Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

(n)Ex(t) question!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Focus: Are you mostly on good or bad terms with your ex's? Any interesting stories? "Word to the wise"-style advice for us?

Alt. Focus: Would you do something like this video with an ex?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

You dont have to be friends with an ex. You never will be, not really. Just be pleasant and cordial and move on with your life.

I have an ex that's still in our circle of friends and I get along with her just fine. Shes a little flirty sometimes, and its completely on purpose just to stir up a little trouble, but FutureWife goes into mama bear mode and hulks out if it happens. Otherwise its perfectly fine.

As for other exes, I havent seen or talked to them in years. As far as I know where they are at this point:

C - Last I heard she was pregnant and living in a shitbag town in Connecticut somewhere.

M - Still good looking, and is a news anchor in New York. Probably still dumb as a stump.

K - 2 kids, fat, and posts a ton of Bernie Sanders propaganda on Facebook.

M #2 - Lives in Jersey, engaged to some guy that doesnt have a neck from what I can tell. Ran into her a year ago, shes still cool.

C - She sunk her talons into some guy and is now engaged. Good luck buddy, you got yourself a psycho.

The rest were too brief to be considered exes, so who knows.

Bump.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Addressing that video first: The shaved head dude and the hot blond are hilarious. Also, the pale couple broke up cause the dude in the spikey hair is clearly gay right? Thats why they wouldn't answer any questions?

Ive mentioned before that of my 3 best female friends, 2 of them are exes. I think a big factor is the relationships ended at ages 19 and 21. At that stage, you can still be friends cause a lot of what made you date to begin with was attraction and then just a general enjoyment of hanging out with each other. And you often have mutual friends that still bind you together. Additionally, they know me really well so they are awesome sounding boards and even good to talk about relationship with cause they know my faults and quirks from that side of the coin.

All that being said, in both cases, the first 3-6 months post breakup were dicey. I had done the breaking up in both cases and there was some animosity on both sides. Eventually it dissipates and once both parties have moved on and dated someone else, you can get past it. So my advice would be, if you wish to be friendly with them, give it a cooling off period and address it as you go.

Post-college, I don't speak to any of my ex's, only one has had any interest in doing so. She's a sweet girl, but we didn't have a ton in common and I found that out during the course of dating. So post-relationship, we remained friendly and cordial, but we weren't gonna hang out. Another two promptly unfriended me on social media, so that gave me a clear signal. And the last, I'm still happy to see her in passing, but our relationship ended for no real reason and she is now engaged to an utterly and complete pud. She's a cute little rocker chick with tattoos who managed bands after college and her fiancee is a nerd who, the first time i met him, was wearing ear plugs to a small show at a bar. Ive seen pictures and his family wears matching named t-shirts to events. Fuck all of that.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The bald guy and blonde are so going to be banging before they even leave that studio.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One I dated for a few summers during college I kept up with semi regularly after she moved to Florida. She brought her Salt Life Florida Douche Fiance' up once and we went to a baseball game. She went to the bathroom and he was going on about something or other and it lead into him saying "Yeah man, (ex) has great big titties!" I reflexively said, "Hell yeah she does!" He didn't give me a weird look or anything but it felt like I had crossed a line. After the game she stopped texting and messaging me, I haven't heard from her personally since.

The girl I was dating from my work which ended up blowing up in my face has found her self a military man to marry and according to facebook she works at the place she said was her dream job. I kind of hope she found the right combination of medicine and therapist and has turned herself around. I don't know if that guy knows what he's in for otherwise.

Oddly enough I still talk to on a multi weekly basis a girl I hooked up with for like a week in Shanghai right before I left. We hung out twice and then the other get togethers were her coming to my apartment before she went to work in the morning to bang. I haven't seen her in going on 4 years. I share some of the deeper shit I have going on with her.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm on good terms with many of my exes, but the most dramatic example is the ex-girlfriend that I've worked with for 20 years. Unable to resist a new pool of attractive, single women at my new job, I ignored the "don't shit where you eat" rule and dated 2 of them within a few months of starting there. One I dated for about a year until I broke it off. It was intense for awhile - banging in the office at night, on the bosses desk, in the bosses chair, etc.. Luckily she had a fairly level head, didn't vilify me when we broke up, and we've worked together very closely for the ensuing 18 years.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think all the regular board members know how well I get along with my ex wife these days...

I'm on good terms with one of my ex girlfriends; we still hook up when she comes down here to visit her family and neither of us are seeing anyone else.

As far as every other woman, they all avoid me like the plague, saying "inconsiderate asshole" this, "selfish cad" that, and that I'm not "emotionally available," whatever the fuck that means.
    But what do they know, bunch of crazy bitches.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I think it's code for "they don't allow conjugal visits, sorry."

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the girl begs the guy to take the shot instead of answering the masturbation question. How does he not immediately take the shot and then answer anyway? Boy has no sense of comedic timing.

10. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A few of my exes are distant, a few are very close friends, some are intermittently fuckbuddies. Runs the gamut.

My main advice really echoes something said earlier; you need some time after a relationship ends to let the hurt and anger fade. At that point, if the ending wasn't because of something too terrible, you can rebuild some kind of a friendship if you want. It's awkward and weird, but can really have some good payoffs down the line.

11. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Alt Alt Focus: The couple at the 1:47 mark, she asks "How long did it take you to get over us and what did you do to get over it", he immediately grabs the bottle. Later he asks "What did your friends and parents think of me?", she grabs the bottle. I believe his way of getting over her was by taking a guys penis in his butthole and I'm sure that's exactly what her friends and parents thought too.

12. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd say I'm on good terms with all but one ex. We have a couple of mutual friends and last I heard, she's still not a pleasant person to be around. The rest are still friendly, though I don't go out of my way to see them anymore, and oddly all went on to become MDs or RNs (except for the stripper).

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All my exes live in Texas.

...I don't go to Texas anymore.