Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Missed signals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lhprop1, Apr 18, 2011.

1. slothers

slothers
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Tomato... Tomahto.

Focus: I'm not good with reading signals at all, and even if I do think there might be a one, I deny it because I have been wrong numerous times in the past. I recently had sex with a girl that was interested in me, but I had no idea until her friend told me. More girls should just help their friends get laid.

Attached Files:

2. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I wound up going to my Senior Prom with a girl I didn't know particularly well (partially because I missed the entire month of April, which was prime Prom arrangement month). We had a pretty good time, she wore the fuck out of her dress, and we wound up hanging out in a hammock together and watching the sun come up. However, nothing sexual or untoward happened, and we became pretty close that summer.

At one point, I even made a move (which I thought was super slick at the time, and, if we're being honest, still think was super slick), and she seemed unreceptive. She didn't pull away from the kiss immediately, but it was a less than 10 second affair, and there was a decided lack of passion on her end.

Anyway, later in the summer, she asks me what I'm doing the next week or so. I don't think anything of it, we're friends.

I let her know I'm pretty free, and point out that my sister's out of town. She takes this opportunity to invite herself over for dinner. Still, I think nothing of it -- after all, we ARE friends, and friends have dinner. I'm not sure why she would have waited until my sister left, but maybe she just didn't feel like sharing the space.

She comes over, we have dinner, and she's quite friendly. Still, I think absolutely nothing of it -- we're good friends, just having some pasta.

She says she wants to play a game. I concur, with nary a sexual thought in my head. It wasn't until she suggested Strip Blackjack -- probably the fastest indirect way to get naked possible -- that it ever dawned on me that she might have an interest in me. In my defense, I'm not really the type of person to make multiple moves on somebody, so there you go.

3. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not familiar with this Americanism.

4. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What country are you from? I'll find another analogy. Hah.

Nom - So, the important question is - Did you smash?

5. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

That was the night I lost my virginity.

Although, now that I think about it, she might have been fucking somebody else when I made my first move. That actually makes a lot of sense. So I guess I missed that signal too.