Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Mel Gibson is fucking insane.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E. Tuffmen, Jul 12, 2010.

1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

In case anyone cares, there is some speculation whether the tapes were altered and touched up:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/mel-gibson-tapes-tampered-11169063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/mel-gib ... d-11169063</a>

Not to say that Mel Gibson isn't one whacked out crazy person who spews vitriol constantly...but this might prove just how manipulative his lady is. No one deserves being socked in the face, but she might (is) still be a gold digging ho.

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You wouldn't think someone on the view would stick up for old Mel but Whoopi has got his back.

<a class="postlink" href="http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201007/59451.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entert ... /59451.php</a>

I'm pretty sure Osgana or whatever the fuck her name is taped the phone calls to be submitted into evidence against the maniac but I am curious on how they got released to the media.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The feeling I get is that she wants certain things from him and these tapes are punishment. He'll start asking how high when she says to jump, or more tapes (or pictures, etc) will be released.

4. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you can't bash your imported Russian bride whats the point of them?

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anytime anyone either proclaims themselves, or is exposed, as ultra-religious, you may as well start the countdown for the insanity to begin.

As voyeuristic as it may be be, I'm maddeningly curious as to why ole Mel has spiraled out of control these past 5-10 years or so. Is he just used to having overwhelming approval for those around him? Bitter about something of which we are unaware? Suffering from early onset dementia? His mental illness isn't being treated properly? Seriously, he acts like family members of mine when they go off their medication.

6. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I tend to agree with this in theory, I'm interested in people who are amazing at what they do, and when that is so at the expense of the rest of who they are as human beings, I find it kind of fascinating. OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson, Polanski, even Ted Kennedy. I do find their transgressions unforgivable, and agree that they should be/should've been punished like any other criminal, but their achievements are interesting to me.

Not trying to get into a debate about his skill as an actor, hell, I've enjoyed some of his movies as much as the next guy. I even think he was a fantastic Hamlet. But in terms of lasting impact, I don't think ol' Mel has ever done anything so amazing that it outshines or overshadows spousal abuse or insane racist ranting. I'm not really interested in him, he's just another psycho religious freak with too much money, and his bizarre repressed bullshit is coming completely undone. Yawn.

For those of you yammering on about the woman being a gold digger, try to remember that while that may totally be so, gold diggers are just another run of the mill type of lame human, and there are so many types out there. They don't hurt anyone except the idiot stupid enough to fall for such a transparent ego stroke, and I have no sympathy for that guy at all.

What Gibson is accused of, and slowly proving with these tapes, is a completely different animal. Just because a woman is a bitch doesn't mean you get to beat the shit out of her. So you got a bitch knocked up, no one cares, you're the dumbass.

Punch her in the face?

Okay, now you've got our attention, asshole. And we still don't give a shit whether she's a bitch or not.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OK, am I the only one who thinks there is a possibility that those sound bytes may have been doctored (bewildered, I couldn't read your link)?
    How do we know that any of this is real? Hmmm???
    And even if it is, SO WHAT?
    Isn't this the same board where I heard a bunch of people saying that Tiger Woods should tell everyone to fuck off in referrence to his personal activities?

8. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

If the evidence presented was that Mel drunkenly told a cop about how much he liked having sex with jews, and then at a later date told his ex over the phone that his having sex with her mouth wasn't a reason for her to get a restraining order against him... I'd probably be more in the 'leave the poor bastard alone' camp.

I suppose it's kind of arbitrary - but while I don't give a shit about who an artist has consensual sex with, even if he is married to someone else, I do give a shit about racism and spousal abuse. I'm pretty comfortable with my decision to continue to support artists who engage in adultery, while withdrawing my support from racists who beat their partners.

Also... try doctoring a conversation some time. Get a sound engineer to doctor a conversation even. If someone doctored a sane and rational conversation into the conversation that's getting played - they deserve a fucking oscar. I mean a technical oscar, not one that anyone will care about - but still a fucking oscar.

