Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Name thy spawn!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, May 18, 2011.

1. jrczj

jrczj
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Any guy named Calin, Dane or Aaron is sure to be a bro. Most likely ripped jeans and cartilage piercings. Guys who have a name that is typically shortened, but prefer to go by their full name ( ie: Thomas, Jonathan, Joseph, Nicholas, Alexander, etc) have a very high chance of being a pretentious yuppie douche bag. The probability of the douchebagness skyrockets if said guy is under 28 years old.

Any girl named Samantha, Sam, Sammie is almost a lock to be a slut.

Also, not sure if it fits here, but guys who put only their first and middle names as their Facebook name (ie. Thomas Michael) are guaranteed to at least have some homosexual tendencies.

2. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've yet to meet a Brittany who wasn't a stuck-up, mentally unstable bitch.

Every Justin I've known has been an arrogant, cocky douche who quickly forms a mutual hatred towards me.

Jessica's are bubbly, outgoing, kind, and incredibly two-faced.

Danielle is invariably lazy and unproductive.

No specific name, but nine times out of ten, if a girl's name begins in a "K", she's trouble.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or are teachers or some other job where they don't want to be searchable by last name.

4. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

During recruiting season at my university, literally half the people I was friends with on Facebook changed their name for this reason, usually to First-Name Middle-Name.

5. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every Walter I've ever met is a dickbag. Granted, I've only met one and he's my co-worker, but still. Fuck him.

I was named after a priest on my father's side of the family (Patrick). Combine this with my last name and I feel like I should be living in Boston, saying Mass. My dad's middle name is Michael and so is mine. If I have a son, so will he. There will be no compromise on this. I'm also going to give him a good, strong Irish name like Sean or Connor. I honestly don't care what a potential girl's name would be, as long as it isn't asexual. Women named Jamie or whatever instantly makes me think of less of them.

6. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I'm not a fan of trendy names in general. My kids would end up having names like Jamie and Claire, not Abby-gayyle (like my one girlfriend's poor kid).

Aside - my sister is having her first child (boy!) in the next few days or so, and the name she's tossing around is Dexter. Christ on a cracker.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

MARK IT ZERO.

Because when trying to schedule playdates and shit, the mental image that one wants in other mothers' mind is definitely "serial killer."

Anyone who goes by Dick is a weird pervert. And not the fun kind of pervert either. Everyone alive today is aware of the colloquial usage of the word, yet you still voluntarily go by Dick instead of Richard, Rick, Ricky, Rich, etc.? Fucking weird, dude.

8. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is a very, very good reason I effectively go by a re-arranging of my initials

9. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sometimes they just have a good sense of humor.

[​IMG]

Hilarious Daily Show clip on the guy.

10. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

It's a southern thing, I guess. Everyone in my family uses family names.

The Wife was adamant that our son be a junior, so he is named after me. I go by my middle name (which was my grandmother's maiden name), so he will go by our first name, Samuel. And we both agree- no shorting of the name to Sam or Sammy (or Sahm-well, in The Wife's case).

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Add me to the Heathers list. There's a reason they made a movie of the same name. Bitches.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I'm partial to Adolf. No bad connotations with that one, right guise?

13. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to hate my middle name--Kiel. I've come to accept it more since it's relatively unique, but when I was a kid I thought it was the dumbest name my parents could have possibly given me and I always pronounced it "Kyle."

After reading through what's been said so far, I honestly can't think of one name that has always been associated with a certain trait among different people. Whores, sluts, douche bags, and assholes are pretty well spread out.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I just had a thought. Wouldn't it be great if we all just went by what we really are? ie: Hi I'm Bitch Slut McWhore. Nice to meet you! or Hi I'm Dickbag Jones. Pleased to meet you!

It sure would take a lot of the guess work out of the dating scene.

15. jrczj

jrczj
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I can only assume that Autoerotic Asphyxiation McGee would have a pretty hard time getting a date. On the Contrary, Idon'thaveagagreflex Smith would probably get a little more attention than she is used to.

16. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FOCUS: The names Ethan, Andrew, and Matthew have reached critical mass. STOP NAMING YOUR BOYS THAT!
    I have friends and family with new boys, and I can't even keep track of all the Ethans, Matthews and Andrews. I know of at least two of each.
    Don't give your girls stripper names. Brittney, Cindy, Amber, etc. paint the girl as a slut.
    When/if you have a child and you choose a name for it, do them and the rest of the world a favor and spell their name in the conventional fashion. Don't spell "Daisy" as "Deisy," or anything like that. All you are doing is setting up your child for a lifetime of having their name misspelled and possibly mispronounced. You aren't being hip, edgy, or unique by spelling it differently.
    And if you already have a child with a name spelled in a bastardized fashion, then may god have mercy on your soul.

EDIT: Every Silvia/Sylvia that I've ever met has been a total cunt. Ditto on Iris and Cynthia.

Alt. Focus: Cool names
    The ex-wife and I named our son Trent. Not Trenton, just Trent. The name just exudes badassery, and fuck whoever said otherwise.
    Other names we were considering were Victor, Vincent, and Cyrus. Victor can be shortened to Vic, and Vincent to Vince, both of which sound badass.
    If we had a girl, she was going to be named either Janis (my ex-wife is a huge fan of Janis Joplin), or Athena.

17. Short Bus Magic

Short Bus Magic
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Has anybody ever met a Kayla that was not a filthy slut? I haven't.

18. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Every Barb I've ever met has been a very loud woman. Whether it's outgoing loud or obnoxious loud, they've never found their 'inside voice'.

19. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I knew a kid in grade school who's name was Ephram Binkendorf. Poor kid. He was fucking weird too.

As someone else said earlier, I've never really noticed trends among certain names. The few names of which I know multiple people that have it I've never really noticed any similarities.

Except maybe Christians/kristins/etc. Most of the ones I know tend to be a bit stuck up and prudish. Oh, and Anthonys who are usually pretty bad ass dudes.

20. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A few of the less-common names I've encountered in Texas (and they're not nicknames):
    Chance
    Joab
    Tripp
    Maverick (Tripp's nephew)
    But the one that takes the cake: Adonis.