Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Moonlighting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Apr 28, 2011.

1. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love my moonlighting jobs, they pay for a lot of trips.
    I moonlight as a barback for an event company that does huge events, the pay is very good, the girls we hire are for the most part very hot, the guy who owns it is very hands off and lets me run the bars how I want. The hours are long but we get paid daily in cash and you get to see some cool shows.

I fix fishing reels for a fishing store in Phoenix, salt water is a bitch on equipment and most people don't do maintenance so I do. I work on the reels at my desk for my real job, this job pays in cash as well and I do 300-400 reels a year. In addition I get deeply discounted gear as a store employee

My wife is a real estate agent so we know alot of real estate people and I am hired a lot to fix minor stuff on houses, or do minor repairs for buyers or sellers, I get a few calls a month to paint or fix and it is all cash.

Pretty soon I will need to quit my day job to make time for all my side jobs.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right now I am selling a large number of coins on eBay. I have always been a collector, but I have never actually purchased a coin sober.

They were always given to me by neighbors, family, and what not. I kept the best, and then put the rest away in a closet. Recently, I dug them out and have sold a shit load of them. Just this past week I have made over 1k just on ebay, and I have made about 2.5k this past month, and probably a few more grand worth of stuff to move.

All in all it isn't that difficult, and it is really free money.

What I have started to do lately is to hit up a bank for shit loads of rolled change. Quarters, halves, dimes, all 1 grand at a time. Usually they are clear plastic wrapped, and so I can just glance over them, pull out the silver coins, and then drop them off at another bank a few blocks away.

I only do this once a week or so, and have averaged about 50 bucks worth of silver per trip. It takes only 20 min or so, and it is cathartic.

3. CarbonCopy

CarbonCopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I tutor 8th grade math. Turns out the teachers at the local school are terrible. The kids don't even know what the terms mean. "Sum of two squares" isn't a foreign language. They aren't taught to understand anything either, just perform the operations. I actually use math in my job every day so I can give real examples and I think that helps. The pay is decent. I actually have cash in my wallet because of it.

I also play in a bar band once or twice a month. This is the first band I have played with that actually makes money. I would still play for nothing because I love it, but it is nice to recoup some of the expense. The only downside is that I have decent gear and at the rate I am going it will take 3 more years to get back my investment (not important though).

I also volunteer at the local animal shelter occasionally and am a guardian ad litem (volunteer) for the state. The pay sucks.