Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Mel Gibson is fucking insane.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E. Tuffmen, Jul 12, 2010.

1. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, just wow

Someone needs to come up with a focus for this, because there are no words.

I think the focus is obvious here. Discuss the craziness that is unfolding day by day by day.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I figure it's about time we addressed all this crazy.

3. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The awkwardness of him trying to protect himself due to the anti-semitic comments he made a few years back is fucking comedic gold.

Total loon.

#3 ex Animo, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

This may be true and all but how fucking stupid is he for doing it? Whether it's true or not, whether he wacked her* or not doesn't really matter at this point. He fucked himself by being stupid and flip about the things he was doing and saying.

He was about to release a movie in like September for fuck sake and now the production company (owned by Jodie Foster BTW) doesn't know what the hell to do with it.

And I think I'm retarded. Jesus.

*For the record, I think he did and even though Payback is one of my top five loved movies I'm still disappointed about all of this shit. Porter what were ya thinkin'?

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly, his lunatic rants are more passionate than anything he's said in any movie...ever. He gets to the point where he's breathing so hard he can't even fucking talk and his logic is so far out of bounds that anything is fair game. I'm actually interested to see what group he goes after next. My guess? Domestic house cats. He'll make some connection that will eventually devolve into him telling his wife that she should shit in a box like the animal that she is.

I desperately hope that in the days to come, a video is released of him throwing himself on his bed and recklessly stabbing at his anus with a remote control, because at this point, judging by the nature of his conversations thus far, that's the next logical step.

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Before this begins, this is not a thread to debate his acting abilities.

7. RoosterCogburn

RoosterCogburn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

He has to eat shit for it because it's fucking insane. It's not like he's presenting rational, well-reasoned arguments here. I believe that everyone has the right to express their opinion, and that expression should never be suppressed. However, I also believe that if expressing your opinion reveals you to be a lunatic or an idiot or a racist, you should be harangued and ridiculed for it. So express at your own risk.

And you know why no one should leave the guy alone? Because he's a fucking celebrity. If he wanted to be left alone he wouldn't be publicly airing his (insane) opinions. Tough shit.

8. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In his defense, he's not publically airing his opinions, Radar Online obtained the tapes and are releasing them. It's not like he's on a street corner with a bullhorn calling his wife a cunt-whore and yelling about wetbacks. He probably never thought that these conversations would see the light of day, and that's why he chose to speak so...freely.

Edit: This is not, however, a defense of the language of his conversations. We're getting an in-depth and detailed look at how he really feels about people, and he's pretty much the biggest douche bag walking right now. He hit his wife while she was holding her child. C'mon...where's the line with him? Fire? Shooting (above the waist--you know he'd knee cap a bitch)?

9. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

California has a two party consent law. These tapes are essentially being used to destroy his already shaky career, seeing they're not admissible in court and I think felonies for having been recorded.

As a man, I do have to say, that woman is WICKED. She baited him, led him on, and just as he'd cool down twist the dagger to amp him up again. His ex wife has to be rolling laughing.

Gibson is done. He's whacked. He essentially admits to hitting this woman while she's holding a child, saying she deserved it. He refers to niggers and wetbacks, on top of him already having pissed the Jews off. Says he needs to hit her in the head with a bat, can have her killed and will bury her in the rose garden, and will burn the house down? Twelve minutes so far of comedic gold. I listened to it the first time on morning radio and thought it was a joke.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Actually she's not. She's given the police dept a written statement saying that during the duration of their 28 (I believe) years of marriage he was never violent towards her or their kids. She even goes on to say he was/is a wonderful Father to their kids. Apparently she is well respected in the Hollywood scene so reports are that this could really help his cause. We shall see.

11. RoosterCogburn

RoosterCogburn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

True. But as a celebrity, particularly a celebrity who a) has been around for a long time and b) has had this sort of thing happen (multiple times) before, he should be aware of the fact that anything he says that is recorded in any way has the potential to reach the public and act accordingly, i.e., don't say insane shit on record.

