Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

MLB 2015

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by toytoy88, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fact that Erin Andrews is hot and does the little hair toss makes that gif so much gold.

Edit: Zach, you need to post that in the WDT.

2. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A bit late due to travel & a computer issue, but I wanted to add this highlight video from the Pirates-Cardinals games last weekend. I went to the game and from Cervelli & Hurdle getting ejected in the 2nd, Burnett hitting his first homer since 2005, Kang playing to win all on his own, Rodriguez's catch in the 12th to McCutchen's walk-off homer in the bottom of the 14th for the win it was by far the most spectacular baseball game I've ever witnessed.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meanwhile, at the front office of the New York Mets . . . . . . .

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I've heard they've been talking with the Cubs about Jon Niese. Not a blockbuster by any means, but I guess it's something.

7. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am not sure what is worse. A ballclub that never has the guts to pull a trade midseason in the hopes of getting to the playoffs, or one that will bail out of a lineup each midseason that they do not have a chance to get to the playoffs. Sometime I just wish that I could buy a jersey and have the player be on the team for more than two years.

Never the less, heading to ATT Park at 3:30 to see the A's whip the Giants. Many beer bets ride on this series so good luck Oakland.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So much midseason hate.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Uh...Beane went all in last year with the deals for Lester and Samardzija and fucked up big time. Once Cespedes was out of the line up, they couldn't score runs. The A's made some HUGE deadline deals last year.

Then he traded Donaldson for Lawrie and pretty much gutted any hope they had offense. I have no idea what he's thinking. Cespedes and Donaldson were the A's offense.

11. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The trade deadline is a great way to illustrate why it blows to be a Mariners fan. As of this game, they're 7 games under .500. They are 9.5 games back of the division AND the wildcard. You spend a few minutes after every win trying to convince yourself that if they go on a 7 game run, they're right back in the thick of things, never mind the fact that they just won their first back to back games since June 30-July 1.

The GM knows he's going to be fired this year if this team doesn't make the playoffs. Personally, I think a guy that has had as much time as he's had to end a 14 year playoff drought deserves to be fired, but that's just me. What I'm going to guess happens is that there will be a trade or two for some mid-level pitcher nobody's ever heard of while the offense tries to squeak by with solo home runs. They'll win 80ish games, miss the playoffs again, while the team tries to blow optimistic sunshine up the fanbase's ass about needing only one more year.

I really hope that when Felix is 34 years old and the team is coming up on two decades of playoff futility, he doesn't burn Safeco to the ground. Although, if anybody deserves to do just that, it's Felix.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Sadly, Seattle's season went straight in to the toilet from day one of the season and it's pretty unlikely to turn around enough for a playoff spot.

Shooting Fernando Rodney would probably be a good start though. Fuck that guy. I didn't like his sideways cap wearing, arrow shooting bullshit last season when he was somewhat useful, now he's pretty much single handedly responsible for them being below .500. (He did it again today. Came in in the 8th up 6-4. Gave up 2 runs and now it's tied.) He's got 4 losses and 4 blown saves and God only knows how many fucked up outings like today's that don't have a stat attached.

Cano. I get that he's had some sort of stomach malady and his grandfather died. But he has been a huge part of the reason the M's have sucked this year. I've seen him make unbelievable mental errors on the bases that a little leaguer wouldn't make. Last I checked, he was also leading the league in GIDP. Thankfully, he seems to be coming around, but he spent the first half of the year as a rally killer.

LoMo. I like LoMo, I really do. When he's hot he can carry the team. Unfortunately, he only hot for about 2-3 weeks a season and when he's not hot, he's ice cold. Unacceptable from 1B which is a run producing position.

Zunino. Great defensive catcher. Great power. His sub Mendoza line average would be tolerable if the rest of the team could hit. They can't.

The whole roster is such a hodge podge of pieces I wouldn't even know where to begin with fixing it. If it was a building, I'd burn it down and start all over.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

15. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Why in the world would Toronto give up pitching prospects for another (Often injured) bat?

Bats are not their problem, pitching is.

Unless they plan on flipping Tulo, I don't see much sense in this other then dumping Reyes.

17. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Jose or EE is gone for a major pitching upgrade. And with Bautista's comments today regarding the trade, it looks like the writing is on the wall.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

This could be HUGE;

Reports: Dodgers land Mat Latos, Michael Morse in trade with Marlins

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's supposed to be a three-team deal with the Braves involved, too. http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article/139621142/braves-involved-in-trade-to-get-hector-olivera

Two things that are really foreign to me this season:
    - The Mets trying to make deals to improve their roster for the current playoff drive. (Although, the Gomez deal falling through cracks me up. Ha. Suck it, Mets.)
    - The Braves NOT trying to make the playoffs. It's weird. Following the Braves as a kid and watching them suck for so long, then watching the fun of all the consecutive Division crowns with some World Series and a win sprinkled in was so great. The past several years of being just out of, or frustratingly dismissed from, the playoffs has been gut wrenching. But, at least it seemed like they were trying. To watch them now intentionally not caring about 2015 or 2016 is really strange. Damn well better go big in 2017's new stadium year.

20. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed