Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

My country

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carl24, Aug 16, 2010.

1. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Does the gorgeous scenic hinterland really make up for having to chose between celibancy and cousin fucking? Would your answer remain the same if your cousins were ugly?

2. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fact that these things are even on your mental radar is enough. Don't get me wrong, Oz is on my Top 5 Destination list, but I'll be goddamned if I don't have a machete on my hip the entire time I'm there, what with your halfbreed duck mutants and your microscopic water jelly bitch demons. Face it: you're one womp rat and a bantha herd away from fighting off Tusken Raiders on your way to work in the morning.

3. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Having children with your cousins is bad mojo, just fucking, no big problem. Same as every other place.

You know your in heaven when after a long day of hiking the overland track you settle down around the camp fire and enjoy a nice blow job from your cousin. Would be even better if he remembered to pack his razor so you could pretend your sister liked the outdoors too.

4. Dead Parrot

Dead Parrot
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

About Lebanon:
    How conservative of a place is it in comparison to other countries in the region?

Is it like Saudi Arabia where the Quran is literally the constitution of the land or is there some seperation of church and state there?

How different is the arabic dialect spoken in Lebanon from other arabic dialects like Saudi and Egyptian dialects?

Are women like Haifa Wehbe the exception or the rule?

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you feel that the reason these animals thrive is due to increased gun legislation? I know back in the days of "Quigley Down Under", he only had problems with the aboriginal people. Would they be number 11?

6. syphon

syphon
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The only one thats thriving from gun legislation is the salties. They stopped hunting them and their population has exploded, probably because the late great Steve Irwin isn't here to keep them in check.

Also, our snakes like to really fuck with you, even the non poisonous ones...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/03/09/120825_hpphoto.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/ar ... photo.html</a>

7. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

While it's not impossible to shoot most of the animals on that list, with the exception of the crocodile, it is impractically difficult.

Now if we banned flip flops and shovels, that'd set off a population explosion.

8. archer

archer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

At a city train station late at night, absolutely, in fact id put them in the #1 spot. Many a night for a young aussie has ended in tears (and a trip to the hospital) after hearing the dreaded words 'got a dollar cunt?' from a group of natives.

That's the stereotype anyway, my personal experience is if you leave them alone and avoid finding yourself alone facing a drunken group of them you will be fine (much like the rest of our dangerous creatures).

The whole gun legislation thing never really took off in the country, you try getting some pansy politician that's never set foot outside of a capital city to convince a hard as nails country dweller to give up his guns because some mental defect went nuts and started shooting people in the city. He'll politely tell the poli to go and get fucked (emphasized by the sound of the bolt ramming home on his .308).

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's all fucking true. And there's asshole animals not on that list that should be... like the Fierce Snake (Inland Taipan) which is night night if you run afoul of it. Luckily, it's shy and in the middle of the fucking outback where people with any sense leave it alone.

Even the kangaroos are dangerous. The big ones are around seven feet tall, and territorially aggressive. Kangaroo muscle is some of the most dense, protein rich meat you can find. Those fuckers can kill you with a kick. What's worse, though, is running into them with a car. They will fucking destroy the average car and SUV because they're like hitting a brick wall.

That being said, we do close down Sydney Harbour Bridge every day at midday so they can cross over it.

Rather like my understanding of the was the United States was put together, Australia was created by a bunch of states deciding to band together to form a nation. It created a whole raft of problems legislatively, which are still going on. Basically, they gave the Federal government dominion over certain areas of law (like defence, international relations and that sort of thing) and kept the rest for themselves. They fucked up in that one of the areas was taxation. So, while the Federal government is hamstrung on certain things, they control the purse strings and can generally harass the states into line.

The assfuckery of it is that, for example, each state had their own railway gauges. To this day, I don't think you can catch a train interstate without switching at or near the border. I don't know though, because public transport is generally for chumps in this country.

We also have the world's most remote capital city: Perth. It's further away from any other state/national capital than any other city in the world. That explains the general psychosis.

We were also very nearly at least partly Dutch. Dirk Hartog (I think, and the rest of this is sketchy and relies on half remembered grade 4 social studies) landed here well before the English, on the West coast, and named the place New Holland. Unfortunately, he landed on part of the 90% of the country that looks like nuclear wasteland, with killer fauna. He decided "fuck this" and left. If he'd stayed, or landed on the East coast, things might be a little different around here.

