Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

March Madness 2014

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Clutch, Mar 20, 2014.

1. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It was so refreshing to see the refs swallow their whistles on that last play. 70% of Craft's offense is barreling out of control through the lane and get bailed out on bogus foul calls.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Canadian question:

From what I gathered here, the most hated fans in NCAA football has to be Notre Dame. What about basketball? When I read shitty Internet articles everyone says Duke is asshole central for fans.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In my experience Duke is the most hated team by far.

I'm pretty optimistic about Wisconsin's chances this year. They beat two of the number 1 seeds in the regular season, and while not totally consistent had a pretty damn good season. Of course they are still a bit of a dark horse, but it's the best team they've had in a long time.

4. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I might give that nod to Kentucky fans because most Wildcat fans I've interacted with act like the basketball team is the only good thing going for them in their lives. Did you see ever see "Friday Night Lights?" That's what their fans are like.

I mean, listen to this clown:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oPf59ogPhs

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If it wasnt Kentucky I would think that was a Kimmel-style prank. How can retards as big this actually exist?

He actually is pissed about a UNIVERSITY putting research and education first. Hurrr Hurrr

Ho. Lee. Shit. How did this ding-dong even know how to dial the number on the phone? But again: Kentucky. The only state I've ever visited where I didn't like the residents.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, it's not really even close. For most college basketball fans, their two most hated teams are their alma mater's biggest rival and Duke. Doesn't matter what conference their team plays in or where in the country they live, everyone hates Duke.

7. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Christ Ennis, you've been driving to the hoop the whole end of the game, getting that awesome and 1, but yet on the last two biggest shots you decide to pull up and take the jumper. Good job.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Duke is far and away the most popular NCAA team around here. And their fans I think are REALLY obnoxious. That shit they do with their hands for distraction....just watch the game and await nepotism.

Scoreboard, bitches.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

...seriously, it looks like they're paying homage to Hitler.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Duke is annoying but over the hill, which means its easy to ignore them. Kentucky on the other hand, is all that is wrong with college athletics. Last recruiting year, they got the top 5 recruits, all of them. I'm sure they didn't pay these players anything, I'm sure they chose UK because of the campus, the coach, and because they appreciate the great state of Kentucky. I'm sure they didn't go there only because of the vast sums of cash they received.

So one caveat for all you guys, I hate Kentucky because my three siblings went to IU-Bloomington.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's funny, even since I was a kid Kentucky has had a powerhouse basketball squad. And since I was a kid I always wanted to ask:

"This is a very picturesque state is chock full of dumb, hot, angry racist rednecks with a complete aversion to blacks. Why would ANY black person enter this state, much less go to school there?"

I know nothing about KU's campus, student population or appeal. What I do know is that recording I heard yesterday was the dumbest thing I've heard in a year.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm convinced people would hate Kansas more if they knew them better. Their fans act like college basketball is the only sport that exists and regardless of how the team performed that year always pick them to win it all in their brackets. They also make the stupidest excuses when their team loses and a lot of the fans I knew wouldn't watch the finals because it was 'bullshit with nobodies' after Kansas got knocked out. As far as college sports go they're the most annoying fan base I'm familiar with.

Speaking of Kansas, that reminds me. What the fuck was with the seeding this year? Did Kansas really deserve a 2 seed after losing 9 times in the regular season. Yeah, they had a fairly tough schedule, but that's still 9 losses. How the fuck did Louisville get bumped all the way to a 4 seed after finishing the season so well and being ranked 5th overall? It's not like they didn't beat any ranked teams. I guess most teams were about where they should have been, but a few of those seeds were strange.

12. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Wow, trying not to look ahead, but Florida is getting some help. If Stephen A. Austin pulls off another upset, good lord.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HA HA HA. Fuck you, Kansas.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some low seeds in the elite 8, but I think the only real surprise is Dayton. It could be easily argued that Kentucky and UConn were under seeded, not to mention they're both traditionally strong programs. I of course wish someone had done Wisconsin a favor and knocked off Arizona. 3 big ten teams in the elite 8 though, not bad.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wisconsin to the final four, bitches!

Am I the only one still paying attention to this tournament?

16. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope. I'm still watching but keep most of my comments to Twitter and Facebook.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Personally I think it will come down to Florida or Wisconsin. A lot of interesting surprises this year though, it's anybody's guess.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What sort of bonus does an athletics department get for making the Final Four? I'm guessing it probably depends on the school, too.

19. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If Florida beats UConn and then goes on to beat UK in the final, they'll have won it all without running into a #1, #2, or #3 seed. That would have to be a first.