Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

MTV's Jersey Shore (was "Jersey without my hair gel")

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Happy, Nov 29, 2009.

1. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: I can't go to Jersey without my hair gel

Me and my Robbie, we wanted to watch the sunset. I mean sunrise. PUKE

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From the 2 second clip of that at the end, she got fucking CLOCKED.

That Sammi chick is pretty hot, the rest of those girls, you could get herpes from looking at them too long.

That huge roided out kid Ronnie actually seemed like a pretty decent, level headed dude until he started hooking up with his boy's chick.

This show is a fucking trainwreck. I will be watching it for the same reason I watch the Real World. I won't be able to stop myself.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'mma gonna move this here to the Pop-Culture Forum (really the TV Show sub-forum), seein' as it's now a full-time show.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saw it loved it. I didn't know that it was going to be the same set up as the Real World. I totally expected all of them to be as out of touch with reality as Snooki. They were all surprisingly lucid, particularly Vinny until his puss ass reaction to getting pink eye.

5. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the same about him. He seemed to above above all the bullshit.

Here's a question, are they really "boys"? I missed the beginning of the show but I got the impression they pulled these guys from all over. Is it "bros before hoes" if you only knew the dude and the girl for like 3 days?

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, they were talking about how they already close like family and all that other shit, but I don't know. I guess personally, if I knew I had to live in the same house as these people for three months, I would try to avoid shitting where I ate, so to speak.

7. Wpf

Wpf
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Because a two second clip is most certainly not enough:

[​IMG]

8. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How did this happen? Why? Context/Aftermath?

I don't watch this show but I'm now VERY interested.

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't know yet. It was part of the "This season, on..." preview clips.

10. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Son of a bitch.

11. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It just makes you want to WATCH, doesn't it?

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched the first two episodes on Thursday. Then again on Saturday afternoon with my girlfriend while she was baking (you fucking read that shit right) Then later on Saturday night, we went to a party at her friend's house and started talking about the show. Low and behold half the party hadn't watched it. I joked "turn on MTV, it's probably on right now" and sure as shit it was. Everyone else fell in love with it too. SNICKAHS!

Simmons just did a podcast on it with his buddy who he talks about reality TV with all the time. This show is so goddamn accessible, they had a lot of the same thoughts as I did except for this insight from Simmons:

"Snooki, Nicole... She's kind of shaped like a gym ball"

Thursday night I SHOULD be at my girl's place... so I can watch this with a crowd. Tremendous.

14. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched the first episode on megavideo, I couldn't peel my eyes off. It's too accessible, I feel for the characters.

Mike, The Situation, has by far the WORST game I've witnessed in fact or fiction since Jon Favreau in Swingers.

Pauly D is pure guido. Vinny is an educated guido. Sammi is a bitch. Angelina is an even bigger bitch (what was with that random Cockblock at the end of the second episode??). Ronnie is a snakey-tool who is a *bit* smarter and more self-aware than the rest. JWoww is just a skank.

Love this show.

15. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But Shockers... I mean Snickers... Snooki... is the most self aware of them all. Has there ever been a more honest moment in reality television than when she looked at the camera and willingly admitted that she can't handle NOT being the center of attention?

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I finally caved and watched some of this show.

FUCKING EXCRUTIATING.

That Snooki bitch is vile, repulsive and possibly the dumbest broad in America. She loves being the centre of attention, huh? Where would that be? In a Big Mac eating contest down at McGuido's? I've seen more sexually appealing women on The Biggest Loser.

17. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Y'allz r haterz.

I watch the show for purely educational reasons. For instance, did you know that it only takes nine pounds of presure to break a guy's nose? NINE POUNDS! And that some random chick in New Jersey is the whole reason for the puffy hair fad? Who knew?! I, for one, was truly fascinated to find out the the sunset is actually in the morning.

Best. Guilty pleasure. EVER!!!

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

"What're you gonna say to a guy that basically looks like Rambo wit his shirt off?!"

-I'm going to say that guys with juice monkey builds are NOT intimidating in the LEAST, and only pussies and cowards throw cheap-shots then brag about their "sweet right cross" afterwards.

Seriously, these people need to be put to sleep. If their idiocy wasn't so fucking hilarious I would probably be kicking their door down with a sawed-off in hand and yelling "I gotch'er Yagerbombs right HERE, you fucking ding-dongs!!!"

19. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, man. THE SITUATION made the situation (in the club) hysterical. Who the fuck goes over to a girl and tries to shame her for choosing another guy instead of himself?! Clearly, someone not in control of THE SITUATION (bah dum bum). Seriously, he was a bigger bitch than the guy with the world's mildest case of pink eye.

Snooki/Snickers is in dire need of some good parenting. I want to wash her face, cut & comb her hair, and make her go to bed in feetsie pajamas at 10:30. Poor child.

But I'm hooked. And the death threats (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/12/08/mtv-staff-getting-death-threats-jersey-shore/) just make this shit even more entertaining.

20. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The irony of the death threats is the best. The fact that people from NJ are pissed because the show portrays Italian-Americans in a bad light, and try to rectify the sitaution by sending death threats, only confirms the stereotypes we have put all NJ/NY Italians in. If you want to get something done, don't handle it like old Uncle Chuckie would by saying "if you don't stop this now eh, I'll slit you're fucking throat." You're only digging yourself into a deeper hole (which you'll be buried alive in - of course).