Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Louie

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by downndirty, Sep 29, 2012.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/29/entertainment/la-et-louie-ck-20100629" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/29 ... k-20100629</a>

So, after thoroughly enjoying his stand up for years, I sat down and gave this show a shot. The first season was only seven episodes of about 20 minutes each and it was amazing. It's seriously like no other show I've seen on tv. Funny, sad, weird, and it encompasses a lot of modern life. This guy in almost every way is strikingly average, and it shows a lot of his loneliness, fear, family troubles, children problems and him encountering people at their worst. There's the incredibly awkward moment when he laughs at a guy ranting at the check-in counter at the airport and just gets stared down, or the encounter with a bad fan and the police officer who helps him out with a request and they serve to reinforce his loneliness, and this basic difficulty in understanding or relating to people who are just as average as he is. The show is also interspersed with a lot of his comedy, as well as guest appearances by other comics, which I think is great.

One other thing he does in this show is take a classic joke to the extreme. The airplane humor, Ricky Gervais as his doctor giving him a middle-aged physical, the 5 minute-long fart joke that turns into an important moment in his life or the sad humor about trying to teach a 5 year old something that a child who wants a mango pop will simply not understand.

Anyone else watch this show?

2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mods please delete, this has been done before. Oops.