Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

My Dream Car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

When I was 7, my dad and I were blowing soap bubbles on the front porch and a red Mustang convertible drove by. It roared like a lion and the guy was working the gearbox like a champ. My dad looked at me, sighed, looked at the Dodge Colt in the driveway, sighed again, and said "Now THAT's a car".

I never forgot the look on his face when he said that, and it instantly became the car of my dreams.

17 years later, I bought one. Dad was tickled pink.

[​IMG]

2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

To be quite honest, I don't really care all that much about performance in cars. I mean, sure, I'd like it to be fun to drive and have some power in reserve for passing on the highway and be fun to drive around curvy mountain roads; but unless you're taking it to the track, your car doesn't need to go 0-100 in 3 seconds. 0-100 in 5 seconds is still pretty damn good. And while this car has performance in spades, it just looks plain good. I'd get it in dark blue with a light tan interior. And while some might say a convertible (and Ferraris in general, in fact) would be impractical, I like to think of it as being optimistic. A convertible says, "today is going to have some amazing weather, and I'm going to be out there on the road with a hot chick in the passenger's seat enjoying the shit out of today, and you're going to be stuck in your little prison". I suppose I'd need to have a beater that I could take to work every day, or carry stuff in, or drive in winter, go on vacations, so forth. Fuck it. Find a girl with a low-cut shirt and generous cleavage to put next to me and live for those sunny weekend drives. I'd have a Ducati in the garage as well and say it was the Ferrari's little brother:

[​IMG]

Some days I wonder how Ferrari makes money. Their cars might be expensive, yes, but they don't sell all that many, and their cars are relatively expensive to make. And they pour an obscene amount of money into racing every year. In fact, you'd think that Ferrari road cars were just a front to keep their F1 cars on the grid.

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

this is something Other Guy struggles with in talking to me. He's all about these cars and performance and zoom zoom fast go go...but...I...Don't...Care.
    I don't need to go super uber fast, and really, they just seem overly expensive.

Since my idea of a good time is cruising a back road back home and listening to my music too loud and drinking beer, my perfect/dream car is, in fact, a Jeep. Not super crazy high, but high enough we can get into the mud with it, and I can hang my leg out the side.

4. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am not a gear head. No fucking clue what's going on under the hood. I assume witchcraft. The engine is powered by tiny elves shoveling coal into a furnace right? Though I appreciate classic Ferraris and Lamborghinis, would love to fart around in an old model-T, and modern Audis look pretty slick, I can get by with a practical Toyota. No problem. I can be happy with that. Roll the window down, floor it as much as I can on the highway. A nice car will get fucked up anyway. Dings, nowhere to open it up, gas, etc.

That was until I saw this:

My balls were in my throat watching that. Daddy want. Fuck practical, FUCK windshields even, I want a go-kart that does 0-60 in 3 seconds. The way it handles, you could have serious fun just going to get stamps on a bendy route. Bonus: the V6 model is around $45k (last I checked).

#4 CharlesJohnson, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I want a blue Mini Cooper. Why? Because they're cute. That's about all I care about when it comes to cars. I've also been told they're sportier than you would think, but I have no idea.

[​IMG]

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Okay but seriously I'd actually love a Delorean if I swapped the engine for something less embarassing. the 80s interiors make me feel all nostalgic and everything feels so.. firm, like, buttons and levers and such.

On a more current note
    [​IMG]
    I want to go fast, I want to have good handling, I want to feel (and sound) like I'm in a sports car. I still want to be able to fit my friends in it, and I want to be able to afford it. That pretty much sums it up.

7. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since we've already posted about Mustangs - my mom always points them out when they drive by, because I used to do that to her when I was a kid - I'll just post up some pretty pictures. I'm in love with the style of 60s cars, both muscle cars and sleeker models. I don't know too much about cars, but these are pretty.

1964 Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe.
    [​IMG]
    1969 Chevy Camaro. First saw this guy in the music video for "Stylo" by the Gorillaz.
    [​IMG]
    Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato. Super rare.
    [​IMG]
    Delorean. Back to the Future made this car look so damn cool.
    [​IMG]

8. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no desire to drive a car ever, but I would like one of these F250 diesel super crew 4x4 in black, they go fast enough and over just about anything you need to. Trucks are much more comfortable to ride in, they offer leg room, ass room, store your shit room.

Attached Files:

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dream car: Ferrari 458 Italia. It is simply an instant classic and will be drooled over for the the rest of time.

10. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have to be honest and say that Top Gear is the reason I love this car so much.

Attached Files:

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm not a huge car guy, but as far as I am concerned when it comes to dream cars there are two types of car: Muscle cars, and Nothing.