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At the same time, though, it does seem doctored a bit. I've heard some of the tapes, and it's pretty obvious that while he's on the phone, she's not, or not being recorded as such. Maybe she had him on speaker and a voice recorder. But from what I heard, her responses don't really match what he's saying.

This shit he said was horrific, and there was serious malice in his voice, and she's all calm and answering in short sentences.

My guess is that she took out whatever her real audio was, and put in stuff that sounded more rational and non-confrontational. The morning show I listen to was commenting on how easy it would be to doctor a back and forth screaming match into what you hear on the tapes. It's the type of shit they do every day, and since there's a couple new members on that show, they're also newbies at audio editing.

Which doesn't excuse any of his shit.

10. rbz90

rbz90
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

She doesn't need to doctor anything. He is clearly an asshole and also he most likely has some sort of chemical imbalance by the sound of it. If any of us got in an argument with someone which they were recording and we didn't know, nobody here would come off well. She knows exactly what buttons to push (plus you don't know what was said before she started recording) and then she can just sit back and play the saint.

He clearly is a piece of shit, but this woman is a home-wrecker and a gold digger. Also if he cracked her in the mouth how come there's no evidence of that? You're telling me you are willing to make tapes of this intimate argument but not supply a photo of your busted grill? Please.

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Mel is just a man ahead of his time. In that, this shit may have been acceptable in the 40s or 50s.

Clearly, he has some mammoth issues. None of which are excusable. With the assets he has at his disposal, you would think that something to effectively address those would have been done by now. I can only conclude that he either doesn't think his behaviour is unacceptable (meaning he's terminally faked past regret) or he's actively resisting dealing with whatever the hell is the root of his issue. Given the circumstances, I'm going to have surmise it's the former. Either way, he's charcoaled the goose.

As an aside, America can have him back. I know we claimed him (it's what Aussies do), but he was born in the USA. All yours.

12. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Such a high-minded Roman Catholic. He could have been a priest.

13. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

There are reports that her dentist had to take pictures to match her veneers. He said he didn't report it as he should have by law because she cited DR patient confidentially. Reports are that she told him what had happened and allowed the pics, although I don't think she allowed her entire face, just the lower half. EDIT: Per the pics, apparently not.

I don't know what's true and what's not. What I do know is abuse, in any form, is wrong and eventually ends up hurting someone, in some way.

If he did the things she's accused him of God help him. If she's made the entire thing up then I hope she gets what the law says she deserves.

The biggest losers out of all of this mess no matter what happens? Her teenage son and their daughter.

14. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ask and ye shall receive:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/world-exclusive-photo-oksana-after-she-says-mel-gibson-punched-her-mouth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... -her-mouth</a>

15. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What are you guys blathering about Mel is the shit. He's just doing his part in progressing the Master Plan. Fucking Jews fucking everything up ever.

16. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Imagine if this whole thing were some weird agreement between this woman and Gibson to throw him back in the Hollywood spotlight after his earlier transgressions? She comes out with a bunch of tapes that make him look like a nutbag, the world reviles him, the tapes turn out to be completely fake, the world feels guilty and takes pity on him, and somehow he makes 500 million dollars. He cuts her a check, she slinks off into a corner somewhere and lives out her life in luxury, and Mel is back on top.

It would be the most retarded plan ever. Which is why no one would see it coming.

17. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm torn on this one. On one hand he's a douchebag for hitting the woman who wrecked his 28 year old marriage and saying a lot of stuff that offends a lot of people.

On the other hand, I really wanted Mad Max 4 to get the green light.

Damn you Mel Gibson for ruining your career, you selfish dickhead.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That whole tape was taken way out of context.

Here's the original.

#38 Nettdata, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Is it me, or does Oksana look like Octomom?

I mean, Octomom with 2 missing front teeth.

20. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck yes .... she does, minus about 100 pounds ?