Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

MLB 2015

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by toytoy88, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This feels like the Eagles when Vince Young christened them the Dream Team. At least the rest of the NL better hope it does.

2. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think I just saw Dioner Navarro get an infield single.
    Also the manager for the Blue Jays (John Gibbons?) looks like more of a Walleye fisherman than a major league manager. I like it.

Someone needs to start a petition to end asinine stadium noises. First on the list is that retarded whistle bird sound when the opposing team strikes out at Yankee Stadium. Combine that with Michael Kay and watching Yankee games are never an option. Second on that list is that super annoying clank clank clank sound that they do about a thousand times at Chavez Ravine. I won't watch Dodger or Yankee games because of these idiotic noises.
    That at Thom Brennamen. I almost forgot about that dick. The only thing worse than him is his father.

Anyone want to add to my list?

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Joe Morgan & Tim McCarver

4. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

How Tim McCarver ever got an announcing job is beyond me. Did he finally retire last year? God I hope so. At least with Morgan, there was that amazing blog "Fire Joe Morgan"
    Whoever wrote that deserves a pulitzer. A dude named Ken Tremendous comes to mind. I'm probably wrong.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Cubs season started off right. Can't have the heroes of the MLB season start off with a major victory. Just like the Karate Kid, they need to lose first before rising to victory.

6. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Naturally, Felix strikes out the side, but gives up a HR to Mike Trout.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How in the world do you plan so badly, that you build a stadium with a retractable roof, and then have a rain delay? Who's in charge in Miami?

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why would they win their opener in a renovated stadium that isn't finished yet? Thats amateur hour. Wait till the bleachers and bathrooms are done and then slap your dick on the table. Plus might as well putter until they bring Kris Bryant up in a few weeks and he can look even more like a conquering hero.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I'll take it, given the rest of his performance.

Thank God his spring numbers were apparently just an anomaly. Hopefully Zunino and Walker's weren't.

10. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I used to read that blog and it was awesome. The guys who wrote it are actually professional comedy writers; I believe they wrote for Parks and Recreation.

11. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the first time in ten years the Oakland Athletics are tied for first after opening day. Felix Hernandes was responsible for five of those opening day losses. I like him facing the Angels on opening day much more.

12. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Speaking of Felix, when did he get a Dodge Ram tattoo on his fucking neck?

13. ScottVanPelt

ScottVanPelt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Yeah. Michael Schur (co-creator of P&R and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, writer on The Office) was one of the main dudes. I can't remember which one was him, it might've been Ken Tremendous. That shit was hilarious.

Also hilarious: the upcoming Twins season. Started off on the right foot with an ass kicking from David Price, can't wait for more of that all year long. I'm going to the home opener next week.... I'll be blackout drunk. I hope its a gloomy cold day, just to sum up what the season is going to be like (again).

And yeah, that Trout guy is decent.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't see this earlier - in case you didn't . . .

15. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That Red Sox-Yankees game encapsulates why I love baseball.

An absolute marathon against your arch-rival; great pitching performances early on followed by a game-changer; literal last-ditch, game-tying HR in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, even if it's against your team; watching players (mainly relief guys) get stretched to their limit and still keep your team in the game; and seeing team stalwarts as well as newbies coming up big to finally cap the victory in the longest game by time in franchise history. God DAMN I loved watching all 19 innings of that game.

Now watch as everyone is half-asleep when the next game starts in 9 hours.

16. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Finally caught my first Twins game and holy fuck are they awful. Horrible pitching, horrible batting, horrible fielding; they don't even make to mediocre in any phase of the game. If what I saw is what they are, it's going to be the worst Twins team since the mid-90s Twins. I wouldn't be surprised with a 110 loss season.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Despite what looked like what would be a certain rain out, I went on to the Braves game. Things were looking good. Teams took BP, field was striped, national anthem was sung, ceremonial first pitch was tossed . . . and here comes the tarp. 50 minute rain delay . . . and then, ballgame! Braves coming to bat in the fourth . . . and 40 minute rain delay. But, then baseball! Attendance was pretty thin.
    - - - - - - - - - - -

upload_2015-4-14_9-41-45.png

As Grilli was trying to close it out in the 9th, the crowd was so small, you could hear the redneck part cry (Rick Flair's 'wooooo!') reverberate around the whole stadium. So, one guy would woooooo, then a response, then a thousand people are randomly wooooooing for the final few outs. Hilarious.

Braves win and are 6-1. I doubt they can keep this up, and don't actually expect them to win the division. But, this team has a completely different feel and attitude than the past 10 -12 years. It's about time. Woooooo!

ETA: And here's me shouting "Dyson, you suck!" - like the vacuum. I'm hilarious.
    upload_2015-4-14_10-16-53.png

#37 Rush-O-Matic, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  18. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Carter Capps has the most fucked up deliver I have ever seen
    [​IMG]

Here it is from the back showing him sticking the ball up his ass while throwing
    [​IMG]

#38 Zach, Apr 14, 2015
  19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm surprised it's legal. Its like the awful hitch Anthony Mason used to have in his FT shooting form that drew lane violations all the time

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#40 Rush-O-Matic, Apr 14, 2015