Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Mammoth-fil-A

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Jan 17, 2011.

1. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Goat feet curry is one of the most delicious Pakistani dishes around. Although the curry has almost no meat, just the resulting gravy is so god damn delicious. I'm glad I didn't find out what it was until I had already had it many times. By then I already enjoyed it way too much to care about the gross factor. If you go to any Pakistani restaurant and you see "paye" (pronounced like pie) on the menu, order it and prepare to have your mind blown.

2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was in Honduras last summer and we tracked down a restaurant that served Iguana. I was expecting a big fat one on a spit like you see in the movies but I wasn't so lucky. They only had some skinny little guy that they chopped up skin, bones, and all. The flavor was really good but I couldn't deal wth the skin and little bones in it. I've also eaten more than my share of female ass, which is delicious.

3. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ate zebra, wildebeest, and various other kinds of antelope like critters when we were in Kenya at a restaurant called The Carnivore.

All of it had been cooked over a rotisserie for probably 5 or 6 hours, so it basically just tasted like meat and garlic.

4. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I had a camel burger in Morocco a couple years ago. Strangely, it tasted exactly as you'd expect—it was vaguely reminiscent of the smell (btw camels don't smell terrible, though obviously they do smell like animals). Pretty tasty, I'd have liked to have also tried a steak or non-ground version.

5. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I accidentally ordered a whole roasted suckling pigs head as an appetizer recently. My listening comprehension suffers after a drink or two, so I missed the part where the waiter explained that the roasted suckling pig appetizer special was, in fact, the entire head. I was thrilled when he plonked a whole head down on the table. It was glorious. I even ate the eyeballs. My sister, back in town for her college winter break, was notably less excited (but to her credit, tasted it).

I don't understand people that are unwilling to try things. Assuming we aren't calling into question the safety of the food, what is the worst thing that can happen? You have a taste in your mouth for 35 seconds that bothers you? Also, unless I'm at a crappy restaurant, I always try to order something I haven't necessarily eaten before. You'll rarely catch me ordering a steak or a plain old burger or whatever.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I tried Rattlesnake and it was very chewy, like tough greasy bacon. The flavour was mild and nothing to get too excited about.

7. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was 12 or 13, my dad took me on a dove hunt that was part of a large Ducks Unlimited event. After the hunt, we went to what I call the "Feast of a Thousand Beasts."

There, laid out before us on countless tables, was nearly every animal I'd heard of. There were over a dozen kinds of fish and shellfish (every person got their own lobster). There were two whole pigs on a spit, chicken, turkey, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, dove, goat, lamb, bison, three or four different deer meats, moose, kangaroo, alligator, ostrich, rabbit, squirrel, rattlesnake, various insects cooked in different ways, and, most memorably, beaver balls (which are exactly what they say they are). I'm sure there was more, but I can't remember it all.

I had at least one of everything. The only thing I didn't care for was the insects. They reminded me of crab cakes that were made by someone who took no care to remove pieces of shell. Everything else was really good.

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus Christ I'm sorry I started reading this thread. You people are way more adventurous with what you put in your mouths than I am. Ugh.
    The most 'exotic' thing I've ever eaten was when I was stationed in Georgia and one of my older black gramma lady coworkers brought chit'lins in for lunch. She had the most fearsome, scary, "I'll beat you with this spoon if you don't take a bite" expression on her face when she told me to try a bite. I was not thrilled. Never again.

Icky.

Seafood sounds nifty. Everyone raves about it. But it tastes like dirty pennies and copper wire to me...so...I never eat it.

9. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cat.

When I was younger we hung out with this guy from Vietnam, and often joked with him about eating dogs and cats. He said he never ate dog, but cat was very good, " I cook for you someday."

There was much discussion about who would try it, and all that, but the problem was, how the hell do you find a cat ? Go to the SPCA and buy one ? We just figured it would never happen.

Until one night of drinking when our friend took another friend home, and just happened to hit a cat with his car. This was before cell phones so there we all were watching TV, shitfaced, and in he walks with a dead cat by the tail, " Yo guys, I got one !"

At this point one friend suddenly "passed out", the rest of us went into action. Our Vietnamese friend began cutting up kitty and did him up with some various spices in a frying pan and rice. We laughed like the drunken fools we all were when we sat down at 2 am to eat this authentic Asian cuisine.

The strange thing is, as gross as it sounded, it was pretty damn good. It tasted and had the consistency of a really tender beef. Not something I'd make a habit out of, but if there's ever a food shortage, it's an option.

I've also had muskrat, which was tender and kinda sweet. Other than that, ostrich, elk, lots of deer, rabbit and squirrel.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually tried Balut last night when a Philippine girl who works at my favorite bar brought some from home. It was fucking nasty. The taste wasnt bad nothing to strong. But the more solid congealed texture was awful. It was like a dry paste that wouldnt let me salivate to help with chewing. I chugged quite a bit of beer too get the head of the baby duck phetus down. It stuck to the side of the egg and the girl persisted that I eat that part. I was not turned on, my penis didnt grow an inch, and it is not a hangover cure...

[​IMG]

11. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Take this into account next time you try something exotic to eat.

At some point , someone probably decided to try eating that because there simply wasn't anything else to eat.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MMMmmmmMMMM Humans.

13. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I ate a roadkill German Shepherd puppy once. It was probably a few days old, but once you boil something long enough you can eat anything. Rotten meat tastes sweet, actually.

The Army is dumb.

14. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I recall correctly, the Roman elite preferred to let their meat rot a bit, to make it sweeter and more tender.

When was this, Robin Sage?