nice, normal name.

Any name should pass the supreme court justice test. If you can't precede it by "Supreme Court Justice" and have it sound good, then it's unacceptable. "Supreme Court Justice John Smith" works fine. "Supreme Court Justice D'Brikashaw Jones" does not.

7. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A woman I worked with had a 16 year old daughter who got knocked up and kept the kid.

Named her "Madison".

Except she spelled it "Maddiesyne".

I bit my tongue and did not say, "So, which strip club will she be working at when she's 18?", but that was my immediate thought. Madison = Bitchy stripper. Maddiesyne = slutty whore stripper.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's official: Chad is the most hated name in the English language, along with apparently any other name.

If I have another, I'm calling my next kid "Turbo" whether it's a boy or girl. Hello, In Crowd!!!

Madison= The name of every girl born in North America in the last 17 years. Seriously, that fucking name is probably more popular than Jennifer or Kim now. My daughter has a similar name, we call her Madi (or Monkey usually).

9. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

One of my friends named his son Skywalker Cruise ______. They live in rural NC, so I'm not sure if he'll be beat up by a bunch of redneck children or not go to school at all.

In college there were three girls named Natalie that I really wanted to bone. All three were hot, sweet, and really smart.

Also, all Scotts are huge dicks. Thats church son.

10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On the topic of "madison", how did "addison" become a legitimate name? Were people watching too much House and get confused between the two of them? Are we going to see a trend of "alzheimer" replacing "al" or "huntington" replace "hunter"? Creutzfeldt-jakob replacing jacob?

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was in between high school and college, my morning commute involved going past one of those giant State Farm realtor signs. The name? Dick Tinglof. I giggled every time, for 3 months.

A Google search informs me that College Humor was also amused.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Now this is probably the stupidest reason for naming a kid something, but here goes:
    My sister and her husband named their first girl Addie, after my great aunt. Since Addie is a nickname, they had to assign a "real" name and settled on Addison. Everyone calls her Addie and always will. I guess nicknames don't belong on birth certificates.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That's so weird! My friend has a daughter named Subtractie!

*crickets*

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's an even dumber reason: a relative of mine named her daughter Aaliyah. I suppose to be fair I should say that two relatives of mine named their daughter Aaliyah, but the mother seemed to know more about the story behind the name. The source of it being a one-hit wonder song from the 1980's. It has more unsavoury connotations. There was apparently some singer who called herself Aaliyah who died in 2001, and the name also refers to to Jews immigrating to Israel (and some other meanings in Hebrew).

15. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I would name my daughter Addison only because Waveland, Clark, or Sheffield would sound stupid as a girls name. I would also tell my wife that it is a tribute to Grey's Anatomy, or Private Practice, whichever one has a girl thats named Addison.

16. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

A nice corollary to the last thread I responded to, I'm that guy. Boy or girl, my first born shall be named Brannen.

It's not negotiable. (The name, not the realization that this human will ever exist)

17. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My older brother is having a baby boy in a couple weeks. His name will be Dawson Parker. The whitest name ever. He will also be called DP by his friends from the age of 13 on.

I have never met an ugly Brooke. Most of them have been extremely physically attractive.

Stanley is a child rapist name.

My last name is quite....unfortunate, so it makes names hard. Very hard. Girl names are damn near impossible.

18. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

I think Addison would be a good middle name for a girl

Her full name would be Tensixteewest Addison Frylock.

Also I think it would be cool to name a kid something but spell it in such a way that it sounds like you have an accent. Like Villiam. Or Aahnuld. "No, not Arnold! Aahnuld!"

19. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My cousin is quite literally the worst baby namer ever. Her first-born, a son, is named JR. It's not short for anything; it's just JR. We thought that her naming couldn't get worse, but we were most certainly wrong. She ended up naming her daughter Lelu. Yes, that's pronounced Lee-Lou. Neither syllable of her name is an acceptable nickname for a little girl. Thank God those kids are adorable.

20. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Leeloo Dallas Multipass