Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Memorial Day Weekend '16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Its going to be hot as hell in the northeast this weekend, but wife and I are going to camping with some friends. Should be a good time.

Be safe kids.

2. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm helping someone move if we don't have a hurricane.

"I got an 8 x 5 trailer!"

"You didn't measure your couch did you?"

I've come to interpret the word "vintage" to mean "ugly, bulky, and heavy as fuck."

In important news, I had a roasted jalapeno burger with habanero sauce yesterday and I haven't shit scalding hot paste. This is a win. High 5s all around, folks. What a glorious day.

[​IMG]

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dropped little doogie off at my parents for the week, so I've got the weekend to myself.

Going to throw a 10lb shoulder in the electric smoker overnight for some friends to come over Saturday morning for a building project. I told them to tell all of their SOs that it would be an all day affair; but in reality should only take us an hour to assemble which will give us the rest of the day to sit around drinking beer and eating smoked meat.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Keep in mind, everybody. memorial day is not veterans day. It's not a day to thank those in the military for their service, or celebrate 'Merica with high fives and fireworks. It's a day to remember those who died fighting.

On a lighter note, I woke up with some intense bowel pain in the middle of the night. Tried to poop for like an hour and a half to no avail, before farting for another hour or so and then falling asleep again at like 4. I wonder if I'm maybe developing lactose intolerance? My wife said that's what happens to her when she drinks milk.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

This should be celebrated every day.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

First party weekend at the lake since I stopped drinking, and first weekend doing anything since I quit smoking. My 1 year is in a few days. Should be fun. I've got a shitload of NA Beer on hand (Odouls is crap but some of it is delicious).

Sounds like I'm gonna be the DD with the boats, fucking people up on tubes and in general trying to avoid the nautical mayhem that is amateur hour on big weekends like. On our lake everyone who's never driven in 5 years, rents a boat, gets fucked up on a case of mikes hard lemonade, and then thinks its a good idea to get at the helm of something that weighs tens of thousands of pounds, can go highway speeds, and doesn't have breaks.

7. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

It's my mother-in-law's birthday today. Is an appropriate birthday message: "Happy birthday you drunken bitch. Hope you enjoy your day of giving my kid's toys to your fucking cat"?

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Definitely.

I just have to make it through one more shift and I am free til Sunday evening. I can't friggin wait. Work has been unbearable lately and I need a mental break. Maybe I'll burn some shit in the backyard tonight. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Burning shit and drinking a beer on the back patio. As it is written, it shall be done.

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I brought the latest batch of my pickled eggs down to the bar yesterday at Happy Hour. Holy Crap they came out great, easily the best batch I've ever made. Guys who don't eat pickled eggs ate pickled eggs.

This should be a great weekend - we've got the wedding tonight with all of our neighborhood friends. Sunday is another neighborhood party - The Annual Burning of Last Year's Christmas Tree, which will involve lots of food, booze and of course, fire. Then Monday we have a party down at our beach. Include a Saturday of sleeping late and a little yard work and we've got a fun weekend.

10. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have some work meetings today but then it's an actual weekend off, which is rare for me. Going to be larping in the heat, which will be kind of rough but should be a fun event. Then XMen on Sunday with some friends, girlfriend, and this cute girl we all just met. Monday is maybe a few phonecalls but mostly is hanging out with a cool girl who lives a couple hours North so it's normally a pain in the ass except on days off.

Then a super busy week cometh. I think, of all the things in the world, I'm super excited to try and carve out some time to declutter over the next couple of weeks. Clear the decks, as it were, before the baby comes. Due in mid-July but the doctors think she might come as early as mid-June so we're heading down the home stretch.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Don't make the mistake I did. My son was due on or around my birthday. I had a feeling he was going to be early (because I come early *rimshot*), but even still I didn't have everything all ready. Of course, little dude shows up little over a month before he was fully baked and the house wasn't ready for shit.

Nothing like having to try to get everything all settled for your new screaming kid when you're working on 2-4 hours of sleep a night.

12. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I think next week is a lot of getting shit done just in case.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Plus boobs, though, right?

upload_2016-5-27_12-6-21.png

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup fuck that noise. I'm just relaxing, gunsmithing and gardening this weekend, but headed back to the Boundary Waters for a canoeing trip next week. Not only are there no motor boats for miles around, but people too. It's the best.

[​IMG]

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like heaven. I grew up on boats basically, sailing around the carribean and virgin islands, small places that aren't on a map. Boating is common sense to me. How they move, how to stop them, how the wind and waves and currents affect them, just the physics of it makes sense and is kinda ingrained in me. I feel a lot more comfortable behind a helm than behind a wheel, to say the least.

Every major holiday weekend, someone always dies on our lake. Without going into too much detail, there was a fairly famous boating accident (because of the names involved) that went all over the news. People don't understand that alcohol affects you differently on water than it does on land. And boats don't just magically stop either, even if you throw it into reverse. I've seen way too many boating accidents and helped (or at least tried to save) way too many people on weekends like this to not get a little nervous about going out on the water with all these shitheads.

And now our cat is stalking a turkey in the yard. Just found my entertainment for the next 20 minutes.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If there's a ton of idiot boat traffic, I'd rather just sit on the dock with a beer. It ain't worth it.

Please tell me it's a huge tom twice the size of kitty too.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

It's a tom, not huge but big enough. It was putting its tail feathers up and making all kinds of noise trying to scare the cat. Didn't work and eventually it fucked off when she got too close.

She really enjoys fucking with the deer around here. Sneaks up and scares the crap outta them. I'm waiting for the day one of them gets tired of her shit and turns the tables.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    No kidding. I grew up on a huge lake and every major weekend it was the same thing...drunk idiots piloting craft they had no idea how to operate. It was an absolute shit show. In the same vein, just like hunting season turned into up there...scores of city folks in their LL Bean get ups who had no idea what they were doing. If a bush rattled, they'd pump it full of lead.

Truly dangerous idiots.

19. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The concept of just blasting away in the direction of a sound you heard or the sight of movement is baffling but you know there's the fuckwits out there who do it. I am so, so glad I don't need to worry about hunting deer and turkeys on public land anymore. Pheasant hunting is fine because you can at least see where other groups are across a field and blaze orange is mandated. But turkey hunting in full camo in the woods, or deer hunting with the Orange Army? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

20. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will be badgering tourists into drinking more, judging women who wear white sunglasses and trying to be pleasant. I have to work Thurs-Mon at the bar and that is a lot of nights in a row to be nice.
    I have not had a weekend off since November so June can not come fast enough.

And no bitch in the romper that is up your ass we don't have Prosecco, this is a saloon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.