Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Mad Men: Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I usually end up going to read the TWOP thread to see if they have any insight.

I think I looked more surprised than Ben when Pete decided to keep him on. I'm guessing it's some version of "keep your enemies closer" mixed with "I can make him my bitch now that I know his secret." Something he couldn't really do with Don since Don was his superior.

What is it about Pete stumbling ass backward into other people's deep dark secret identities?

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, what happened to this show? Maybe it's just me but Mad Men is just something I have on in the background now, weak finale.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know I think Don basically getting fired is pretty fucking huge to go out on, plus Megan is leaving him. I'd say there were more missteps this season than most but still quality Mad Men. In the long run I think Peggy in this episode, though set back with her relationship with Ted, moved forward the most towards her aspirations of advancement. Everyone else wound up spun out in positions they didn't want to be in. Don, Pete, Roger, Ted, so on.

Things I liked about the season. Don and Ted's antithetical character interactions. He can't drink, he can't think creatively on the same level, his normal non-Don behavior. The way they played Don thinking he was being un imposing and altruistic to him as he went about doing things for himself. Don and Sally after she caught him fucking the neighbor was great. Sally has and still is quite a high point for this show. I also kind of glad Megan got to go out with a decent grip on what was really wrong with their marriage. She wasn't given too much meat this season but every had dumped on her since the beginning and Im glad those idiotic theories of her murder were as wrong as you can get.

Things I didn't like. Peggy for most of the season was kind of floating between odd relationships. I still think her midnight stabbing of her writer boyfriend was eehhhhhhhh. Ted was set up as wishy washy on his willingness to cheat or move on from his wife. Somehow his yes, no, yes, no, well I'm moving to California was kind still odd. Also, overall, I am still confused on where they wanted to take Bob. One moment he half threatens Pete, then gets called out and begs to be given a days head start. Next he might or might not be involved in Pete's mom's death and then makes HUGE power play to embarrass Pete and get him kicked off their biggest account.