Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

MLB 2017

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by toytoy88, Feb 10, 2017.

1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  2. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

The M's starting rotation this year was to be Hernandez, Paxton, Iwakuma, Smyly, Gallardo.

Gallardo is the only one not on the DL. One bright spot is Ben Gamel who was called up to replace the injured Haniger....in his 15th game he's batting .388 2 11.

4. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Between Taylor Motter and Ben Gamel, the Mariners have the market cornered on Joe Dirt impersonators.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

How bad are the M's hurting for a starting pitcher with 80% of their rotation on the DL?

They claimed Casey Lawrence off waivers from Toronto. He's 0-3 with a sporty 8.78 ERA.

If you're claiming Toronto's cast offs right now, I'd say you're pretty much fucked.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm going to go see both these fucked teams play tomorrow in the Fucked Bowl.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boo flipping hoo. The Braves are 12-20, worst in all of MLB. Our shining staff includes Colon and Dickey.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Talk to the Mets fans about how things are going right now. This had been a weird first month +

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It was fun to see the Jays win in person yesterday (sorry Toytoy) but more than 50% of their payroll is now on the DL. Yet wall-slamming suicidal Pillar somehow isn't one of them. What. The fuck.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Went to see the Braves-Jays game last night. Braves were up 8-3 in the 7th, and Braves pitcher Jason Motte quick pitches Kevin Pillar, and strikes him out. Inning over. I high fived the guy I was with, and then turned to chat to the nice couple from Toronto sitting next to me. The benches empty both bullpens start running in. Wtf, we all say. No idea. Later I learn that Pillar didn't like the quick pitch and calls Motte a faggot. Ooookay, everybody knows that the Braves-Jays have a fierce rivalry?

Still 8-3 in the 8th. Bautista hits a solo shot. I turn to follow the ball, and have no idea what's going on at the plate or around the bases. The Braves fan with the ball chunks it back on the field, which I also watch. I turn to the plate and both benches are emptying. Bullpens run in. Wtf, again, we all say. (Braves fans start good-nature-y shouting U-S-A. TO fans and I have a good laugh, they suggest that Bautista probably got mouthy.) Then, later I see the replay. After Bautista's home run, he stares down Braves pitcher O'Flaherty and flips his bat. Down 8-3? Jace Peterson says something to Bats, Bats hesitates in his jog, then is greeted by catcher Suzuki at the plate. In the replay, clearly Joey Bats touches his chest, says that's me, my bad, I was out of line, to which Suzuki appears to nod his head like, yep, okay, let's move on.

I really need to start taking a radio to the game, because I had no freaking clue what all was going on.

So, now, we have one more game today, between two of the worst (record0 teams in the MLB. Will the Braves' Julio Teheran stick one in Bautista's ear in his first at bat today?

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I don't see retaliation happening. Bautista with his helium voice as already said he doesn't want anything to come out of it. Suzuki did the right thing and both guys stayed mature. But, the benches cleared anyway.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

13. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

We're a month and a half into the season and I still don't have any feel for this year's Twins. My gut says they're just a middling, .500 team due mostly to inconsistency.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Wow.

Pillar suspended for 2 games.

I really didn't expect that.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't either, however
    Does it matter if Jason Motte is gay? I have no idea if he is, but if he is, would the Braves feel compelled to defend him? And, then add that to the fact that the Jays pitcher broke Freddie Freeman's wrist* last night, there might be some really hot tempers.

Motherfuck. Godammit. Freddie was a BEAST this year so far. He's done for the year. They're saying 8-10 weeks, but everybody knows a broken wrist for a hitter ruins him for the year. Crap crap crap. Obviously the Braves suck, but they're screwed from even competing much, now. And, of course, Freddie was the anchor of my fantasy team. Dammit.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Toronto - Top of 1st

Carrera flied out to left.
    Bautista hit by pitch.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bats knew it was coming, stood in there and took it, the umpire knew it was coming, everybody just dealt with it. And, then Teheran got his ass handed to him, and the Braves lost 9-0. Losing Freeman just turned their suck up to 100.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Stroman hit his first ever HR. Opposite field, too.

19. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I must say I'm liking the Yankees young* core.

*Haven't been really able to put that word in front of core for a good 15-20 years give or take.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last night, during the Braves game:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BUgNi5aFPF1

The rule is, if it's a live ball, fans will be ejected if interfering with the ball. It's very clear. The people in that section are even told. (There may be a sign there, but I can't remember.) But, now the Braves and the security guard are under fire for enforcing the rule. (Simply because he took the ball from the little kid.) People are tweeting or complaining that he should be fired, the Braves should do this or that etc. He did his job as he was clearly told to do.

If I rob a bank, and I hand the money to a homeless guy as the police are arresting me, does the guy get to keep that money? Will the public be angry with the police for doing their job?