Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Mr. Robot: Final Season

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The premiere airs tomorrow night. Really looking forward to how they wrap this up. Probably one of my favorite shows ever.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit... They weren't kidding when they said not to miss the first 10 minutes.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I was not expecting that scene on the giant lawn, even when she said what she said right before.

4. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The cinematography in that scene was also really well done. To keep it at that wide single framed shot and just let the action occur way back in the framing was both shocking and artistically pleasing.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed. I was so focused on thinking, "oh hey, I wonder if they did that on a dolly or steadicam," to keep moving with him the foreground and then all of a sudden -- WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

6. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As soon as I saw the two Dark Army guys come into the frame I knew what was going to happen, but I thought there would have been a jump to a close-up or something like that. Not just have it shown in the same steadi-shot as just a background item. I had a legitimate physical shock to the suddenness of it.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I dont think she cares. I think she only cares about the grand design of her plan, which is whatever is being built at the Washington Township plant. There was a glimpse of a particle accelerator at some point, so there is something going on with theoretical physics, that probably ended up killing Elliot and Angela's dad and mom in the process. Ive read some theories that there are hints of experimentation with either multiverses or quantum computing that is having an impact on reality.

8. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always assumed it had something to do with time travel considering both of Whiterose's personas are obsessed with time.

9. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I... Uh, what the fuck?

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

that third Elliot is the real Elliot?

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, Elliot has a third personality, and according to an interview with Sam Esmail, it’s been part of the story from the beginning?

Also, the final scene, was that a flashback? Because the new WTC was in the background wasn’t it?

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if it's a flashback per se - that's his child self and mother in the board room. Those are either other personality creations, and it could take place in the "now" or it could be a memory and the background is irrelevant or it could be the actual now and the older Elliot and Mr. Robot are projected personalities of child Elliot. But, yes, One WTC is definitely in the background.

upload_2019-10-15_10-57-25.png

Also, I love reading the inside hacker stuff. I don't know jack about hacking, but it's cool that there are just layers and layers of buried realistic hacking and codes and stuff that you can barely pick up on during a single watch.

This one was pretty good:
    taken from a Vice article
    Darlene is listed in Elliot's contacts as Dolores Haze, not her real name and taken from the character in Lolita. That was her handle on the chat room where she "met" Elliot. The URL for the file that Darlene downloads onto Elliot's phone, REFSTEVORQ, is base64 for "DARLENE."

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like this idea better than the ones swirling around that depend on Rami Malek simply acting differently at certain times. I think that the “Other One” is going to be another character that we’ve seen many times since the first episode, and the entire dynamic between Elliot and Mr. Robot kept us from realizing that nobody else ever interacted with the “Other One” in the same way. I’m wracking my brain trying to think of somebody, but nobody comes to mind. It might end up being Mr. FSociety.

Somebody pointed out that the episode titles are html error codes, which means if there’s ten episodes, it’ll end with “410 Gone” or similar...an error meaning that the file no longer exists. Elliot’s death? Or the merging of all personalities into a regular ol’ functional Elliot?

15. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For what it's worth, it's confirmed that there are 12 episodes this season, so the final episode would be titled "Precondition Failed".

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This thread needs to just be retitled to "this motherfucker is full of spoilers so don't come in here if you're not caught up" so we don't have to keep using tags.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Go ahead.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I always thought the third personality was the viewer. Elliot has talked to the audience since season 1.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was definitely one of the older theories. I think the latest episode showing that the third personality actively did something, though, is why people have moved off that. May still be right, though.

20. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The problem with that is there are times where it would now appear the third personality was in control that we the viewer haven't been shown. The most obvious one being the days in between the hack and when Elliot wakes up in the parked car.