10. archer

archer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The one creature that really scares the piss out of me is the centipede, i run like a little girl whenever i see one, they seriously creep me out:
    [​IMG]
    I have been bitten by one of these and it was the most painful thing i have ever experienced and something i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy

Can vouch for the destruction caused by hitting a Roo with a car as well, its unreal, not to mention the danger of them bouncing over the bonnet and through the windscreen where they will seriously injure anyone in the car if they start thrashing around.

A Roos kick can also disembowel a human as they have a pretty nasty claw on their hind legs designed specifically to remove internal organs. Thanks mother nature.

11. Atomic_Squirrel

Atomic_Squirrel
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I live in Mexico, in Tijuana (That's right next to San Diego, California; for those too lazy to map it.) actually. Feel free to ask whatever.

Also, about Japan, could you maybe talk a bit about it? Just general impression, I'm going as an exchange student over there in a year or two. Any tips, or important knowledge?

12. archer

archer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Do Donkey shows really happen down there? (well 'up there' for me but whatever)

13. syphon

syphon
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

We also have the cassowary, which will totally ruin your shit.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/worlds-most-dangerous-bird.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/world ... -bird.html</a>

Other continents can keep their large mammal predators (Bears, Lions, Tigers etc) our animals will fuck you up, but at least they wont eat you. (other than croc or shark, but other continents have those)

But of course there is always these guys...
    [​IMG]

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most of knowledge here is second hand, so I'll stand corrected, but have had a lot of business dealings with Japan and Japanese people.

If you're expecting to eat any meat apart from fish, be prepared to pay. Steak is fucking expensive, but the quality is well above par.

Their economy is in the toilet. China is solidly taking over in the areas that Japan has been dominating for the past 50 years. The only edge they have is in the top end stuff, but that's "star product" not "cash cow". What effect this has on day to day life, I don't know.

Interestingly, no one passes bad checks there as a dishonored check makes you automatically bankrupt, or so I've heard through some accountants.

If you're in a big city, there's people fucking everywhere. If you're not used to crowds, it'll be a culture shock.

And apparently, there a store in one of the major airports that sells little souvenirs from all over the world. It may not seem like much, but it does huge business. Frequent travellers can buy all the little gifts for family from one place instead of carrying them around half way across the world (or, you can just lie you've been to all those places).

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Totally true. Here's one caught on film:

#55 Disgustipated, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

If you hit skippy, chances are good that you were inadequately equipped for driving through Roo territory (A Roo Shoe whisle is like three dollars, for crying out loud) or not paying attention. The rare exception for dark roads and deaf kangaroo's do happen. But meh. People underestimate what happens when you hit a Wombat - they look all furry and cute - and people forget that they're designed to brace themselves under a couple of tonnes of collapsing tunnel, and hold the roof up with two legs while they scratch themselves for a while and then when they get bored - dig themselves out. When you run over one of the little bastards - if you're lucky you just rip an axle out. More often, you flip your vehicle and get to find out what shattered windscreen and high speed gravel tastes like.

17. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WTF??? Dropbear? Is that a legitimate picture? If so, I'm not sleeping tonight. Oh man, please let it just be me being a gullible twit.

*Edit: A simple google search verifies that I am indeed a gullible twit and I am perfectly okay with it. Bad, bad, monster bear is a fake.

18. archer

archer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Really its not that bad, you just need to smear a little Vegemite behind your ears as a deterrent. The little buggers hate the stuff.

19. Atomic_Squirrel

Atomic_Squirrel
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Question: Do donkey shows definitely exist? (In Mexico?)

Though I have never witnessed one in person, or even seen an add for one, I am fairly confident they do indeed exist. Probably not here in Tijuana (Though, again, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.), but definitely in the country. Still, don't get enticed by a cab driver:

<a class="postlink" href="http://greensboring.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://greensboring.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=328</a>
    <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_show</a>

However, be very wary of anyone in TJ offering to take your dumb tourist ass anywhere, or offer you anything. The waking-up-in-a-bathtub-full-of-ice may be a bit exagerated, but muggings happen all the time. Go with someone who knows the place if you can, at least for a place like Tijuana. Other parts of Mexico aren't as bad.

20. pincinelly

pincinelly
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

New Zealander here. Just to pre-empt any questions about sheep, yes I do own one. Although the law that every household must keep at least one sheep on the property has been repealed by our current PM, John Key. And yes I have had sex with Betsy (my ewe), although to be fair she is widely known to be one of the cutest sheep in Auckland.