Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Morning Rituals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arctic_Scrap, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oops, I MEANT he wakes 4:45am, to be at work for 8am. I've got to get off the crack.

To answer inquiries, he's not exactly cutting down trees for firewood to make his breakfast. Good skincare takes time.

2. twopy

twopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

5:25 Wake up, throw on PTs, shave, brush teeth
    5:45 Daily room inspection
    6:30 Morning PT
    7:45 Shower, Change into ACUs, Chow Hall
    8:45 Get shit on by the days tasks

Hasn't changed in almost a year. When we do go to a range, doing airborne ops, or whatever other training its usually show up at 5:45 ready to draw weapons, load up the trucks and go. I give myself at least an hour before that to make sure all my shits straight before going in. Forward lunging to your barracks room and back cause you forgot some insignificant, but inspectable item, and your NCOs haven't had their morning coffee is not a fun way to start out your day.

3. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

When I worked days, it was pretty much bolt out of bed, run the electric shaver over my face, get dressed, bolt out the door, and take my morning whiz later, on taxpayer time. I'd have showered the night before, and had a buzzcut, so no need to mess with my hair. If I got hungry before lunch, hit the vending machine for some carbohydrates.

For the past year and a half, I've worked graveyard. My sleep schedule is all over the place now; there is no set ritual. Right now, it's exactly 3:30 PM Pacific time. I have to be at work in seven and a half hours. Looks like I'll be hitting the shower in about ten minutes, then off to bed, to execute my classic morning ritual at 10:35. (commute is 20 minutes at night) Maybe in the morning I'll be tired, crash right away, and will be getting up 24 hours from now.

4. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Out of bed 7:30am. Soap up, shave & slash in the shower, sweet efficiency. Iron shirt, suit up, roughly detail hair, drive to work.

90% of the time I arrive by 8:20am on the button (I live approx 7 minutes from the CBD), 2 strong coffees before 9:30, first one while eating tasty breakfast muffin Lesstalkette bakes for me (no shit) and respond to emails (or write this).

Try to be home by 6pm.

Weekends: All bets and structure are off.

Alt focus: Does anyone not piss in the shower?

5. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I certainly do it, sometimes while brushing my teeth, talk about multi tasking.

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wake up at 6:50, turn off my alarm thats not set to go off for another 40 minutes - I like to think of it as a last line of defense.
    Fuck around on the internet for 20 minutes, go shower if I didn't the night before (so any night I didn't work out), shave if I need it (I take ages doing this so it generally lasts me a few days), cook some toast, then drive to work. Usually get there at 8:30ish

7. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm not one for rituals, but the best thing I've ever done for my morning was buying a fog-free mirror for the shower. Shaving in the shower must save me at least 75 seconds a day. Boo-yah.

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some mornings I hop from foot to foot waiting for the shower to warm up so I can get in there to take a piss. Walk an extra six feet to the toilet? That's for chumps and losers.

9. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I go to work at 4:45 every morning. I'm not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination so getting up before the sun comes up is torture.

I have to set my alarm clock and the alarm on my phone to drag my ass out of bed. I set my alarm clock for 4:00 and my phone for 4:15. The snooze on my clock goes off every 9 minutes and the snooze on my phone goes off every five. I abuse the snooze button on each until 4:28 when I finally roll out of bed.

Then I head to the bathroom to pee (if I haven't already woken up twice to go already, being pregnant is annoying like that.) Then I get dressed as quickly as possible, brush my hair and teeth, find my shoes, fill my water bottle, grab a granola bar or two, then I'm out the door.

It takes me approximately 3 minutes to get to work so I try to make it out the door by 4:40.

I get off work around 10 or 10:15 and I usually take my shower when I get home. Frankly I don't give a shit how I look at 5am and I'm sure as hell not getting up any earlier than absolutely necessary, I've got nobody to impress at work.

That all changes when I cover other shifts though. If I go in at 7:30 I have no problem getting up at 6 to start my day with a good breakfast and a shower with time to spare.

10. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I get up an hour or two before class, depending on what day of the week it is. Do my pushups and whatnot while the computer boots up, check my email, then start the coffee while I take a shower. I'm out of the bathroom in 15 minutes or so, which leaves me enough time to kill 2 cups of coffee while I check the weather and news. After that I brush my teeth, grab an energy bar for later, get dressed and roll out the door. If it's a Tuesday/Thursday I spend an extra hour or so reading or dicking around online since I don't have class till 1:40.

11. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wake up half an hour before I need to leave for work. Turn computer/internet on, and hop in the shower. After I shower I spend the remaining time getting dressed and visiting the usual websites (news, here, facebook, sport etc). It then takes me another half hour to get to work, which is normally enough time for me to wake up.

I've done this for the last 2 years or so now.

12. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My first alarm rings at 4:40, the next one follows at 4:55.

I wake my ass up, piss, then I apply deodorant, axe body-spray and cologne.

I'll get dressed, grab some fruit and yogurt from the fridge, and I'll arrive at the nearby Tim Horton's drive-through by about 5:15 for my coffee.

I'll be at work by 5:25, and that provides me more than enough time to prepare my life 6AM sports-cast.

Shower in the morning? Not unless I've been drinking the night before. I'll almost always shower right before bed.

13. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Every day.

#53 Nom Chompsky, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  14. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you see the bolded issue. Sometimes two of these is acceptable. But if you must do all three, you are a dirty bastard. TAKE A FUCKING SHOWER.

And don't even get me started on the underlined portion.