Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

March Madness 2013

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shabamon, Mar 6, 2013.

1. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You watching the same Syracuse I am? Because I saw them beat a #2 seed and give the overall #1 seed some serious trouble.

2. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Good for them if they came together during the Big East tourney. I still don't like the way they ended the regular season.

Oh, yeah. Suck it, Calipari!

3. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of Syracuse...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21918301/syracuse-hoops-under-investigation-by-ncaa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... on-by-ncaa</a>
    <a class="postlink" href="http://dystnow.com/2013/03/20/story-cont-syracuse-basketball-still-under-investigation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://dystnow.com/2013/03/20/story-con ... stigation/</a>

4. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

CBS's entire March Madness site shit the bed right before their deadline. Good job guys, looks like someone's getting fired.

5. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Louisville, Georgetown, Ohio State, Indiana. Indiana over Ohio State.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Duke because of their Maryland loss in the ACC tournament. Not one of the six ESPN experts had Duke in the E8. Team is still nasty, especially with Kelly back. This is a team that knocked off Kentucky (pre-Noel Kerlens' exploded knee), Louisville and Ohio State early in the season, while they were all Top 5 and everyone was healthy, and handled Miami late in the season. When Duke has struggled they have been Kelly-less, which is expected. Still mad talented.

I have Florida with an early exit against UCLA.

Oregon to the Sweet 16, book it.

Georgetown, you better not shit on my bracket again.

6. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: March Madness 2013

Tried watching some of the Spartan game online and the website is a fucking mess, wouldn't load and then when it finally did I got about 30 seconds of video before it crashed, way to go CBS.

7. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just watch via this:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/</a>

Use Incognito mode and you can bypass the 4 hour viewing limit.

8. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Oh shit Davidson.

Also, it's going to happen at some point. Maybe Southern can be the one to do it. Although it would be kind of terrible because it would make it so much harder for teams outside power conferences to grab any more #1 seeds.

9. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Well, if there was a creative way to blow it, Davidson sure found it. Why go for the homerun there?

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As I've articulated on this board a bit, I'm a diehard Marquette fan. Been my favorite sports team since I was 3, and I have no idea how they won that. I've not seen that team shoot that bad all year. We all know they are not a good 3 point shooting team, but I was literally sitting in stunned silence in response to their shooting woes, even in the paint. I wasn't even mad, I was too thunderstruck to be.

Deadspin had clips of the last minute, and swear to god, I remembered about half of it at most. Stress related blackout. I somehow kept the profanity to a minimum, but I'm sure I looked like a jackass celebrating in the main area of my office, but no fucks are given. Win any way possible and advance. Davidson played great, they were hitting EVERYTHING for awhile, but somehow, no idea. God I love March.

Also, St Louis looks tough as advertised, Oklahoma State remains beyond confusing, and Pitt sucks. Enjoy the ACC assholes.

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In news that should surprise no one very much, Georgetown and Pitt both get bounced in their first game.

Also, Otto Porter, Anthony Bennett and and Marcus Smart join Nerlens Noel and Alex Len as potential top-10 draft picks watching most of the tourney at home. Muhammad is no lock to lead UCLA past Minnesota, either.

12. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've got Minnesota beating UCLA. The Gophs look dangerous and I don't trust this UCLA team no matter how good Muhammed is. I've got Florida going to the Final Four. This is a risky pick and not a popular one but I think Florida is underrated and poised to go on a run. Donovan is damn good come tournament time.

13. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We are who we thought we were.

I've seen a lot of brackets with Florida in the Final Four. It's not exactly unpopular.

14. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've got Florida in my final four.....and I have KU basketball season tickets.

15. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Imma let you finish, but I gotta gloat real quick on this one, since these ballsy moves never work in my favor.

Marquette games have nearly given me an aneurysm both times. Incredible.

16. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So FGCU is officially for real... First ever 15 seed in the Sweet 16.

17. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OMFGCU! Enjoy it while it lasts.

Florida is about to take a huge dump in your slipper, Cinderella.

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Team who shall not be named vs The Udder School tonight, gonna be a close game for sure, Plumlee is gonna have a hard time with Nix.

19. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We are all Cardinals.

Worst leg injury I've ever seen.

20. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Well, it wasn't for nothing, they won the title in the end. It was a good game outside a handful of bad calls and no calls in the last 5 min or so. Hancock sealed the deal for them with his two 3's at the end too boot.

To be honest once Wichita lost I was done.