Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

LOST Season Six

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by The Good Doctor, Oct 19, 2009.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Bread Mustache

Bread Mustache
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

5. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Bread Mustache

Bread Mustache
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Goddamn it. It's going to be so hard to not click on those spoiler links for this season. I seriously clicked on that link 3 times but closed it before it loaded. I want to go into this season as oblivious as possible because it's more fun that way, but this is going to be tough.

7. Bread Mustache

Bread Mustache
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You're not missing anything. In all likelihood, Chang said that just to dissuade people from messing around with the computer, not because anything dangerous would really happen. They never address it at any other time.
    If you're wondering if it could be future Walt telling Michael where to find him in the past, I think that's kind of a stretch. But then again, so would the island disappearing prior to season 4. So who knows.

8. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're only going to a week behind here in Australia (an episode), but nevertheless im going to have to avoid this thread as much as possible, if not altogether now. It's disappointing, as I enjoy the week-to-week suspense/theories/discussion etc

Not clicking on links will be extremely hard to avoid

9. Joe Snap

Joe Snap
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Not sure how long this will be up but you can see the first hour at this link. Its basically a cam from the premiere. I couldnt help but watch the whole thing even though there were a few times I had to read lips the audio was so bad.

<a class="postlink" href="http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2010/01/watch-episode-601.html#axzz0eAwKKPFQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... z0eAwKKPFQ</a>

10. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Theory time considering we're only a couple of days away. It shouldn't need to be said that if you've seen any leaked versions of the episode or read any spoilers it's probably best you don't post or give anything away.

I've got three main guesses:

Jacob is not dead
    MiB/Flocke is definitely Smokey (obvious)
    Sayid to die from his bullet wound

Concerning the aftermath of the bomb explosion, I have no idea whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if Desmond had some sort of role to play with the rest of the Losties

11. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MAKE TODAY END, MAKE IT BE LOST TIME.

I've had an emotional erection for over a week. Tomorrow night WILL be the second greatest night in 2010.

The greatest night will be the finale.

I am fucking GIDDY.

12. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm excited but at the same time there's a current of sadness underneath knowing that a mere sixteen weeks after tomorrow, there will no longer be any new episodes of Lost.

No other show has inspired the sheer amount of speculation, theorizing, and at times lunacy the way this one has and chances are it will be a damn long time before something even comes remotely close to the pure awesome that Lost has encapsulated since it premiered way back in 2004.

13. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Remember in Season 4 when you see Christian and Claire in that random shed on the island? They never addressed that in Season 5 at all, which I found very odd. There has to be some tie-in with that, and maybe with Claire's baby.

I still am not sure what happened at the end of season 5. Locke and Linus and all of them are in present time, and Jack/Sawyer and that group is living 30 years before that - and at the end of the season the bomb goes off - in 1977. So it obviously didn't reset time, since Locke and Co. are still on the island, right?

14. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

False. Think of it this way. When Faraday talked to Desmond in the past, Desmond suddenly woke up and remembered the conversation. So until Juliette detonates that bomb, presumably life in all time periods is simultaneously running as it normally did. At the point in the timeline that she blows up that bomb, that's when things change in the present too.

Faraday/Desmond Bomb
    1977 ______^_____________________<>

Desmond So what happens now?
    2009 ______^_____________________X-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

15. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm trying to stay spoiler-free too, but I'm curious what role Desmond is going to play this season. He's already been established as some sort of temporal anomaly so it wouldn't surprise me if he's the one most acutely aware of the changed timeline.

Regardless, I need "LOST" to fill the Galactica-sized hole in my soul right now, because I'm pretty sure "Caprica" isn't going to cut it.

16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which is not to even mention the fact that the bomb detonating was the last thing we saw in the episode. We don't know what happened after that. Unless you couldn't stop yourself from watching the four minute sneak peak.

17. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Too many of you have seen this sneak peak. I'm going into hiding... from the Lost Thread... until 11pm tomorrow night.

Ladies and gentlemen... we are about to embark on a fantastic journey. One that makes people respect my opinions somehow. One that demands us to put our trust in the creative minds behind this show. I for one know that the premiere will do nothing if not engender doubts about this final season, but I have faith in Mr. Lindelof, Mr. Cuse and their brood.

LOST represents a paradigm shift for modern television. Gone are the sitcom, cast aside the procedural drama. LOST gave way to the serial, allowed things like The First Season of Heroes Except the Last 30 Seconds, Fringe, Fast Forward (kinda) and Chuck. Without LOST we would have nothing to watch except 5 Law and Orders, 4 Criminal Minds, 3 NCISs and about 25 versions of CSI.

This show has been the definition of appointment TV over the past 5 years. I will NEVER forget sitting down in my living room of my college apartment with one of my roomates. We had been talking about the crazy commercials for this show about a plane crash and a jungle. I'd wanted to watch it strictly because I was such a fan of Alias. I sat on the couch, my roommate sat on the chair that used to vibrate but had long since broken. With a bowl of popcorn between us we began a journey that took us from the highest of the high (the first flashback to Locke in the wheelchair, among others) to the lowest of the low (devoting an hour to bai ling and jack's tattoos.) A journey that has redefined television. Redefined entertainment. A journey that has given us hours upon hours of entertainment not from watching, but from discussing. A journey that led to this thread. A journey that gave an ex Navy guy from San Diego, a kid who works in marketing from NJ, and... a guy who does whatever the fuck DMix does from Alabama a reason to spend inordinate amounts of time on the internet waiting with baited breath to see what the others had to say.

My friends. Tomorrow marks the beginning of the end of this great journey. And no matter how confusing it is, no matter what they do, no matter how confusing, befuddling or anger inducing s6e1 might be we know one thing. We will NOT be disappointed. We believe that the creative vision for this series rests on the next few months. And we know that our trust this far has not been in vain.

A toast... TO LOST!

(I've only ever given one best man speech in my life... it was my brother's in August... It was good, but not as good as what I just wrote. My priorities are fucked)

18. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

How in the hell did you get through this whole pep talk post without uttering the words "live together, die alone"? Come on, man!

19. Bread Mustache

Bread Mustache
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think that showing us whether or not the bomb reset time would be too predictable for Darlton to show us off the bat. I have a feeling that something else is going to be going on that we don't even know about yet. Or they'll do something crazy like pull a Memento and show us the last chronological event first and work backwards (probably not, but something similar that we're not expecting at all)

I spent all day today baking fish biscuits and Dharma beers for an "orientation" party I'm having tomorrow night. This season is going to be fucking epic.

as Jack says during The Incident, "See you in Los Angeles"

20. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Man I can't wait for the last season to start. I tried my hardest to stay spoiler free, but when DMix posted that link to the first 2 minutes of the first episode, I just couldn't help myself. So I won't throw any of my dumb theories out there yet so I don't ruin anything. I'll wait till I watch the full episode tomorrow, when I'm sure everything I'm thinking right now will be proven to be retarded.

Either way, I'm really excited to see what happens this season, and I'm really looking forward to reading this thread the day after the episodes. I always feel like I pick up a ton of things in every episode, but then I read through here and realize how much shit I miss, and I have to go re-watch the whole episode again.