Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

March Madness 2011

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Diablo, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ScottVanPelt

ScottVanPelt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

We get it. You're way too cool for Bill Simmons.

And yes, with a talented roster of Kevin Ollie, Aaron McKie, George Lynch, Raja Bell, Eric Snow, Rodney Buford, Jumaine Jones, Tyrone Hill, Todd MacColluch, Matt Geiger, and Dikembe Mutumbo, we can see how wildly different that Sixers team is from the BYU team.

PS: My bracket might have been fucked a while ago, but at least Duke can eat a big fat dick. See ya never, Kyle Singler.

2. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just had to pop in and make sure everyone was aware I'm leading the bracket pool. Final Four still intact, baby!

3. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a Florida Gator fan, I never understood all the hatred and vitriol directed at Tim Tebow until last night. Fredette seems like a nice kid, but fuck I never want to hear his name again.

I blame the coverage, not the kid.

4. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And if you think Fredette got even a fraction of the media-fueled public ball-gargling that Tebow did, you're kidding yourself.

5. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, I was just speaking in terms of the past couple days.

Remind me though, how many national championships did Jimmer win again?

Other than being white, over-hyped and sporting a shitty haircut, they didnt share much in common at all.

6. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't forget about them both claiming to be virgins.

7. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, idiot, I'm just saying that he's fun to read for pure enjoyment, but his statements should not be interpreted as serious sports analysis.

Bitter Sixers fan, huh? Anyways, you forgot about Andre Iguodala, Derrick Coleman, Jerry Stackhouse, Chris Webber, and Glenn Robinson, all scorers who Iverson was unable to co-exist with.

Hell, even someone like Mutombo was a solid interior scorer who should have been averaging career highs in ppg on the Sixers, but didn't.

Meanwhile, Jimmer has never played with anyone even remotely good enough to get to the NBA. If and when he gets on an NBA team and becomes a non-stop gunner, then you and Boston Billy will have a point with the Iverson comparison.

8. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Brandon Knight, I want to mail you flowers

9. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FUUUUCCCKKKK!

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That Butler-Florida game was one of the best basketball games I've ever watched. Great coaching, and it seemed like every player on both teams stepped up and made a huge play at one point or another. The strange way some of those free-throws managed to fall makes me think there is a higher power out there who's a Butler fan.

The only thing that would have made it better is if Reggie Miller would have just shut the fuck up. How long did he bitch about Smith (who had 4 fouls) not fouling the shitty free throw shooter? Then he says that Florida should have gone inside at the end of overtime when they were down 3 with 10 seconds left.

11. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great game, but horrible coaching by Donovan.

What the fuck were those plays at the end of regulation and OT? Who drew those up? It's almost like he said..."Hmmm...we've been dominating inside all day long, so let's just jack up some shots from 30'." I am not saying pound in inside to a 50% FT shooter

Horrible game by Parsons and horrible rebounding by Florida. Too many easy shots given up on the defensive end. If you're going to dominate inside on offense, the only reason you don't on defense and the offensive boards is effort.

Credit to Butler. They were on the ropes a couple times and they came back.

12. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

As a Michigan State fan, watching Butler advance to the Final Four the second year in a row after beating you is like watching your ex-girlfriend date a rich famous guy after dumping you for not being good enough. This kinda sucks, but when the alternative was watching the fucking Gators get there, I guess it's not so bad.

I'll concur, that was a frenzy of a finish. I can't remember watching basketball that exciting in a while. You gotta hand it to Brad Stevens and these Butler Bulldogs, what a team and what heart -- they never fucking back down. Now that that asshole is in his second straight Final Four I'll admit that last year wasn't just a cinderella run and that they are that good.

13. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was one of the more entertaining games in the tournament, but it was sloppy as shit on both sides of the ball. They made for a hell of a finish, but the number of missed shots over the course of the game was almost painful to watch.

I'm happy as hell Butler won (mostly because my bracket's fucked and I'm just pulling for upsets), but if they play like that against Kansas, they're gonna get slaughtered.

Also, Reggie Miller is an idiot.

14. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Similarly, as a Georgetown student, every round that VCU advances makes our loss look less embarrassing.

Ditto on Miller.

15. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is clearly the best NCAA Tournament I can remember.

VCU is up 14 on Kansas at the half with a ticket to the Final 4 on the line.

I want to make a comment on Butler, because it's absolutely amazing what they have accomplished. This is a team that competes in the same conference as UIC and Youngstown State, has a team budget that is less than half of Mike Kryzewski's annual salary, lost an NBA lottery pick since last season, and they are back in the Final 4. Think about that for a second.

If VCU can hold on to beat Kansas, there's no reason they can't beat UNC, UK, or UConn. Hats off! If I could be a fly on the wall anywhere, I'd like to be in Richmond, VA right now since Kansas crushed Richmond and VCU is in town, too.

16. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somewhere, a secretary is going to win her office pool because she had Butler and VCU in the final four.

17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Real funny, VCU. Real funny.

18. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If one were to calculate the number of celebratory blowjobs coming VCU's way, one would divide the cumulative talent of Kansas' roster by the cumulative talent of VCU's roster, and...fuck, I can't count that high.

Not that the Jayhawks did themselves any favors by missing 13 free throws. How the hell does a #1 seed get away with shooting 54% from the line? I found myself asking the same thing when Memphis choked against Kansas in the championship game 3 years ago.

19. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The things I would do to Shaka Smart...

20. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Most likely to beat up his girlfriend if his team loses? Josh Harrellson. That dude looks angry all the time.