My opinion on the subject as a whole? Don't give a shit. I like Gibson as an actor but I've got plenty of stuff to think about besides some raving douche.

12. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Honestly, I think he's a lunatic but what I really wonder about is what the catalyst is for all of this intense anger. It's sad to see someone so out of control. I feel kind of guilty as a woman to think that him threatening to burn down her house "but you'll blow me first" is funny. He really loves his blowjobs.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2010/07/mel-gibson-really-loves-blow-jobs/

13. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He belongs in prison, period. If he hit his wife while she was holding his kid I hope they lock him up. Can anyone tell me why this conversation was being recorded? I think this guy is a total maniac but I also think she is a most likely a gold digging bitch. Of course maybe she did just fall in love with a guy who is 20 years older than her and a father of like (isn't it seven??) however many kids, sure I buy that it had nothing to do with the money.

Also what happened to Mel's Aussie accent? I couldn't find it anywhere, in between the very heavy breathing (someone get him an inhaler) and ranting there was not one g'day or even a mate! This guy clearly need's to go back to rehab.

R.I.P.-

1. William Wallace
    2. Mad Max
    3. Martin Riggs
    4. Benjamin Martin
    5. Porter

This guy had some of the best characters of all time, well he flushed them down the drain. To bad he only made like 300 million off Passion of the Christ, how will he get by?

Your in my house honey and your right to not trust Alicia she wants to blow me.....

14. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not entirely. I was listening to the owner (or something of the sort) of radar online and he said there was a loophole; while California is a two party state, one party recordings are admissible in court if ones life is threatened.

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is a wild, wild difference between anti-semitism and criticism of Israel. Sure, there are morons who would like to pretend otherwise, but going on a raging drunken rant about Jews - and then trying to deny those comments were made - is of its own accord a mental illness. Similarly, one can advocate for removing a hereditary monarch from the position of head of state, and one can claim that those monarchs are shape-shifting alien reptiles. Quite different.

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's an actor, and plays characters in movies. Many of which I like and will continue to.

Beyond that, I don't care about his personal life.

17. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I don't watch Roman Polanski movies... I don't even download them, because I don't want to even tacitly support a guy who raped at least one kid. Regardless of the quality of his art.

I'm probably not as convinced that Mel Gibson is an anti-semitic spouse abuser as I am that Roman Polanski raped a kid... but it's getting pretty close - and I'm not sure that I'm interested in even tacitly supporting his career, with my money or even with my attention, if the allegations hold any water at all. One or two crazy drunken rants might pass off as wow, dude needs new fucking meds. But he's getting pretty close to the 'too fucked up to deal with' threshold.

Also - Assuming for the moment that her claims about him punching her in the face are true, props to the ex for getting him wound up enough to crucify himself. That's some straight up genius from a battered spouse right there.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guess what we're not doing in this thread? Listening to a handful of people who know even less about Israel than that kid back in high school who was 1/8 Jewish and went on a Birthright trip because it sounded like an awesome opportunity to drink and fuck hot Jewish girls, argue about Israel.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

As far as body of works go, Polanski is every bit as good as Scorsese. He made Knife in the Water, Rosemary's Baby, MacBeth, The Tennant, The Pianist, The Fearless Vampire Killers, Frantic, Chinatown, and best of all Repulsion. All classic, staggering works of cinema. He escaped the Krakow ghetto as a child, as his impossibly gorgeous wife has murdered 9 months pregnant by the Manson family (while he was cheating on her).

He also fed a 13 year old girl a Vitamin Q and fucked her up the ass while she was passed out. That's unforgivable. Ted Kennedy killed a girl drunk driving and didn't report it until he sobered up. That's unforgivable. If Mel Gibson punched out his better half and is a rascist asshole, that's unforgivable.

Impressive life of work? Yes. But assholes? Hell yes.

20. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Regardless of what happens to his career, no doubt he has made enough money so far to cry all the way to the bank and back for the rest of his life , the biggest blow will be to his gigantic ego.

Marlon Brando fell into the same trap with his criticism of Jews in Hollywood.