Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

McRib and other pseudo-foods...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Binary, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

During high school, I flipped burgers at McDonalds (although, it was during the time when they phased in the clam shell cookers so once they came in there was no more actual flipping).

When the McRib first came in, we all collectively decided "that's fucking nasty". Then we saw what the sauce could do. That shit would stain everything. If it stayed there long enough (a few hours) it would even mark stainless steel. No way was I letting it get a chance to do anything to my stomach.

2. Vaquero

Vaquero
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

If there is anything to ever say about Austin, is that when you drive by the Hormel plant it will never smell the same twice in a day, let alone during the week. The Culver's in town did serve a Spamburger last time I was through there, though. Between having Finnish and Norwegian roots I know that there are many odd kinds of food looking delicacies. Pickled herring and lutefisk being a few of the fish based things I've eaten growing up. I will gladly eat a quart of herring before I endure Velveeta. That stuff looks like mustard colored spackle.

3. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Best part rolls in just before the 2:00 mark.

#23 toejam, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The McRib tastes excellent when you are stoned. Try it.

All you McDonald haters can suck it. $1 double cheeseburgers with big mac sauce are fucking delicious. You can also get 20 piece mcnuggets for $5. Accompanied with buffalo sauce those fried meat chunks are heavenly.

5. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Agreed - but for Deviled Ham (aka Potted Meat). I used to eat that crap all the time when I was younger. White bread, mayo and half a can of that was the perfect sandwich. I am slightly horrified that I used to eat now - maybe that's the reason I eventually became a vegetarian.

[​IMG]

But, I do love that little devil on the can.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's probably called Devil's Ham because it feels like a pitchfork in your ass when it exits.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

McRibs are created from blending pigeon wings and possum foreskin. I am astonished at how many knuckle-dragging fatasses still shove this metabolic nuke into their drooling pie holes. You might as well eat the contents of an ashtray, they have about the same shade of gray and quality of health content. That food lights up a cigarette in your stomach and hotboxes the motherfucker.

I am convinced that Pork Rinds are made out of ground-up spent fuel rods. They don't taste "good", even on drunk football game finger food standards. Chips or nachos too fucking expensive to spring for, Moneybags Mahoney? I rarely see them up here but in the States they're everywhere (much like bowling alleys). They taste like unclean asshole interior and look like fossilized seagull turds. Pass.

8. captainjackass

captainjackass
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Am I the only one here who would gladly inhale a McRib?

Sure, it's mediocre shit that will probably sit in your colon for a week, but so is Domino's pizza: it's a tasty, chemical-phosphate laden, mediocre indulgence of sugar, sodium, and meat-like product.

You know it's shit but also kinda good, like that used up slut at the bar, after you've had six beers and a couple whiskey sours. You know you shouldn't, you know it's bad for your health, you know it's mediocre --- but you are a little curious, and your biological-simian impulses get the better of you.

It may also be the fact that I'm on a cyclical carb diet, and am currently hungry, but come this weekend I might even pig out and get one.

9. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

On the spam/pigs feet/etc tangent: During my illustrious 13 year career in supermarkets, the one grocery item* that gave me the worst willies was this:
    [​IMG]
    What the hell is this crap, anyway?

*=The worst item overall was when I had to slice head cheese in the deli. "I'll take a pound of that vile ichor that looks and feels like part of some Lovecraftian thing we don't want to know exists, let alone eat."

10. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw this at a cafe in a tiny town in north-central Minnesota on Sunday. How timely.

[​IMG]

Only here. Yah you betcha.