It's hard to pick because they were all great: GTO, Chargers, Roadrunners, Gran Torino, etc. but my favourite of all is the 1971 Chevelle. I think of it as the quintesential muscle car: big, scary, intimidating and powerful. Also, beautiful to look at:

[​IMG]

Porsche is pretty much the only sports car company I like, and I love Audi sedans as well.

12. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

When I was 23, my father walked into Jack Carter Chevrolet and bought this:

[​IMG]

straight off the floor. No miles. In fact, "off the floor" is a bit of a misnomer, since the 2003 Z06 Anniversary Edition was kept three floors below the show room in the vault. It has forever ruined me for cars. The speed:horsepower ratio can't be matched by anything else, IMO. And Chevy's been making this engine for about a million years. Suffice to say, parts are easily found and all the kinks have been worked out. I have NEVER heard another car that sounded like his 'Vette did.

That being said, I'll never own a car. I'm loathe to give up my truck - it was the exact vehicle I wanted from the age of about 14, and it's served me well for the last 14 years. When the time comes, though, I debate between:

A Yukon Denali
    [​IMG]

Or another Ford F-150
    [​IMG]

*Spoilered for size.

13. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Three of em, from modest (Evo) to not so much.

I've also always wanted a truck, but I know nothing about them, probably this Ram, since it's supposedly going to be the most expensive truck ever. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.therichest.org/mostexpensive/automobile/ram-truck/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.therichest.org/mostexpensive ... ram-truck/</a>

Third is the CTS-V. Fast, fast luxury.

Attached Files:

14. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

See left.
    Done? See Below.

[​IMG]

15. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to uncool it for you, but my mother had a 1970 Malibu that was nearly identical to this (minus the SS and stripes) that i drove while I was in high school. That car was sneaky quick, with a 307 engine (from what i remember). I had some guy in a late 70s Mustang challenge me to a race (pulled up next to me at a light and revved his engine) and i completely blew him away - in mom's car.

As for my dream car -I am not a pretentious man, and I choose my cars based on value and practicality. But I'd sell my mother to have a Bentley.

[​IMG]

16. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FOCUS: 1970 Ford Torino

[​IMG]

The first time I saw one, I thought it was the meanest looking car I'd ever seen, and I still feel that way.

I actually have a '70 Torino that I bought in 2007 with the intention of restoring slowly over the years; I'm still working on that.
    When it's done, I want it to look just like the one above: dead-black with a blacked-out grille and hideaway headlights, and minimal chrome. I still haven't figured out what the drivetrain will be (it originally had a 351 Cleveland and a C4 automatic), but suffice to say it will have a V8 and a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission when it's done.

Here's a shot of another badass '70:

[​IMG]

17. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Superformance on Wikipedia make replicas of that Daytona Coupe RCGT posted about (really pretty car, btw) but they also produce the only fully licence-produced GT40 (Safir Spares own the naming rights and Superformance pays royalties) - they tested one in our local Car Magazine about 2-3 years ago (since they're apparently built in S.A. in Port Elizabeth) and it was in the Gulf Oil colours. Wish I could find that issue...

There is their page. WANT. Preferably with a Mk.1-shape rear (Mk. 4's ass is U-G-L-Y).

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh yes.

[​IMG]

My dad has had Audis for awhile so after driving his I really, really want one. He used to have an S4 and sold it right before I got my license. They look good, aren't too damn flashy, and the RS4s are fucking fast, not to mention expensive enough to keep it a dream car.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I've been lucky to have owned a few of my dream cars:

Had this for the last year in high school. Let's just say that part time IT work paid way, way better than delivering pizza. Sold it before moving across the country to go to school. Wish I kept it.

[​IMG]

The bottom car was the exact one that I owned.

[​IMG]

And my current race car:

I also enjoy the fuck out of my current Jeep... $4k of shits and giggles. Top and doors are currently off, and it's a fucking blast.

As to fancy/expensive/exotic cars that I lust after, I've only got one right now, and that's this:

It's the Eagle Speedster; the ultimate Jaguar E-Type. You may have seen it on the 50th E-Type anniversary Top Gear special.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 45.jpg
      45.jpg
      File size:
      38.4 KB
      Views:
    • jeep.jpg
      jeep.jpg
      File size:
      76.2 KB
      Views:
  20. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

Two turbos, eight cylinders, 578 HP, 530 lb-ft of torque, 0-to-60 in 4.4 seconds and 188 MPH top speed.

There's nothing more you can say about this vehicle other than elegant respect for the asshole driving it.